UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish Notes for June 29, 2008 Update

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Publish Notes for June 29, 2008 Update

A small update was put in place Sunday, June 29, 2008 requiring server downtime. Several changes are included in this update, including:

PLAYER RELATED
- Fixed Wraith Form mana leech bug
- Access to the Trammel Star Room now available
- Blue books corrected to be 40 pages
- New Haven moongate relocated
- Correction made to Evasion
- Nerve Strike paralysis now uninterrupted for 2 seconds
- Houses can no longer be placed where an IDOC has recently fallen
- Issues related to pet skill caps corrected
- Strong boxes now have (and maintain) correct name and weight

NON-PLAYER RELATED:
- Various backend changes to improve shard functionality
- Functionality and commands added for staff

Players will also have to update to the most recent client.

The server may have to come up and down a couple times after to ensure all changes were made correctly and functioning properly. This post will update should any changes occur.

Re: Publish Notes for June 29, 2008 Update

Oh baby.

I'm still anxiously awaiting the hair restyle deeds for Elves to be working. :)

Oaks

Knight

- Houses can no longer be placed where an IDOC has recently fallen

Sweet, this one was due a long time. Equals the playing field for any people coming across one, thanks.

Is it a certain timer like they have on the production shards ?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Its not infinite, if that's what you are asking. So, the house falls, wait a bit, then the new house can be placed. :) Same as OSI.

Oaks

Knight

I'll post about an idoc in fel and see how it goes :D

I can imagine the frustration of people trying to score a Luna plot which has fallen but with no way of being able to tell when you can place hehe.

antisocial

Wanderer

this levels the playing feild a little bit for you other house hunters lol - oh wait! damnit that sux for me!!!

Does this refer to the problems with Rune Beetles? That's a pretty major fix, if it does. Good show.

On the other hand, I just checked and locked-down books in houses are still broken. I should be able to at least read books which are locked down in a house I don't own. I know about using red leaves to lock the contents, so I don't mind if they're normally read/write when locked down. The current solution of "make a box of books and have a lot of replacements on hand for when people steal/destroy them" makes player-run libraries null and void, as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, this update gives me hope. I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I just know what it's like to lose momentum on a personal project, so it heartens me when I see progress. I'll just wait a bit longer, then.

Serrano

Wanderer

This is a little update or a real update, like osi?
Cause in Osi, now you only can do special moves of a weapon if you have 80 tatics... this is right?
And... some things:
In pvp tourney... how a warrior can kill a mage if they spam heal and disarm? If disarm isn´t allowed... it´s all ok... lol ^^

Thanks

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

IndigoParadox;407976 said:
Does this refer to the problems with Rune Beetles? That's a pretty major fix, if it does. Good show.

On the other hand, I just checked and locked-down books in houses are still broken. I should be able to at least read books which are locked down in a house I don't own. I know about using red leaves to lock the contents, so I don't mind if they're normally read/write when locked down. The current solution of "make a box of books and have a lot of replacements on hand for when people steal/destroy them" makes player-run libraries null and void, as far as I'm concerned.

The security levels for books and locked containers is also something we are well aware of and hope to have fixed soon.

crackhead

Knight

Serrano;407982 said:
This is a little update or a real update, like osi?
Cause in Osi, now you only can do special moves of a weapon if you have 80 tatics... this is right?
And... some things:
In pvp tourney... how a warrior can kill a mage if they spam heal and disarm? If disarm isn´t allowed... it´s all ok... lol ^^

Thanks

ive won tourneys with a dexer but it wasnt easy.try disarming them first and maybe throw in a mortal or 10

Satanchia

Wanderer

Can anyone explain what this change means?

Enlightener

Sorceror

That mean :
1.- the rune betlee can have more than 700 skill cap ( i think)
and
2.-Hiryus now ROCK, even if after tamed the hiryu ,let say have more than 100 in wrestle , it can still be trained (Checked and triple checked)

LadyCrimson;407987 said:
The security levels for books and locked containers is also something we are well aware of and hope to have fixed soon.

It's great to read that. I'll definitely look forward to it. Hopefully I'll be able to keep myself occupied with these new 40-page books and super-Hiryu until that point. ;)

Satanchia

Wanderer

Enlightener;408015 said:
That mean :
1.- the rune betlee can have more than 700 skill cap ( i think)
and
2.-Hiryus now ROCK, even if after tamed the hiryu ,let say have more than 100 in wrestle , it can still be trained (Checked and triple checked)

Not so sure on the rune beetle bit, took mine out of the stables and tried to train him but he didn't gain a single point :(