UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

questen about CUB

Whatever98

Squire
last cub they were worth about 500-1000 each i think

this thread stinks man. i cant believe that all i want is like a couple of rugs, a fountain, and a music box. i've spent like a year and a half preparing for it, and now you're planning to fuck us over so i cant even get that out of like 250million gold investment.

fuck you guys..

What

Sorceror
Kinda' seems like if there weren't an unobtainable reward (heritage token), players wouldn't have to save up their emblems to get one, thus would seem to fix the hoarding items problem? Or make it to the emblems are only good for that one CUB event, and not any future events. OR maybe keep changing the rewards for future CUB events.

Whatever98

Squire
so what if people fill their houses with stuff that could be smelted. it still needs to be made in the first place. after cub, everyone will need to refill all their shit over the next year or so, that's demand for items. what is wrong with that??????????????

Whatever98

Squire
this would be my third pain from updates within like 3 months man

first from runic changes like a week after burning around 10 golden, 5 agapite, a verite and valorite hammer. then they change gem carts. now planning to change hand in value for the item i've been collecting..

starting to get pissed off...

i actually give a shit about this one, cos all im wanting is deco items for my house, totally not asking for much at all. pumped like 2 ornes, aof, etc worth of gold into it. gambling for items on it's own sux without the silver lining

all of the problems that you can mention for CUB and the current rules are complete "so what?" problems.

people will hoard items - so what? does server save actually bother anyone?
noobs will be able to get cub stuff - so what?
there will be more heritage items around - so what???
people will farm low level item - so what!??!?!?

none of this hurts the game in the slightest.

the problem is that CUB is intended to lower the item count and it doesn't, it increases the item count. well, so, fucking, what?
it's fun.

Last edited:
And from what I understand, stuff that comes from events, like candy canes, gingerbread cookies, or whatever else that spawns for a limited time every year, will be worth more generous points.

Last CUB stealables were not worth that much, event drop items too. Its a gamble on what to save and toss.

I believe what Eos was trying to say was IF cub was going to be a constant, THEN the table would need drastic alterations.

If you want a music box, a few carpets and other deco items. Imagine what sort of consequences that would have on the ecconomy. Heritage token is 12kk. then times that by 4... We all want carpets to deck our castle out, but im sure if we begged and logged a few threads/inquisitions they could be obtained in another way. Although, then whomever owns a Rug will be mad theirs is worth less.

MMMartin

Squire
CUB... hoarding items... +- 50kk... whatever, GEMS make diference 500kk ? maybe 1-2kkk ?? or more ??? well CUB cant make big diference... if players whatever use at CUB they dont get so much points like ARTS with paragons and others more properity and intensity items...

well, i will hope arts and base items what getting will keep self VALUE with points at CUB... whatever noone know when will CUB start... can be 1 day... or 3 years... and like before players say... KEEP LOOKING FORWARD CHANGE... will see what admins will make in future for us :thumbsup:

Whatever98

Squire
im pissed off cos logically she's right to want to change it. changes have been made to the game irrespective of the players or the server's current status loads of times in the past, and it pretty much is policy, in a twisted way it's actually fair.

and if CUB is intended to lower the number of items in the game, then items which can be recycled should not be worth cub emblems - then people will recycle them instead of keeping them.

BUT - i dont think that is the purpose of cub, i think the purpose of cub is to give us access to the CUB items, and provide some value for the crap items.

so basically i think it's a matter of deciding what is the main purpose of the event here on demise, and what is the coincidental side effect.

im on the side of fun, rather than the side of efficiency. i really dont think the server needs it, or even benefits from it that much, it gives like half a second difference on save, and i dont lag anyway unless there's an actual problem somewhere. but then im on a 150mb connection...

imo, CUB should be a fun event that gives some value to items which are otherwise useless, and gives access to fun items/content.

+
and the reason i say it's GM's fault, is that people would not have collected the items in the first place if the GM's hadn't made them worth something, so they've literally incited the players to do something they wouldn't have otherwise done, and then taken away the reason for them doing it like a year down the line. that's just laaaaame.

it's like saying "look i've brought these tokens out for you to collect, and next year you'll be able to spend them on stuff"
*one year later*
"oh you got those tokens? well i changed my mind and im not bothering with those anymore, no there's no rewards or anything, just chuck those. we got these new tokens now, so next year..."
-_-

and i know you're going to say "but no-one said that it'd be like that next year".
but does that mean that the goal posts on this game are going to be constantly moving now?? cos man... that's a shit game :/
how you supposed to get better at a game with shifting goal posts... pffft.. dont lose the fucking forest for the trees guys...

Last edited:

Phelon

Knight
No one moved the goal posts on you. No one ever stated that X item will be worth Y value if and when another CUB was ever implemented. You convinced yourself that you had it all figured out and and maybe you do. It's pure speculation at this time so I wouldn't get too upset yet.

Whatever98

Squire
i think large artifacts were about 10-15k emblems and lesser/mondain artifacts were about 2-3k each, so were all the stealables.

around copper/bronze runics made in a metal were worth about 600, golden about 1000

so you'd be looking at 35,000 emblems for a golden hammer's trash, 24k emblems from copper/bronze hammer. no doubt gauntlet artifacts should have been worth more, but i dont think the others should be worth less, you need like 1.5 million emblems or something like that for a heritage token

it even works out better for the people who are burning lower hammers (the lower players), i really dont think there's anything wrong with it as long as you make it clear it will be a long time between events so people shouldn't rush to repopulate their stocks

i mean fair enough it's not reducing the number of items in the game, but it does loads of other good stuff, it encourages people to put down houses, to plan long term and invest in stuff, to be more willing to burn runics (making a better market for farming runics), moves wealth to lower players, gives items people want, gives items people need, makes it worth farming minor artifacts and mondain artifacts, makes those items sellable... there's LOADS

people will ALWAYS find something worth keeping, even if you remove runics from the list, they'll find something else anyway. or even if they're worth less, they'll still keep them for the lower amount. it would not solve the problem.

removing craftables from being something worth keeping for CUB would end up being completely arbitrary, and will just piss people off and serve no purpose, other than making less emblems this cub. my houses would just be full of single bods or something if not runic scrap

Last edited:

Whatever98

Squire
i really wouldn't mind at all if they left it for another year
as long as they don't just go having a look at what people have been collecting for it before hand, then making that item not worth collecting to discourage people hoarding it for next time... it would be such a bait and switch, it would happen every time, and it would be constant disappointment after putting in the work to get stuff and the patience to wait for it to pay off. you're basically saying "whatever item you find that is best to hoard, we will make not worth hoarding", and you cant win under those circumstances.

if there is no filler that can be hoarded then people wont hoard yea, but people wont get any heritage tokens either, and the event really will be like once every 5-10 years, and 100mil quivers with zero tokens cashed in on other stuff...

it would just massively suck because you problem solve this stuff to find a good strategy for it, and to me it's saying "if you find a good strategy for something, we'll change it." and i dont like the idea of that... the alternative, we just dont tell anyone anything while secretly exploiting it for our own ends... that sounds very elitist to me tho, and not good for new players.. dont we want people to be able to make money and stuff, if there's more people doing it then stuff will just be a bit cheaper

Mantvis

Sorceror
CUB is a good idea after all, but hoarders ruined it. They should make just one more and then inform us, that there will be no CUB's again. World saves increased dramatically since the hoarding started. Knowing that there will be no CUB, would discourage hoarders from hoarding.

After that, next CUB could be hold after:
Then world save becomes X seconds long + X amount of time passes. This would be at lease 3 or more years if there is no constant hoarding.

CUB is not a money supply. Not for old or new players. Don't be butt-hurt about that.

Mister Pink

Squire
What messed with everyone's mind is that Cub was done and then less than 4 months later it was done again. Then I think it was another year after that they had another one. I think one more is in order just so people get rid of all their shit. Then staff should say This event won't be run for at least 3-4 years. Problem solved. No hoarding specifically for the cub event.

For the the third Cub I hoarded Single bods because they seemed to have the most value. The third cub came around and their value wasn't as much as previously. I should have diversified. Don't hoard one item in particular.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Then staff should say This event won't be run for at least 3-4 years. Problem solved. No hoarding specifically for the cub event.

I wouldn't be on that :p

It would just be a trial of patience, but I'm sure hoarder will hoard, no matter how long the delay for next Cub would be. The anticipation of something great seems to be overly omnipresent in the mind of most players.

Whatever98

Squire
What messed with everyone's mind is that Cub was done and then less than 4 months later it was done again.

this.

first cub i had LOADS to hand in (still only got about 2mil emblems), second cub was like a year and a bit later, but i'd been recycling everything and had nothing to hand in (the runics i was handing in were decent and worth more than the 500-1000 emblems but i had no crap to cub), third cub was like 4 moths later, again had nothing to hand in. so started keeping the crafting trash. i think there's only been 3, at least i didn't just refill all my houses to capacity with single bods the day after cub -_-

people got rewarded for that man, if anything is bad policy and should lose it's value... there's no reason they shouldn't be in a bod book. speaking of which, can we cub full bod books for next time plz, i still have all my 20/ex/iron wep bods and crap in books from the first event

Nordon

Sorceror
Peprhaps if it becomes a constant (enabled 100% of the time), like I believe it's now on OSI, no one would have incentive to hoard, but just immediately turn in the items that he wants to trash.
So, I'd imagine that's a solution.
And I don't think a flood of heritage tokens will be too bad.
It's not like you can get utterly amazing gear from those, rather you can get nice deco items. Which is fine by me.