UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New player to the shard

tordiz

Sorceror
New player to the shard

Hello all,
Have heard many good things about this server, and am finally starting to play it. I stumbled across the GM Tamer in 2-day post, and found this interesting. Currently working on my skills now. Looking for any advice or help, thanks.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Re: New player to the shard

Get a runebook, and setup a recall macro, and expect to be killed and griefed ;)

I you accept these things you will love this server.

Welcome to hybrid :D

tordiz

Sorceror

Thanks for the encouraging? words.. hehe, being killed doesnt bother me, atleast not yet. Have to wait a bit for a runebook, starting with 1k gold, than dying and losing it, didnt help. How do you recommend I raise my stats?

aemneuspeed

Knight

if your training your character your stats will raise as your train your skills, I just finished gm taming/lore then music/ peace and my stats actually came out to 100 str, 100 int, 25 dex, but stats are easiest to raise when you have your 700 skill points used, that way you can just use the skill but not gain any points in it, but you still will gain stats.

tonkatsu

Wanderer

tame/lore/vet took me 3-4 days with less than 3 hours a day working on tame then macroed the crap out of lore/vet overnight.

there are also some decent pks out there that will offer a ress and recall regs to get refilled for his next kill.

To raise stats you must focus on getting 700 real skill points. Once there you need to set the stats you want to raise lock all skills except one have one set down to collect 10 pts.

(note: These should remain at 0 if buying skill or training misc skills for the 700 pts)

SS (Spirit Speek) is good for int.

arms lore is good for str.

Music is good for dex.

now train one of these to 10 pts and lock the rest of your skills. like say your doing str/int.

You would train armslore (str)to 10 and then set that to lower then set SS to raise. go back and fourth. stats will gain fast can be done in less than an hour if you record a macro in Razor. This is an old system called the stat yoyo. but you got to remember to make sure your skills are locked that you dont need to use atm. you dont want to take any skill points from anything but the other stat skill. Good luck

tordiz

Sorceror

Thanks for the welcomes, and useful information, still raising taming, currently at 59.0show real, even though it says 62.6 without show real checked. not really sure why. hehe

MadeInQuebec

tordiz;1729747 said:
Thanks for the welcomes, and useful information, still raising taming, currently at 59.0show real, even though it says 62.6 without show real checked. not really sure why. hehe

Many skills has stats modifier, which means that depending on your stats, you will get an increase in the skill value.

As you raise your skills, the show real will slowly get closer and closer to the "not show real"

tordiz

Sorceror

Leper thanks for the stat guide, will raise skills that i need before doing that..
Quebec, thanks for clarifying that up for me. Was kinda strange to me hehe.
Thanks again to all the help!

aemneuspeed

Knight

it took me about 2 or so days, working a few hours to gm taming, lore took about 20 mins max. Also you do not have to use the see saw method in order to gain your stats (raising/lowering 10 pts of skills) if you are 7x gm (all 700 points used) then just try using the skill that will help you gain that stat (use snoop to gain dex, music/item id for int, amrs lore/ str) and you will get gains in that stat without having to actually train the skill.

I would use Snoop - dex ( you will lose a little karma, but you can gain that back)
Spirit Speak- int
Arms Lore - str (cant think of any other ones that work great/fast at the moment)

tordiz

Sorceror

Wanted to give the people who have been helping me an update. Still working taming and have finally hit 90.2! almost there, okay so not really, but my fingers are hurting. lol

aemneuspeed

Knight

not doing bad at all, i just stayed with bulls/great harts/frenzied ostards until gm.

You'll get there man, congratulations!

tordiz

Sorceror

well i finally hit gm animaltaming, off to train magery/med/resist! fun fun..any advice on what to cast? fireball is what the guide im using says, but having to stop to heal too much. hehe

MadeInQuebec

Mana Drain until it stops gaining
Invisibility until 66.1 magery
Mana Vampire until gm.

This will take care of magery, medit and resist all at once.

Make sure to lock Evaluate intelligence for the time being even if you plan on having it.

tordiz

Sorceror

Quebec, thanks for that guide, ive been casting ebolt instead of invis, for them few extra resist gains, prolly not the best reg wise, but whatever works, ill find a way to make gold for regs, haha.how long will it take to gm mage with mana vamp? ive already gm'ed my meditation, lol. and eval has been locked since the start, atleast for now, guessing that and lore as last things to raise?

aemneuspeed

Knight

yes, lore/eval int, are easy to raise and will gain quick so i would hold off until the end for those 2.

tordiz

Sorceror

Well hit gm mage,med, and 88.0 resist, have a question. Should i continue macroing resist to gm? Regs are killing me.

tonkatsu

Wanderer

if u want gm resist...YES. do it now. i didnt on my tamer and im stuck at 90.9 forever. ive even tried macroing it after 6xgm and no gains.

not sure where u r taming. but check out the trinsic peninsula. bulls r ur best friend.