UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New to shard, help with a PvP dexxer..

exo420

Wanderer
Re: New to shard, help with a PvP dexxer..

Thanks man.

So the closer you get to 700 skillcap, the harder it is to gain skills?

Monoxide

Sorceror

Suil Ban said:
It's just that people aren't going to stand still while fighting the dexxer, so the alchy will throw pots to do damage to person he's fighting as he chases them.
I've fought alchy mages and many of them did the same thing. If anything I moved more to avoid the pots.

I'm looking forward to fighting another alchy mage cause I'm going to stay close and poison him with my new nox mage. He'll be running to toss his pots and to avoid higher levels of poison.

Lesabre

Sorceror

Xaelian said:
Holy crap, do people not understand YOU DON'T NEED ALCHY TO THROW PURPLE POTS! Who cares it's just 10% more damage with purple pots. Go with inscription and use pots as well! No alchy still does 15-25 damage, that's still good. Who cares if it doesn't do 25-30 damage, big woop.

Also, I would suggest geting up magery and med and then doing inscription. They made mule skills harder raise, and even thought insciprtion is used in PvP, it's still a mule skill. So get it out of the way as soon as possible, because the closer you get to 700 skill cap, the harder the skill get!

It's capable of 10 hp more damage per hit, which is a big difference.

do not use inscribe, meditation instead still reflects a explode eb. Inscribe does nothing more.

CowboyP

Wanderer

unrequited love said:
do not use inscribe, meditation instead still reflects a explode eb. Inscribe does nothing more.

Inscribe does WAY more. You can easily survive a gank with reflection with GM inscribe. If you dont gm it, and only have gm mage, you can only reflect one eb or exp, not a combo of the two.

Also, I forgot to tell ya that you should also keep med and int at 100 for gming resist. Just cast mana vamp on yourslef.

Lesabre

Sorceror

If anyone is like me and carries two mana drain wands, it's not a problem.

CowboyP

Wanderer

Yeah, after a buttload of tried, by then you've pretty muched owned the guy using it.

CowboyP

Wanderer

The wands and even the spell dont really do jack to you. It's just a way to break reflect and it takes forever if you have gm inscription. If they cast it, it really doesn't affect thier mana by much.

Lesabre

Sorceror

CowboyP said:
The wands and even the spell dont really do jack to you. It's just a way to break reflect and it takes forever if you have gm inscription. If they cast it, it really doesn't affect thier mana by much.

Takes 4 mana drains for a scribe I believe, plus you can use wands on the run so you won't be getting hit at all.

Edit: They also use little to no mana. So yes, anytime I run into a scribe I usually laugh at their wasted 100 skill points.

CowboyP

Wanderer

I'm pretty sure it takes more than 4. The last time I fought someone who tried that tactic got killed before my reflect was off

CowboyP said:
Inscribe does WAY more. You can easily survive a gank with reflection with GM inscribe. If you dont gm it, and only have gm mage, you can only reflect one eb or exp, not a combo of the two.

Also, I forgot to tell ya that you should also keep med and int at 100 for gming resist. Just cast mana vamp on yourslef.

Magery and Insription = 12 circles
Magery and Med = 8 Circles

That is an Explode and an EB to take off both.

Lesabre

Sorceror

CowboyP said:
I'm pretty sure it takes more than 4. The last time I fought someone who tried that tactic got killed before my reflect was off

Mana drain 4th level spell:

4*4 = 16

johny[nad] said:
Takes 4 mana drains for a scribe I believe, plus you can use wands on the run so you won't be getting hit at all.

Edit: They also use little to no mana. So yes, anytime I run into a scribe I usually laugh at their wasted 100 skill points.

Ever fought me, sir?

Keep thinking that then.

CowboyP

Wanderer

unrequited love said:
Magery and Insription = 12 circles
Magery and Med = 8 Circles

That is an Explode and an EB to take off both.

I'll have to find it but I believe that Magery and Inscription is 13 circles.

With Magery and Med at 8 (which I think is 7) thats still only means that you can reflect one of the two. So you would reflect the Explode but not the EB and if they cast paralize on you first you would reflect that and then you wouldn't reflect any of the Exp or EB at all after that.

Lesabre

Sorceror

Twisted Arm said:
Ever fought me, sir?

Keep thinking that then.

I will keep thinking that. It's funny when people rely on scribe to win fights.

And cowboy no scribe is 8 with scribe is 15.

CowboyP

Wanderer

Yeah, I just found that and was gonna post it. But that still proves my point that if you only have Mage with no scribe that you can not reflect Exp AND EB.