UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Duel Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stides40oz

Knight
Re: New Duel Rules.

The funniest thing about this is all the people who are applauding this are either no namers or people who run from fights on the field.

They are happy they wont have to recall to the sandpit and actually have to fight someone.

Poll this shit to the top #50 faction players (people that actually fight and play) and i guaranDAMNtee that the majority would want the duel pits back to what they used to be.

The people in the forums have no clue what the pvp is like here nor do they even participate.

Stides;1563125 said:
The funniest thing about this is all the people who are applauding this are either no namers or people who run from fights on the field.

They are happy they wont have to recall to the sandpit and actually have to fight someone.

Poll this shit to the top #50 faction players (people that actually fight and play) and i guaranDAMNtee that the majority would want the duel pits back to what they used to be.

The people in the forums have no clue what the pvp is like here nor do they even participate.

I agree with everything you've said, only the no namers think it's a good change.
War And Peace;1563103 said:
this is all fine an dandy but what about pks...

You are slowly fucking reds... Soon were not gonna have any banks wit the rate its going and finding duels in town.. Ya ima run in on my pk and challange plp i mean thats my opinion but reds shoudl be able to get in banks at least bc bucks crawls wit Factioneers

I also agree.

Zippy

Razor Creator

So, you want 50 arbitrarily chosen players to decide the rules for the whole shard? According to you, we already did that... so I guess they just weren't the 50 you wanted. Great argument. A+ logic, sir. We should just keep sampling 50 people at a time until they give the result you want?

Zippy;1563158 said:
So, you want 50 arbitrarily chosen players to decide the rules for the whole shard? According to you, we already did that... so I guess they just weren't the 50 you wanted. Great argument. A+ logic, sir. We should just keep sampling 50 people at a time until they give the result you want?

Pwned.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Advent;1563054 said:
Believe me, I don't like the SZ on the poker boat either, but right now we are working on the duel pits. Please stay focused for the time being. So you are saying that the most pressing concern is you all want a place for duelers to hang out, right? That's just what I'm getting out of this...

No you're not as the second a duel ends they need to recall away to avoid getting PK'd leaving no way to communicate.

Flankton

Wanderer

I feel that the removal of the dueling safe zones has a negative impact on the shard. I will enumerate my reasons:

1) Del Pond, when it was a safe zone, was a great place to find fights. Once a player was engaged in combat they could not enter the noncombat area and that was fine. When I wanted to find faction fights I would gather my crew and we would recall around Brittania looking for fights. We would check all towns, and all bases, and often we would come up empty handed. As a last resort we would recall to Delucia Pond, walk past the front steps, and immediately have 6 guys chasing us across T2A. This was a good thing
A centralized area to find fights is great. There's no problem with "people hiding in trammel pulling bars." Pulling bars is so inconsequential it's hard to articulate. I don't know why this is even an issue. All good callers switch targets to the lead mark or someone who seems like they're oblivious to the dump and won't offscreen, and thus most good players are "ninjaclicking" people anyways. The last time I was concerned about pulling bars was 2001, on OSI. Razor can set last target, and hue the aforementioned target; bars are not an issue.
Many of the people who would run out of Del Pond to attack my squad wouldn't be in factions without safe zones. Many UOG:Hybrid players have no real experience in a world without them, and don't know how to find fights otherwise. Those of us who were active PvPers on either OSI or other Freeshards know what do to: Check towns. Dispurse and recall around, when a fight is found call the cutoff and everyone recalls in. This is not a big deal; but many UOG PvP guilds don't know how to do this, or aren't experienced enough to be proficient. The duel pit allowed these players a way to find a field fight; without they simple wouldn't PvP. I'll take lackluster PvPers over NO PvPers any day of the week.

2) Del Pond / Safezones were good places to hang out. No shit! I actually talked to people. Sitting around watching duels and shooting the shit with other duelers or spectators really enhanced my UOG experience. These zones really contributed to the community on UOG. I have actually made e-friends thanks to the safe zones; and that's a really big deal.

3) Without spectators dueling is tons less fun. It's a great feeling when you rock somebody with Flamestrike with 20 people watching. "yea, that's right, I had 40 mana to blow on a redlined guy, I basically own."

4) People didn't get ganked coming out of duels in the first place. This reason for removing the safezones altogether wasn't researched at all. Thanks to the [changearenapreferences or whatnot command Duelers changed their list of available arenas to the safezoned ones. A few weeks after the initial change, no one, and I mean no one, was getting ganked upon duel completion.

In summation, Delucia Pond was really amazing. Dueling in the pits back in the day was so fun. Tons of people would spec your duels, there were all sorts of duels happening all the time, and when your duel was in Delucia Pond it was like "oh shit, im on center stage." Dueling at Del Pond was like being in the finals of a tourney, you're there with 50 people watching you, talking shit about you, and complimenting you all at the same time. It was a truly magical phenomenon that really contributed to making this server great.
I know this server is anti trammel, and hell, I'm anti trammel. On a previous server I GM'd a massive PK guild and slaughtered people relentlessly; but I gotta say, the duel pits were great, and their removal is a real detriment to the shard.

Bwise

Wanderer

Instead of taking the duel pits away so gms can just jump on the dream team dick (or maybe they jump on yours) and kill everyone with mares while they are afk, Make one fucking safe zone duel pit, where ther is no exit to the main map. And fucking put in dueling wagers, like a trade window where you can put up items for the winner of the duel. Make duels something to watch. every duel would be its own event. As it is factions are pretty fucking dead due to only one big guild consistantly playing.since i started this shard three years ago ive come to know that gms cant make up their fucking minds on anything. Do something and stick with it. In this case be ready to ruin a whole population of 5xers.

Kingllama

Knight

k i'm tired of it please change it back thought it was cool at first but now i get stupid fucking reds camping it

Endless Darc

Wanderer

I take back what I previously said, this new system sucks dick. I go to a duel arena where two people are dueling, I figure perhaps I can duel one of them afterwards,...Thats not the case I get there and Mico's noob ass is sitting there with two mares while he explo ebolt all kill you....
This is the stupidest fuckin change uog has put into effect yet, I rather have factioners go afk in pits while im fighting them go try to find a duel and get ganked. Fuckin retarded.

So in other words I guess we are promoting the "gank" now

Stides40oz

Knight

Zippy;1563158 said:

yea it would be great logic to poll the real people this affects dont you think?? Instead of some random forum trolls who are pissed off they got owned??

Cant see the logic in that?

My logic is not too flawed..

I'm glad people are actually starting to realize how bad of a mistake it was.

Flankton;1563169 said:
I feel that the removal of the dueling safe zones has a negative impact on the shard. I will enumerate my reasons:

1) Del Pond, when it was a safe zone, was a great place to find fights. Once a player was engaged in combat they could not enter the noncombat area and that was fine. When I wanted to find faction fights I would gather my crew and we would recall around Brittania looking for fights. We would check all towns, and all bases, and often we would come up empty handed. As a last resort we would recall to Delucia Pond, walk past the front steps, and immediately have 6 guys chasing us across T2A. This was a good thing
A centralized area to find fights is great. There's no problem with "people hiding in trammel pulling bars." Pulling bars is so inconsequential it's hard to articulate. I don't know why this is even an issue. All good callers switch targets to the lead mark or someone who seems like they're oblivious to the dump and won't offscreen, and thus most good players are "ninjaclicking" people anyways. The last time I was concerned about pulling bars was 2001, on OSI. Razor can set last target, and hue the aforementioned target; bars are not an issue.
Many of the people who would run out of Del Pond to attack my squad wouldn't be in factions without safe zones. Many UOG:Hybrid players have no real experience in a world without them, and don't know how to find fights otherwise. Those of us who were active PvPers on either OSI or other Freeshards know what do to: Check towns. Dispurse and recall around, when a fight is found call the cutoff and everyone recalls in. This is not a big deal; but many UOG PvP guilds don't know how to do this, or aren't experienced enough to be proficient. The duel pit allowed these players a way to find a field fight; without they simple wouldn't PvP. I'll take lackluster PvPers over NO PvPers any day of the week.

2) Del Pond / Safezones were good places to hang out. No shit! I actually talked to people. Sitting around watching duels and shooting the shit with other duelers or spectators really enhanced my UOG experience. These zones really contributed to the community on UOG. I have actually made e-friends thanks to the safe zones; and that's a really big deal.

3) Without spectators dueling is tons less fun. It's a great feeling when you rock somebody with Flamestrike with 20 people watching. "yea, that's right, I had 40 mana to blow on a redlined guy, I basically own."

4) People didn't get ganked coming out of duels in the first place. This reason for removing the safezones altogether wasn't researched at all. Thanks to the [changearenapreferences or whatnot command Duelers changed their list of available arenas to the safezoned ones. A few weeks after the initial change, no one, and I mean no one, was getting ganked upon duel completion.

In summation, Delucia Pond was really amazing. Dueling in the pits back in the day was so fun. Tons of people would spec your duels, there were all sorts of duels happening all the time, and when your duel was in Delucia Pond it was like "oh shit, im on center stage." Dueling at Del Pond was like being in the finals of a tourney, you're there with 50 people watching you, talking shit about you, and complimenting you all at the same time. It was a truly magical phenomenon that really contributed to making this server great.
I know this server is anti trammel, and hell, I'm anti trammel. On a previous server I GM'd a massive PK guild and slaughtered people relentlessly; but I gotta say, the duel pits were great, and their removal is a real detriment to the shard.

Amen, bring back Del Pond along with the others.

Endless Darc

Wanderer

I thought this shard was player based, heh sure seems like the GM's are changing things without reguards of the players think, I believe there is enough reasons here in this thread why it should be turned back to the way it used to be with all the pits having the safe zone, psh whats the point of dueling anymore

del pond was one of the few places i could go and meet plp considering i mostly only have reds bc i get pissed and kill someone

So pretty much yall Are X communication Pks from Say Blue factioneers or / Blue tamers / Stuff like that your slowly forming groups

Trammies
Factioners
Pks
Bank sitters

Instead of all on one player base no one can interact anymore this is yet again my opinion and flame me if you wish Zippy for i dont give a fuck anymore

Legbone

Wanderer

Zippy;1563158 said:

I think his point was, he wants the 50 players who faction and do fight in the field to have more of a say than the 500 people who banksit and run away at any confrentation on field.

Kingllama;1563220 said:
k i'm tired of it please change it back thought it was cool at first but now i get stupid fucking reds camping it

No one seen this coming, hence the reason I already asked if they could have at least made the pits guard zone :)

Mashenka

Wanderer

Stides;1563125 said:

factioners are gay and exploited the safe zones so of course theyll cry

Yeah there is no point to using the pits now imo. Sorry, but i will rather tell someone to meet me in some random location, its more safe than a duel at the pits now.

Stides;1563125 said:

you said something.... smart....:eek:

8-ballcorner

Wanderer

why dont someone start a poll

i wished the pits was back like it was before they changed del pond just put a boot system where if you are inactive for 20 to 30 mins you are booted out of safe zone

Status
Not open for further replies.