UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Miscellaneous changes

JackONeill

Wanderer
Re: Miscellaneous changes

It seems like an entirely pointless thing to add, there's not a gigantic rash of multiclienting thieves who abuse anything and it removes any logic to the thing. If someone stole your wallet and then got ran over by a car your wallet doesn't magically appear in your pocket again so why on earth would it happen in UO? (if anyone seriously tries to say "WELL MAGIC ISN'T IN REAL LIFE EITHER GUY LOL GAMES!!" you really don't get the point).

Perkis

Wanderer

Nobody said all of you had to like the changes...
The changes were put into effect because it is what the administrators deem as what makes the shard better. It's theirs, not yours. This sorta stuff happens when you play on a free shard; you don't really have much say. Besides, being a bank-theif is way too easy anyways; every other skill includes timing and patience and manueverage (sp?), so why not stealing?

Mara

Knight

Personally I think it is more realistic. Essentially the thief is being caught red-handed and brought to justice. Do they let thieves keep loot they deposited a second before they got nabbed in real life? No. If a thief dies in real life, do they ever have any chance of using or getting the loot they acquired? No. They are dead and out of luck. No passing it off to a friend until they are reincarnated. I'm mixed about the change, but it's not less realistic.

dabiri

Sorceror

it seems like what most people are complaining about is the auto return.
how about instead of this, give a ten second time window after a thief is guard whacked where only the person it was stolen from can loot. after that time, anyone can loot.

this way someone can pick up their item, multiclient looting wont be effective if the person is at their keyboard, and the bank sitters still have the risk of leaving things in their bag while they go get a taco or something.

Mara

Knight

Some great idea dabiri. I think there are a lot of ways to handle these issues, and Im sure if what they did here doesnt work out, they'll be changing it again until something works. No matter what they do, there is always someone who is going to get the short end of the stick due to their playstyle.

The loot should only be returned if the thief is killed when the victom is within a certain range. If you can bank your loot, it is because you didn't go criminal when you stole, and should be able to keep it. If you stole the item, go grey, and then get killed by the guards then sure, the item should be auto returned. With the system as is you have to wait 2 minutes to steal again, otherwise you will lose loot that you already banked.

Changing the system this way adresses all issues. Thieves feel less nerfed, players can't lose stuff to multi client thieves that get whacked, and if the owner of the item chases you down and kills you he can get the item (if the thief didn't bank it).

JackONeill

Wanderer

The majority of times when thieves die and have just stolen loot it's picked up by someone completely unrelated to both the victim and the thief, which is what happens in real life if the guy who picks up the item is a dick and let's face it most people who go on UOG are.

beelzebub

Knight

i just think its fucking pointless to be a theif on this shard anyway, there is no fun stealable items lol... oooh, boy, i get to steal another sword, maybe 200gold or a couple regs.....

i wanna be able to steal someones fucking livelihood!

let me steal their bank checks!!! and BODs!!!!

then theivery would be worthwhile.

FuryTrack

Wanderer

every other skill includes timing and patience and manueverage (sp?), so why not stealing?

Ever played a disarm thief? Tbh disarm thiefs require MUCH more timing than any other template i've tried..

Kuhldaran

Wanderer

Testamentx-hybrid said:
Looks like you have to wait 2 minutes after every steal to insure you don't lose the successful steals.

that fucking blows... huge nerf to thieves

Kuhldaran

Wanderer

bluntski said:
Nobody said all of you had to like the changes...
The changes were put into effect because it is what the administrators deem as what makes the shard better. It's theirs, not yours.

hahahah....yeah.. thats pretty fucking true...

Blous3s

Wanderer

personally i find the theif nerf pretty weak, i mean like everyone else in this thrd has already mentioned who gives a shit about a theif that steals 30 of a reg or like 200 gold... its not like when mares stopped being spawned when everyone had a tamer, that was legit. but the theif as a profession isnt very profitable anyway, so why even bother with these changes?

saul

Wanderer

what if i steal and lock the item down but then get guardwacked within the time frame?

Teddy2Hottie

Wanderer

yeah i can see how this sucks but there are ways around it it just means i gotta sit in my house and take a 2 miniut piss and a pass at the fridge between steals however whats really retarded is that you cant pull off the steal and pass move and that was my fav i dont think ill be playing my thief as much...

Perkis

Wanderer

beelzebub said:
i just think its fucking pointless to be a theif on this shard anyway, there is no fun stealable items lol... oooh, boy, i get to steal another sword, maybe 200gold or a couple regs.....

i wanna be able to steal someones fucking livelihood!

let me steal their bank checks!!! and BODs!!!!

then theivery would be worthwhile.

Ever steal an ancient smithy hammer or such?

Darkarna

Sorceror

I am a thief, it is my main character and I am not to bothered with these changes. The only small gripe I have with this, is if you steal and are not noticed by NPC's or other players thus only making you grey to the victim. Now, instead of randomly snooping someones pack to steal some pathetic little item with no value whatsoever, the thief will have to target a specific individual, check to see who is around that target and set the best path to steal from that target. The chances of dying will be much more damaging now to a thief and these changes will hopefully get rid of alot of the useless thieves.

Me personally, I hardly steal in town but when I do I make sure it to be a theft worth dying for and not just some random bandages or some random recall regs. It has to be valued over 5k *Weapons not including, as I will try and steal any weapon above might/poisoned.* If I die, then naturally I will lose the item anyway, so this does not bother me. If I am successful then I will hide away untill the 120 seconds are up.