UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Petition to Limit MusclyBarbarian's Use of Graphic Mods

Should staff intervene on behalf of this egregious use of graphic mods in the case of MB?

• Absolutely.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • ...probably.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I guess it doesn't matter... to me, anyway.

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

el pepino

Sorceror
you can't seriously think they're going to try and stop a guy from posting videos on youtube just because he has his nick + the shard name as the name of the youtube channel, right?
right?
because that would be retarded xD

edit: changed quoted text color to green, for the authentic feel

Absolutely not. That isn't the issue. The issue is the misrepresentation of the server as a whole.
They might simply take into account that people are actively turning away from Demise because of their interpretation of what they see (content wise) in these videos.
One of the major issues people have with "free servers" is their legitimacy as far as staying as true to the OSI version of the game graphic and content wise as possible.
These videos give a gross misrepresentation of the graphical content provided by the RunUO Demise server.

A personal response to your comment though: Viva la Freedom of Speech

However people have been sued and otherwise smited for being too free with their speech when it's directly linked to someone else's personal or business interests. :cool:

Bile

Knight
Demise was a piece of crap?

It depends how you look at it. If you ask me if such is the case, I'd happily respond; yes. This is my own opinion, which is based off the people I've interacted with. Since I typically play in Felucca 90% of the time, I'm assuming that others in said facet are honestly in search for the same thing I am. Though, this never tends to be the case - I've had every excuse thrown into my face to why an opponent will not fight me. No, I'm not talking about those people in a spawn, on foot looking to gather loot. I'm talking about the decked-out, nightmare riding verbal abuse spilling player on the open battlefield. No matter how much I've downgraded my play style and templates, there is always an excuse, which typically ends in a huge gank buzzing around me like houseflies. although, when I play alternates they feel the desire to try to 1v1 me, which is the only way I can get a fight out of the shit talking cowards. its funny to see them dead in their own pool of sadness

Pussies like me? You can start riding Bile's privates again.

You must give off the foul stench. You are quite mistaken. You aren't the first, second, nor the hundredth person to suggest such activities and be oh so very wrong in assuming. I'm sorry to ask, but can you list situations in which one is actually riding my privates? Wait, you can't. (insert virgin joke here)

Anyone who actually cared for any kind of old school UO feel would think that those client mods look like shit.

Where is Ehren, I miss Ehren.

I think embedded videos in signatures are stupid.

It's quite obnoxious, but, welcome to Demise.

Your video was a pop shot at Demise due to the fact you where no longer able to play on it.

You are quite correct, but it only surfaced after unjust bans and deletion of the entirety of his brothers wealth, even though they hadn't played in months (see the Phelon case). believe me, like Xeres said, the corruption wont stop, hell, the people who applied for staff this time and will most likely get the position have bought and sold items for rl cash, the jerking wont stop

Lucifall

Knight
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=UO gamers demise&sm=3

Almost all videos have modded clients in it. Why is this thread being pointed directly at MB, then?

If a guy judges a whole server based on the video of a single person, I doubt that's the kind of player we want here.

The RunUO in his name is hardly reason for this. If you look for UO Gamers Hybrid, you will see a couple of XXX Hybrid. That hardly qualifies as a reason to consider the guy a member of Hybrid's staff or the channel as belonging to said staff or being the server's official channel.

el pepino

Sorceror
One day you might learn to quit while you're behind. I doubt it but hey, anything's possible.

LoL? :cool:

I got you so mad you are literally posting nonsense with random italics and everything, just to have the last word in.... Priceless!

Whatever98

Squire
would this make him remove the mods, or stop making the videos though...?

really the solution is for more people to upload videos. i dont think it's right to single mb out for using a modded client just because he can be arsed to make videos, it's not like it's his job to make them or anything, he just does it for the fun, and if it becomes an inconvenience he might well stop doing it...

problem would be better solved if mb posted in description that he uses client side graphics mods and that they are allowed/optional on demise. then there should be more videos up of unmodded clients. mb's videos shouldn't really be the first hits on YT if you're concerned about advertisement.. and they definitely shouldn't be the only ones.

but at the end of the day it's better than nothing

el pepino

Sorceror
it's not like it's his job to make them or anything, he just does it for the fun, and if it becomes an inconvenience he might well stop doing it...

Indeed it is not his job to represent the server. Great point.
Also the threat isn't so great as you also stated.
My single video has more hits on it than all of his combined... However I have had to convince UO players from other UO communities that these are not "Demise" graphic but "Muscly" graphics which is the problem.
Your suggestion for him to openly post that what they see are his client customizations and not the servers graphics would be a great solution.

Blesh Terra

Sorceror