UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Proposed changes to housing ruleset:

Do you like these proposed changes to housing?

• Yes

Votes: 63 38.0%
  • No

Votes: 103 62.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 on it

Wanderer
Re: Proposed changes to housing ruleset:

Sigler said:
I like the way things are now... not that many people house hide

LOL go to any pvp spot where houses are (bucs, brit gy) and then post again k thx.

bballerjess

Wanderer

i think this problem is very complicated and a difficult one to solve. Maybe you could track how many times people ban things from their house and if they are abusing it, revoke their ability to ban people. When they are in a combative state. But thats too complicated too. This problem blows.

LiquifiedArt

Wanderer

NO, Overall it needs to be thought out better, 1a) is proably the only viable one, and if anything it should be if a player is in COmbat just the same as u cant recall during combat... But not for all criminals, all reds, all factions, and all warring guilds, and all friends/coowns who meet that criteria... Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.. and unfair.

J

juggalinninja

I think taking away banning for combative players is not a good idea for the fact that what if your red and a new rez, someone attacks you and the only way you can survive is if you run in your house and ban them while you equip your pvp supplies. If you red you would not be able to, correct?

Phyrex

Page

Oriel-hybrid said:
And what penaltie does this give to the Murderer? My main character is Red, but not a random PK. I'm red because it's a part of my Role. I'm a Roleplayer, not a factioneer.

Can't vote without proper information. Or information I understand :).

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

ANiceUoPlayer said:
NO, Overall it needs to be thought out better, 1a) is proably the only viable one, and if anything it should be if a player is in COmbat just the same as u cant recall during combat... But not for all criminals, all reds, all factions, and all warring guilds, and all friends/coowns who meet that criteria... Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.. and unfair.

Actually this has been thought out pretty well.

I've yet to hear a single reason I consider valid as to why its bad.

el_hefe

Wanderer

I highly disagree with these changes. The point of having a house is for storage, a logout area, and a safe haven for your characters. What is the point of having the house as a safe haven if anyone can come in and attack you and you can't ban them? The real point of this is just because people use their houses to pvp. If someone is stupid enough to follow someone out to their house and get theirself banned and continue to try to pvp there then they deserve to be banned and killed. As someone mentioned earlier... What if you are trying to restock your house and like 5 people are hiding in there and PK you. It's not like you can ban them. If you want trammel then just add the facet.

peter_mc

Wanderer

Ryan said:
Actually this has been thought out pretty well.

I've yet to hear a single reason I consider valid as to why its bad.

what if you are outnumbered 6-1?

just submit and let them kill you?
this is the final blow to the solo pk

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

el_hefe said:
I highly disagree with these changes. The point of having a house is for storage, a logout area, and a safe haven for your characters. What is the point of having the house as a safe haven if anyone can come in and attack you and you can't ban them? The real point of this is just because people use their houses to pvp. If someone is stupid enough to follow someone out to their house and get theirself banned and continue to try to pvp there then they deserve to be banned and killed. As someone mentioned earlier... What if you are trying to restock your house and like 5 people are hiding in there and PK you. It's not like you can ban them. If you want trammel then just add the facet.

This is the complete opposite of trammel.

You're asking for Trammel by having a safe haven in your house.

Thanks though.

el_hefe

Wanderer

You're asking for Trammel by having a safe haven in your house.

I am asking to keep felucca the way it is. I'm not asking to screw reds, factions, and everyone but blues. Whats the reason for this anyway?

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

el_hefe said:
I've yet to hear a single reason why it's good.

Puts a major curb on house fighting.

"I've yet to hear a single reason I consider valid as to why its bad."

Its bad because no one likes the proposal... Shouldnt support house sittin. House hiding is ones choice to be a weiner and it is the attackers choice to sit there and try to kill them or be killed via someone fighting from a house. I see no real problem here. If you cant kill them by time they run in their house oh well, its same as not killing a blue before he gets to guard zone. This is one thing that doesnt need nerfed. Its un needed!

Cuds

Wanderer

i wouldnt say nobody likes it, the vote is pretty dead even.

id say that if the vote is that close the change kinda needs to be discussed and modified until we can get a more decisive vote.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

plague_spores-hybrid said:
"I've yet to hear a single reason I consider valid as to why its bad."

Its bad because no one likes the proposal... Shouldnt support house sittin. House hiding is ones choice to be a weiner and it is the attackers choice to sit there and try to kill them or be killed via someone fighting from a house. I see no real problem here. If you cant kill them by time they run in their house oh well, its same as not killing a blue before he gets to guard zone. This is one thing that doesnt need nerfed. Its un needed!

Actually its pretty much 50/50 you're wrong.

el_hefe

Wanderer

This is one thing that doesnt need nerfed. Its un needed!

Very well put.

Puts a major curb on house fighting.

While you are putting a major curb on that. Lets put a curb on the blues. If they go out of town for more than, oh say... 5 minutes. They become attackable by reds. How bout it?

Status
Not open for further replies.