UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Petition to Limit MusclyBarbarian's Use of Graphic Mods

Should staff intervene on behalf of this egregious use of graphic mods in the case of MB?

• Absolutely.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • ...probably.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I guess it doesn't matter... to me, anyway.

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
Good evening fair citizens of Demise, honored staff, and guests to the shard who may be reading this:

We all know that MusclyBarbarian is a prolific recorder of in-game video and that he often posts these videos online, as well as links to them in this forum. In fact, he posts these videos under the YouTube moniker "MB RunUO Demise". And that is the problem, or at least part of it.

These videos are (presumably) meant to show Demise in the most positive light possible. And while I commend him for his efforts and wish him nothing but the best in his future video editing career, I'm sure that I am not the only one who has noticed his in-game visuals do not look anything like my own. In fact, they look atrocious. His in-game graphics look nothing like the UO that Demise truly consists of. I am personally worried that travelers of the internet who are in the market for a post-AOS Ultima Online server to play on may stumble upon his videos and be immediately turned off by what appear to be giant partially-visible titans roaming the screen. There are no ethereal titans in place of wraith-form players on Demise. There are no strange tiles taking the place of field spells. There ARE trees in Felucca, though leaves they have not. And the server most assuredly does not tell you "Cha-Ching!" when you have slayed someone in battle.

This is an official petition to ask the staff to intervene in the case of MusclyBarbarian and ask him to either cease and desist posting these videos under a YouTube name associated with RunUO's glorious Demise server, or to remove said graphic mods from his client forthwith, so as not to further sully the good reputation of this server that we all love so dearly.

Signed,

Rayth

el pepino

Sorceror
Quote of a player from anonymous UO server:

"You play on Demise? Isn't that the horribly customized AOS server I saw on YouTube? You couldn't pay me to play that Frankenstein UO client"

After explaining that the videos he/she had seen on YouTube were an individuals graphic mod not the servers default graphics I was able to persuade them to come try Demise.
However if I had not been there to defend Demise against this person's opinion formed by Muscly's videos, then I have no doubt they would have passed the server by without a second thought.

Celes

Sorceror

"You play on Demise? Isn't that the horribly customized AOS server I saw on YouTube? You couldn't pay me to play that Frankenstein UO client"

After explaining that the videos he/she had seen on YouTube were an individuals graphic mod not the servers default graphics I was able to persuade them to come try Demise.
However if I had not been there to defend Demise against this person's opinion formed by Muscly's videos, then I have no doubt they would have passed the server by without a second thought.

Was this before or after you trash talked about the server and told everyone Demise was a piece of crap? LOL.

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
The rules are clear on allowing client modification. Bile's videos have modded art as well, and they have the same purpose as MB's: spread the word about Demise.

Why would staff intervene?

Bile posts his videos under a non-server affiliated name. MB, however, posts his under "MB RunUO Demise". There's a difference.

mytilus

Sorceror

Says the poster child for positive demise youtube propaganda.... you're a joke :cool:

Lucifall

Knight
Last I remember, you used to have videos where you did everything in your power to berate Demise. What's with the sudden worry over this?

mytilus

Sorceror
Guess what? any server is crap, it's 2014 and most servers deal with pussies like you.
Guess what? any server is crap, it's 2014 and most servers deal with pussies like you.

OP is trying to draw some very vague reference that MB youtube videos reflect badly on demise and here is your own guildmate openly bashing all servers right in this thread... Lets do us all a favor and skip 10 pages of worthless bs and send this directly to LL

ZachM1

Sorceror
Anyone who actually cared for any kind of old school UO feel would think that those client mods look like shit lol. That looks worse than sphere servers back in the day, and thats saying something.