UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Duel Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Duel Rules.

Zippy;1562588 said:
1) The "Observers" Number on the Duel Pit gate is always going to be 0, because that is the number of people in the safe zone (which no longer exists).

2) I'm sorry that it has to be this way, but the safe zones were being abused by trammelites. Just now when we dropped them we had someone page in complaining that there wasn't enough warning and her whole guild got killed. How? They were all sitting in the duel pit while a rival guild was waiting for them outside of the SZ. When the SZ dropped they all came in. This is a poster child example of what was wrong with the safezones.

3) This is a trial. If it doesn't work well then it may be changed again. Advent and I thought this system was worth a shot.

You can still hang out near the duel pits looking for fights, but just like every other place on the shard you shouldn't assume that you are 100% safe all the time. If you can't handle the slightest chance of being attacked, then yes you will have to look for duels in town. I don't really see how that is a problem.

I don't like it. Please change it back. Dueling is one of the main things I do on this shard (oliVeR). I think it should be changed back to how it was before when del pond was there with the poker table etc. Very populated and not all AFKers either. Now I can't find anyone to duel even. The factioners have all over to pvp and the PKS have their spots too. Please let the duelers have theirs!

i say remove them all and make ppl duel the old fashioned way (wrong/farms)

it would solve the problem off all the bitching

Flankton

Wanderer

FLICK-hybrid;1563421 said:
i say remove them all and make ppl duel the old fashioned way (wrong/farms)

it would solve the problem off all the bitching

Do you even PvP? What's your characters name? Nobody on this server is going to respect consensual dueling. The old Del Pond was a huge contributor to what made UOGamers great; poker tables and all. I posted my reasons for wanting the pits back in full swing, now please, post your reasons as to why you want them gone completely.

Bwise

Wanderer

Bring back del pond. shits leet,its fun to talk mad shit. every guild gathered and we would always have 5v6v4v8 fights every fucking day. Back when Ab, SS, Rage Nsync , one love.. and all the old fun guild used to play as a whole. Del pond was fucking awesome imo.

Zippy

Razor Creator

Stides;1563251 said:
yea it would be great logic to poll the real people this affects dont you think?? Instead of some random forum trolls who are pissed off they got owned??

Cant see the logic in that?

My logic is not too flawed..

I already said in this thread those numbers are meaningless. They count the number of people in the safe zone, since no one is in the zone, the number is 0.

Legbone

Wanderer

Zippy;1563439 said:
I already said in this thread those numbers are meaningless. They count the number of people in the safe zone, since no one is in the zone, the number is 0.

Just another point... you and advent talk about "factioners" and "reds" as field pvp char, they should have sperate characters for dueling. What about the people who don't have the resources to have unlimited characters for each and every facet of pvp? If they wish to participate in alcky duels, they should make a blue alcky and not use thier faction alcky that is already complete? PvP characters of any type are expensive to make. From training resist, magery and whatever else they wish to have on thier template. Through your words, you talk as if it was a crime for someone to use one toon to both faction and duel, and this view is wrong imo.

Stides40oz

Knight

Zippy;1563439 said:

i thought u might of come back at me with that after i circled the wrong part of the picture. But i thought you would notice that the place that says people dueling is empty as well.

Also i believe it will say 2 when people are dueling.

Body line is there is nobody dueling.

daddytouchedme

Sorceror

WOw Wut ever Tickles there mofoing pickle i mean shit does kinda suck but thats wut the pb Gets for abusing the safe Zones lol ......

Flankton;1563434 said:
Do you even PvP? What's your characters name? Nobody on this server is going to respect consensual dueling. The old Del Pond was a huge contributor to what made UOGamers great; poker tables and all. I posted my reasons for wanting the pits back in full swing, now please, post your reasons as to why you want them gone completely.

yes i pvp and i duel

my reasoning is so ppl like u stop ur damn bitching

they are trying shit to see if it will work or not they said it might not stay this way but they wanna try it

Without complaints how will they know if it will work or not, opinions do matter in a situation like this. :(

Rexrexrex

Wanderer

i don't like it either because the "dueling community" or what have you suffers

should put them all somewhere else outside of the game world like in the green acres area where no player can normally go and then make them combat safe so nobody can really use them to hide from fights and it'll just be a duel/spectating area, then put gates to them somewhere in the game world

thats probably the best solution for everyone

who cares if people go afk in there then it's not really hurting anyone

Heavy Smoker;1563618 said:
Without complaints how will they know if it will work or not, opinions do matter in a situation like this. :(

do they really matter?

it up to them.... i think its great that a gm sat in a thread with ppl for a change and talked with us about it in the first place

i think its kick ass advent went and got a dev and made a change... it might work it might not

they already stated that they dont want it the way u all do

like i said its up to them and our opinions are just that, opinions

im just saying give it a try and see how it goes for a week or so see whats its all about

i was at the pits earlier on watching a fight and there were ppl standing around watching it and a few hiden here and there but ppl were watching

gaznox

Wanderer

And then 3 reds jumped in the gate (at Snowy Peak) and murdered the two spectators. At least thats what happened when I was watching the duel.

Advent

Wanderer

I just want you all to know that I've been reading your responses, and I've been putting a lot of thought into the duel system and since I can tell that a lot of the duelists are strongly opposed to the latest change, I want to say this - I'm trying to come up with a decent system where all sides can win. I've got a couple ideas, but as you know, these things take time to get presented to the proper people and a lot of thought must be put into the execution of these changes, I hope you all can bare with us and be patient.

I understand that the dueling system on hybrid is a very intricate machine and keeps Hybrid a popular server, but essentially what I want to accomplish is a couple of objectives:

1. I want to make sure that people don't abuse the duel pits as an opportunity to AFK without penalty. Most people would agree that AFK in town guards is pretty well benign and not hurting anything, but there are some things that separate AFK in town from AFK in a duel arena. My primary reasoning for this is that AFK in the duel pits is unconsequential to the person AFK. No harm can come of them in a safezone, not stealing, not attacking... just nothing. We are trying to promote a trammel-free shard. You do the math as to why AFK in safezones would upset people.

2. I want to promote the duel pits as an area that people can find 1v1, 2v2 fights, and spectate them in a safe manner (Which I am aware that the current system does not provide). Personally, I feel that dueling is a unique aspect of the game brought forth by our server. Just like miners want to play the game by collecting resources, Duelists should have the choice of whether or not they want to fully engage in free-range PVP at all times. I feel that dueling is a separate entity in comparison to the rest of the shard, and because this game allows for a diversity of the playerbase and leaves an infinite number of activities for players to engage in: It would be a crime to just say "Tough shit" to everyone who wants to engage in this aspect of Ultima Online. Dueling is an art, and I feel that you all should have full capacity to engage in your own personal playtime experience of this game, and I want nothing more than for you to engage this activity on our server.

3. I want to stop non-consequence "Predatory" attacks from within the duel pits. When there is a group of people sitting inside the duel pits just waiting for a potential target to walk by and jump them without being able to be targeted prior to the attack - I feel it gives the players camping the duel pits an unfair advantage. Part of PVP is a feeling of balance. It should be a contest of skill and not a test of who camped the pits first. Who among you would want to engage in a fight when you were not allowed the opportunity to strike first, Because that is what happens when people prep spells and rush out of the duel pits.

Like I said, I want to promote an environment of balance among the playerbase, fully enabling all of you to pursue whatever walk of "UO Life" that you desire. With that being said, I have taken your thoughts and comments into consideration and I really thank you for not turning this into another thread sent to trammel, and thanks again for your continued support of UO Gamers: Hybrid. I have some ideas brewing and developing currently, there are a few kinks yet to work out, but please be patient, because I am trying to create a win-win situation here to maximize the dueling experience with minimal possibility for abuse. Once these ideas become more substancial, you will know. Thanks again for your time and your maturity regarding this issue. Just please stay open minded and supportive. We are all a team developing a symbiotic relationship, and I like to see it when we act like that.

I really hope that you don't develop negative feelings towards Zippy and myself for trying something new. We are working very diligently to optimize your gaming experience here at UO Gamers: Hybrid.

Advent

Zippy

Razor Creator

Stides;1563455 said:
i thought u might of come back at me with that after i circled the wrong part of the picture. But i thought you would notice that the place that says people dueling is empty as well.

Also i believe it will say 2 when people are dueling.

Body line is there is nobody dueling.

You know when I went to take all the safe zones down no one was dueling at any pit either. Your argument is stupid because *often* even under the old safezones there just weren't that many people dueling (and thus showing me no on is dueling at one second at some time during the day is meaningless).

zippy people duel in the pits i still duel in the pits

advents right about the afk part

is a Combat restricted zone no diffrent. Like were you can not fight but you can get stolen from.

make a lil danger or make, Lot of scriptin proly, A 15 minute timer if you dont shwo activity then your kicked.. Idk throwing stuff out

8-ballcorner

Wanderer

and on the part about ppl loading up in sz to gank someone maybe make it so all you can precast in sz is like defensive spells no offensive spells

thus lowering the gank and still being able to get reflect up after duel or before leaving sz

just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.