UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 75 - 5/13/07

Mashenka

Wanderer
Re: Publish 75 - 5/13/07

my brother and I are idoc hunters, are we allowed to have 8 or 4 houses total. we use the same wan ip :(

WaRgAzM

Knight

oldskooluo;1422010 said:
Awesome Ryan!!!! its about time some of these land Mongers
give up some space for new players
ive seen many forum sales with people selling villages and are obviously over thier quota and have been abusing the system
i see far too many huge homes with nothing being done with them
if anyone wants to donate a big pad to a small guild new to this server please contact Oldskooluo on AIM or pm me

TRAGLAND IS GOING TO SHIT BUWHAHAHAHA

YOMOMA

Wanderer

i have a problem i get on my guildmates accounts does that mean if i get on there accounts i will lose my house?

Yaya

Wanderer

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN i played with ur heart! thank you for changing the idocs

M a r i s

Wanderer

OMG! NICE! Cant wait till this IDOC patch comes up! Just in time too...im making a 7x tamer/mage...this is gonna get crazy!!!

GO RYAN!

E

exuro_halloween

Question? I got two brothers that play, both have different ips than I do, and two of us have 3 houses, and one of us has 1. But, on occasion we have logged onto eachothers accounts for various reasons. Do Ip's combine on each account, so that between me and my 2 brothers we get 4 houses total, or does it have to do with ip creation?

Havok-hybrid

Sorceror

Ryan;1421993 said:
We will be applying Publish 75 to the server this morning at approximately 1:00 AM EST (GMT -5).
  • Various server side optimizations for performance.
  • Various patches for the improvement of the new PlayUO client.
  • Murderers will no longer be able to purchase items from vendors in guarded towns.
  • Murderers will no longer be able to use banks in guarded towns.
  • Starting Sunday May 13th, we will begin speeding up house decay to 14 days from the current decay period of 24 days. This process will run over time and complete on June 1st.
  • Additionally beginning on June 1st we will be enforcing 4 houses per IP address. Anyone found owning more than 4 houses will have them randomly deleted down to the limit. If you currently own more than 4 houses you would be wise to dispose of them or give them to a new player during this grace period to avoid losing them.
As we do with any publish we will be watching this publish very closely to ensure there are no adverse effects. In the event you find any issues with this publish please feel free to page in game and let us know.

We appreciate your continued support of UO Gamers.

Thanks,
Ryan

so do you have some sort of time frame on which the new playuo client will actually be released to the public ?

ploki

Knight

How is the ip caclulated, because i've logged on at my friend's house and he's logged on at my house.. so both of our accounts have 2 ip's on it.. does this mean that between the both of us.. all of our houses might get deleted considering we both technically have 2 ip addy's on our accounts that add up to more than 4 houses?

Mark

Knight

JamesD88;1422002 said:
interesting moves. How will the IDOC times be affected? still 28-30 hours for IDOCs to fall?

A house is IDOC when 5% or less of the total time remains until collapse.

Thus, IDOC times will gradually move from 28.8 hours tonight (5% of 24 days) to 16.8 hours (5% of 14 days) on June 1st.

For example, sometime around the 21st houses will decay in 19 days and a house will remain IDOC for 22.8 hours (all rough math).

DiegoWagno

Wanderer

my brother and i have same ip... i have 2 accs and he has 3 but he uses just 2 and we are waiting to the other to be deleted but it takes 90 days AND my girlfriend sometimes plays here at my house... SO if she logs here we r going to get one of the 5 accs deleted... she has 1 acc

MarcusO

Sorceror

I applaud your attempt to free up more housing spots on the server. It's a great move.

But I'm not sure how you enforce 4 houses per IP, especially with some cable modems (like folks in Canada that I know) getting a new IP every week. I thought the rule was one house per account, and 4 accounts max?

Seems like a better solution would be to *try* and enforce the 4 "accounts" per IP limit, but perhaps that's what your suggesting. Even with the folks switching IPs, it's going to be real clear how many accounts they're logging into. Can you create a hash table sorted by IP, then list the accounts that the IP logged into? Sounds like a lot of work, but it could be effective in the long run.

Best of luck...

radheedans

Wanderer

yeah my cousin logs onto my account from time to time if my houses fall im going to be upset. i own 2. one for living one for vendors :(

Mark

Knight

The 4 house per IP rule will be manually enforced by Krrios or myself. It is not an automated system. We understand all the limitations of IP addresses. We know they change and we know they are shared.

The 'moral limit' is one or two houses per person. We are making the rule 4 to account for roommates, friends, and other extenuating circumstances.

You won't get blasted off the face of the earth for having 5 houses, at least not immediately. We are going after house farmers first and foremost.

MarcusO

Sorceror

DiegoWagno;1422040 said:
my brother and i have same ip... i have 2 accs and he has 3 but he uses just 2 and we are waiting to the other to be deleted but it takes 90 days AND my girlfriend sometimes plays here at my house... SO if she logs here we r going to get one of the 5 accs deleted... she has 1 acc

It sounds like you are behind a NAT router, but at some point your cable modem got a new IP, otherwise you never would have been able to create the 5th account.

My son has two and I have two, but we've made sure to keep it at 4, even though we would like more chars. It would be great to have an Account Donation Item, whereby you could buy extra accounts...perhaps after this housing cleanup...

DiegoWagno

Wanderer

yeah cause me and my brother we have same ip and we can have each 2 accs.... that sux cause lot guys have 4... if we restrict to 4 accs online per ip would be better!... and my girlfriend that play sometimes at my house...?? will she be able to play here or should i have to get a new ip everytime she comes to my house???