UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Network/Hardware Upgrade - September 20th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

smooth85

Sorceror
Your problem was likely legitimate... we found a bad route issue to Canada that was causing additional amounts of latency up of 100ms or more.

After the fix was put in place last night those round trip pings dropped to the mid 30's with your ping being about 31ms on a round trip. From Canada to Cincinnati and back that's pretty damn good now.

Test it again tonight.

Thanks,
Ryan

Awesome - thanks for looking into this and correcting! I'll see how it is later tonight. Regardless, glad to see you guys working hard and responding to this, much appreciated. Good to see you helping out us Canadian scum, eh?

smooth85

Sorceror
re-tested tonight, still pinging ~200 on average. oh well, i'm sure most people did benefit from the move, i'm just among the unlucky ones this time. :(

is there anything that i can do on my end? this isn't my area of expertise but i know it's not my connection or ISP, everything but hybrid is the same as usual.

Death To You

Sorceror
Got more laggier... From Australia... As disturb1 said might have to find another shard to pvp on... Shame theirs no shard like hyrbid :(.

Scarous

Sorceror
Same problem I'm having here. Every 5 or 6 steps I spike and stop for a second. Otherwise my ping stays around 60-70. In Arkansas BTW

Still entirely unplayable for pvp.
This is the absolute worst I have felt about my connection to the server in my entire 7 year span on and off uogamers. It was one thing when lag spikes were pretty bad but random, it's another when the server says 100 ping should lose a tile every five steps no matter what... fuck that.
See you tomorrow.

Lunarpancake

Sorceror
too laggy to play from NJ. Here are my ping/connection speed test results connecting to a cincinati (spelling) speedtest.net test server (I own a business and get business FIOS at home)

Status
Not open for further replies.