UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Duel Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Duel Rules.

gaznox;1562573 said:
Uhhh... seriously. Nobody is at the duel pits now.

Cause theres no where to go afk besides their houses.

And besides their probably just restocking.

Zippy

Razor Creator

1) The "Observers" Number on the Duel Pit gate is always going to be 0, because that is the number of people in the safe zone (which no longer exists).

2) I'm sorry that it has to be this way, but the safe zones were being abused by trammelites. Just now when we dropped them we had someone page in complaining that there wasn't enough warning and her whole guild got killed. How? They were all sitting in the duel pit while a rival guild was waiting for them outside of the SZ. When the SZ dropped they all came in. This is a poster child example of what was wrong with the safezones.

3) This is a trial. If it doesn't work well then it may be changed again. Advent and I thought this system was worth a shot.

You can still hang out near the duel pits looking for fights, but just like every other place on the shard you shouldn't assume that you are 100% safe all the time. If you can't handle the slightest chance of being attacked, then yes you will have to look for duels in town. I don't really see how that is a problem.

gaznox

Wanderer

Well.. right now it seems like no reds are able to go there because they are getting jumped by factioners. Also, people are not going to be able to safely spectate because thieves and enemies can camp there now. I really dont want to sit in brit with all the spam looking for duels and right now there is nobody at the pits who want to duel.

edit: Just read Zippy's post. I guess well see how it works.

Tribal

Lord

Zippy;1562588 said:
2) Just now when we dropped them we had someone page in complaining that there wasn't enough warning and her whole guild got killed. How? They were all sitting in the duel pit while a rival guild was waiting for them outside of the SZ. When the SZ dropped they all came in.

yea zizzou does cry alot

DiMeThIcOnE

Sorceror

Zippy;1562596 said:
What, exactly, do you find confusing?

The majority of this shards pvp consists of gvg and pking. I dont see how the "duel pits" having safe zones interfiers with that in any way. Its such a small part of the map. There are many players that prefer the 1v1 aspect of the game. Now that pk guilds can sit and wait for a duel to end and just gank the players. Whats the point in the pits? Now come play me in Nuj Zip:)

Advent

Wanderer

You guys can sit around and look for duels anywhere you want, at WBB or otherwise. But even though the people hiding in the sand pit weren't hurting anything by doing so - why play on a server that holds a firm stance against trammel, or even go outside of town, for that matter... if you just want to sit in a safezone? It doesn't make sense.

The safezones were especially problematic because it prevented thieves, murderers, guilds at war with yours, opposing factions, and all other things that were restricted by their areas from taking place. You could sit there all day and have nothing bad happen to you at all. It was worse than bank-sitting, because people can at least townkill bank sitters.

This needed to change. The new system supports duelers by preventing them from getting ganked once they get popped outta the duel pit, and prevents people from idling in a safezone all day. If you all are concerned about where you will look for duels, why don't you just pick a location for duelist guilds and soloers to actively look for duels at, like WBB or EBB? Eventually all of the duelers will work it out and there will be a spot, but it does not need to be a safezone.

Tribal

Lord

DiMeThIcOnE;1562602 said:
The majority of this shards pvp consists of gvg and pking. I dont see how the "duel pits" having safe zones interfiers with that in any way. Its such a small part of the map. There are many players that prefer the 1v1 aspect of the game. Now that pk guilds can sit and wait for a duel to end and just gank the players. Whats the point in the pits? Now come play me in Nuj Zip:)

psh the duelpits were throwing off my lvl 8 tracking ne ways good riddens

Zippy

Razor Creator

DiMeThIcOnE;1562602 said:
Because so much of the shard is PvP, it is important to not have 100% safe places where people can go. You have a house, that is pretty safe, you have town, that is pretty safe, you do not need a 100% safe place to go.

The original intention of safe zones was to have a safe place where duelers could sit and watch duels and find people to duel. What ended up happening was the GvG population began to use the areas to hide from other groups and people used these areas to AFK. It was an all around bad situation.

The solution, for now, is to drop all of the safe zones at duel pits. BUT you will not be vulnerable after a duel. Wen your duel is over you will be taken to a safe area where you can gather up your stuff and recall away, or go in an arena gate and go back to where you were, or go in a public moongate and get to a town. This area is small, and the only way to get there is to finish a duel. There is no talking there, and there is nothing there except gates out. People caught AFK in there will be jailed. It keeps duelers safe, while getting rid of the abused safe zones.

I think it is a good solution, but time will tell.

gaznox

Wanderer

DiMeThIcOnE;1562592 said:
i dont understand the reasoning behinde this....

I believe the reasoning was what Zippy stated in 2.
Zippy;1562588 said:
2) I'm sorry that it has to be this way, but the safe zones were being abused by trammelites.

I just think it might really hurt dueling. He did say it was only a test, so we will find out soon enough.

gaznox

Wanderer

What would you say to making a 2 tile boarder around arenas guarded so people can spectate and if they happen to be afk or at war with a guild/faction they can get killed?

Tribal

Lord

gaznox;1562615 said:
What would you say to making a 2 tile boarder around arenas guarded so people can spectate and if they happen to be afk or at war with a guild/faction they can get killed?

nothing because that idea is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.