UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

questen about CUB

MMMartin

Squire
i wonder, what points was for arts ML, PARAGONS, DOOM... (before at event)
and what is best gather crafting amors, looting yevels, weapon with BS or bows ? for event cub?

Kallitcha

Squire
For some reason I'm thinking they traded for same points as their non artifact counterpart.

This very post is the reason cub should be open more often or not at all. The whole point of cub event was to encourage people to trash junk stuff to free up the number of items in the game so saves were shorter. Not to encourage hoarding junk items for cub. Just sayin'

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
One thing is certain, and it has been said by Eos on a "Five on Friday" is that hoarding will NOT be rewarded.

Basically, everything that people have been hoarding intensively, i.e. jewels, armor, weapons etc... that paid well during last CUB, most likely than not will be relatively worthless next CUB, if there is a next that is.

I must say I get a bit of a chuckle at the misery that everyone else put themselves, sometimes complaining that all of their houses are full, waiting for CUB, then they get good stuff and can't store it, it's kinda funny :)

So basically, your question is irrelevant, since no one knows, what will pay out next CUB, as it will definately be different than it was last time around.

CUB will be held again in the future, but it's definitely not something we plan to do on any regular schedule. The hoarding it causes defeats the real purpose of it, and we plan to do several adjustments to counter that as much as possible before doing it again.

Several people have also suggested holding a "perma CUB", which is not really a viable option with the current system. It would effectively become a constant reward generator. :p It would need a very different turn-in table, focusing on limited-supply rares instead of magical armor and BODs. After such a change, it could definitely be considered. :)

Whatever98

Squire
"It would effectively become a constant reward generator. "

what's wrong with rewarding people for playing?

Whatever98

Squire
so is it becoming policy to screw players over when correcting a GM's mistake?

cos that's not cool...
that's banker logic that

"i've fucked up, so lets make the people pay for it" -_-'

it's not our fault that CUB has encouraged hoarding, we played the rules you set out, now you're planning to change the rules.... -_-
after people have been preparing for it for over a year...

you're completely ignoring things like the prices people have paid for runic tools under the pretense that the run off will at least allow them to recoup like 20%. the prices of minor arts and arts bought for CUB.

im just not gonna throw anything away then. why would you?

Last edited:

MadeInQuebec

"It would effectively become a constant reward generator. "

what's wrong with rewarding people for playing?
so is it becoming policy to screw players over when correcting a GM's mistake?

cos that's not cool...
that's banker logic that

"i've fucked up, so lets make the people pay for it" -_-'

Hoarding is not quite the same as playing.

There is a difference in a normal accumulation of items, vs items being actually hoarded for their expected future value, i.e. in a CUB system.

I don't see what you mean by "so is it becoming policy to screw players over when correcting a GM's mistake?"

I don't think the GM's made any mistake. At the time they ran that CUB, it was a good decision. But the players took a bad decision when they decided to hoard "crap" in order to gain value later, in something that was never guaranteed to happen anyway!

Whatever98

Squire
people who's house is at capacity will remove the lowest items when they get new items, and keep the house at capacity.

gm's should have introduced a different system, maybe where empty houses get a yearly present or something. CUB encourages hoarding yes, but that's a problem with it's concept, that's the GM's mistake, it's a bad idea basically. but now that players have filled their houses expecting it, you cant make all their stuff worth jack shit and make all the players work worthless. all because GM's had a bad idea.

Whatever98

Squire
the thing is, it's not even a bad idea, the game generates items, and the items need to be destroyed from the game to make room for new items. the CUB reward items are needed in the game too.

fuck your server save times, that's not what it's for.

MadeInQuebec

read edit
fine it's never garenteed, then dont have it. dont fuckin change the rules tho.

I understand your point.

Unfortunately, you can't blame the GM's over a decision that was made by the players.

It's the players that have inflated the runic kits lobbying the next CUB. It's the players that decided it was a logical choice to hoard as much as possible in preparing for a CUB event.

CUB is not something that has to be done in exactly one way, it's something that's done at some point in order to relieve the server from stress, and to reward long lasting players. The result will still be the same, and I'm that if, and when, there would be another CUB, it will be fairly rewarding to all of the player base, instead of selectively rewarding to the players who have been hoarding for a year hoping for something that is not necessarily meant to be done on a regular basis.

Let's take a fun comparaison.

Let's say it's been a year you have not cleaned your house, and then you decide it's time and you clean it, scrub it up and down floor to ceiling. At your wonderful surprise, you manage to find 20.00$ in coins and bills that you lost during that time.

Now since that happen, would you think it would be a good idea, to intentionally dirty up your house until it's such a mess, in order to clean it again and hope to find even more than the 20.00$ you found before?

Of course not, it's a bit silly of an example, but to me it's kind of the same principle.

Whatever98

Squire
where do you think those crafts came from? runic tools, gems, etc
where do you think those came from? bods, mining, etc
where do you think those came from?? FUCKING PLAYERS PLAYING THE GAME

jesus christ, lets all just not play ehy? just ban everyone, delete all the houses. man dat save time, so good.

MMMartin

Squire
I understand your point.

Unfortunately, you can't blame the GM's over a decision that was made by the players.

It's the players that have inflated the runic kits lobbying the next CUB. It's the players that decided it was a logical choice to hoard as much as possible in preparing for a CUB event.

CUB is not something that has to be done in exactly one way, it's something that's done at some point in order to relieve the server from stress, and to reward long lasting players. The result will still be the same, and I'm that if, and when, there would be another CUB, it will be fairly rewarding to all of the player base, instead of selectively rewarding to the players who have been hoarding for a year hoping for something that is not necessarily meant to be done on a regular basis.

Let's take a fun comparaison.

Let's say it's been a year you have not cleaned your house, and then you decide it's time and you clean it, scrub it up and down floor to ceiling. At your wonderful surprise, you manage to find 20.00$ in coins and bills that you lost during that time.

Now since that happen, would you think it would be a good idea, to intentionally dirty up your house until it's such a mess, in order to clean it again and hope to find even more than the 20.00$ you found before?

Of course not, it's a bit silly of an example, but to me it's kind of the same principle.

so why just not make 10 years old account get 5 quivers ??? and young account get nothing :D

with you idea... others players nothing get never :confused:, i think whatever98 hit at black*

MadeInQuebec

so why just not make 10 years old account get 5 quivers ??? and young account get nothing :D

with you idea... others players nothing get never :confused:, i think whatever98 hit at black*

You misunderstand what I meant by "long lasting"

I didn't mean account age get goodies and the other gets nothing, it's just a way of saying that they IF, and please don't minimize the IF, there is a next CUB at some point, it will be remastered in a way where hoarding will not have been specifically rewarded, but other goodies that players who've been playing will be able to capitalize on.

Whatever98

Squire
if i wasn't filling my houses with runic waste, i wouldn't have bought 1/4 as many runic tools as i have, and if that's true for other people then there would have been 1/4 as much demand, and 1/4 as many people farming them.

seriously why do you not want to reward players for playing?

MadeInQuebec

you are practically saying "cub makes people play the game, damn you cub"

Not really. I'm merely interpreting Eos' response to that question. I just want to say I personally don't care much about CUB, it could happen tommorow and be the same setting as before, or it could never happen again and I wouldn't see any difference.

So please don't get too angry at me :p

MadeInQuebec

Basically, all this says, is that your runic weapons you've been hoarding, instead of being worth 100 emblems like last time, maybe they'll be worth 12.

And from what I understand, stuff that comes from events, like candy canes, gingerbread cookies, or whatever else that spawns for a limited time every year, will be worth more generous points.

Is that good? Is that bad? I don't know.

I do tho, agree that hoarding specifically for CUB is a bit silly. I don't really have anything against people doing it, simply that it doesnt make much sense since CUB has never been meant to be done on a schedule type of basis, so basically it's just hoarding in the hope that one day it will be worth something, and you could wake up three years later with the same stuff, same place, still worth nada!