UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Miscellaneous changes

Phooey

Knight
Re: Miscellaneous changes

pureshok said:
sigh that kills the fun of stealing. I mean TBH the most you can make per steal is like 2k if its a bola maybe 5k if its a wand, which is hard as hell to get awaywith/find and then if you do u have to flee for your life for 2 mins and u cant trade the items...nice
You sound like a pretty crappy thief.

In the past week or so I've stolen at least 5 or 6 lightning and gheal wands with 12+ charges and sold them for 1k a charge. I got a pair of unblessed ice blue sandals and a pair of unblessed fire sandals, two lightning wands that were in a bag, a bunch of BOD cloth, and a bronze smithy hammer with all 50 charges. Although I still think 2 minutes is too long, none of those steals would have been lost due to the new changes.

Back on topic though, I hate thieves just as much as the next guy so I will agree with those particular changes 100%.

krrios

Administrator

In response to those who consider these changes as a step towards trammel: the ignorance in such a statement is truly astounding. Trammel is about eliminating risks; these changes are about increasing them. If one wants to talk about trammel, they should consider this: what risk does a naked, item-less bank thief subject himself to when stealing?

No longer are thieves able to profit simply by stealing an item and banking it the next second later, or looting it on an alternate character if they die. Those actions are ones without risk, and those actions are what this patch addressed.

I do not expect competent thieves (read: bank thieves not included) to be overly perturbed by these changes.

The Monarch

Knight

Consider this krrios. Now how are people supposed to be able to steal your wands if you get them back every time you kill the thief? Ofcourse this change is going to effect your pvp. You know you did this because you were sick of theives stealing your wands. Dont be a liar.
PS. How on Earth will this change increase the risk for the non theif? Ofcourse this action is trammelizing this server.

Overmann

Sorceror

You speak of increasing risks, krrios, yet you are removing them for ordinary people by giving them less incentive to be protective over their items. Automatically returning items to them exclusively should the thief die within a two minute window of said item theft is, in fact, removing risks for the majority of players and promoting laziness.

If you are so worried about bank thieves, make a buffer zone around each bank in which thieving is not allowed. That change may sound adverse, but you've already demonstrated how willing you are to affect game mechanisms.

"the ignorance in such a statement is truly astounding." I don't know how or why you should expect quality feedback when you do not extend the same courtesy yourself.

Go_Ask_Alice

Sorceror

krrios said:
In response to those who consider these changes as a step towards trammel: the ignorance in such a statement is truly astounding. Trammel is about eliminating risks; these changes are about increasing them. If one wants to talk about trammel, they should consider this: what risk does a naked, item-less bank thief subject himself to when stealing?

No longer are thieves able to profit simply by stealing an item and banking it the next second later, or looting it on an alternate character if they die. Those actions are ones without risk, and those actions are what this patch addressed.

I do not expect competent thieves (read: bank thieves not included) to be overly perturbed by these changes.

Go_Ask_Alice said:
Krrios does this count as items that are not detected. IE: you successfully steal an item from someone, then fail and die. Will the item you SUCCESSFULLY STOLE be flagged and moved fromy our bank to the players backpack after you die from the next steal which was Failed or Was noticed?

Does that question make sence?

still need an answer to this. or anyoen who has tested it?

0mega

Wanderer

Yay nerf thieves more.

At least fix Tracking, so people with zero Tracking can't track stealthers.

King Snoopa

Wanderer

krrios said:

So far as the changes not being "Trammel-oriented," I will agree with you. However, it is rather absurd to believe that in any setting a stolen item would be automatically returned to the one stolen from. That is ridiculous. I can understand that this change will not bother "true" thieves, but it does, however, make things a little less realistic... even in a fantasy setting. It merely seems as if more and more safeguards are being put on the players so that they may have a 'better' time in doing so. This is a pvp server. This was once a server where you could slander, degrade and speak such horrible things that I won't even bother typing them... without getting in trouble. You can scam, cheat, and could steal, but most of that has changed... although for some reason in-game scamming is legal (which is considered a form of thievery), yet when the actual thief SKILL is used, there is a safeguard against the item remaining theirs.

Yay.

Hank-hybrid

Wanderer

Untouchable855 said:
Woot Woot, it wont happen to anyone else. I lost 32k this way. bank was full so I lost it.

nice to see its being fixed :)

Hey I gave you a house and 32k.

;)

agamemnon

Wanderer

I dont think its really all that bad of change, but it does however sound like someone has gotten a little cranky over losing a few wands to bank thieves. One thing I don't agree with though. I think the item should be able to be set down somewhere or locked down in house. If someone is able to throw the item down on the run somewhere they will only know where to find I do not see why they should get the item back. Just don't allow the person who stole to bank or open trade window for a minute or so. 2 minutes almost sounds like overkill. If they can't kill a thief within a minute either that thief deserves item or they just really suck. Most thieves aren't equipped to do any heavy fighting.

King Snoopa

Wanderer

The change was just unnecessary... there are other things that should be focused on, but hey, it's not my shard... ;p

Sammich

Wanderer

Addicted said:
Nice, nice. Will definitly cut down on the number of trash thieves and people who multiclient to lewt themselves.

Yea, thank god. Now I can get back my 23 black pearl, or 215 gold those bastards take from me.

Seriously, now all the we need is items worth stealing, besides magical weapons.

pureshok

Wanderer

Phooey said:
You sound like a pretty crappy thief.

In the past week or so I've stolen at least 5 or 6 lightning and gheal wands with 12+ charges and sold them for 1k a charge. I got a pair of unblessed ice blue sandals and a pair of unblessed fire sandals, two lightning wands that were in a bag, a bunch of BOD cloth, and a bronze smithy hammer with all 50 charges. Although I still think 2 minutes is too long, none of those steals would have been lost due to the new changes.

It wont effect the steal...but it will affect the rate I can succesfully steal, and since im not a mage with stealing I don't kill anyone so I have to "get away"

pureshok

Wanderer

Next please fix pking if I die to a red I want my items returned if he dies within 2 mins!!! k thx bye.

KrisCat

Wanderer

This will only affect bad thieves. Don't worry folks, the S|S will still be stripping you of your belongings.

Ajax

Lord

krrios said:
We've implemented a few changes, detailed below:

• When a thief dies, any items he has recently stolen will be returned to their previous owner.
  • Recently stolen items are no longer tradable.
  • Characters who are flagged criminal will no longer be able to enter dueling areas.
  • Corpses may not be looted from within a dueling area.
  • Poker earnings will now be placed into your backpack if your bank is full.

These changes are pending the next server restart.
what if the item has already been banked/placed into a house?

Jesusj0nes said:
This will only affect bad thieves. Don't worry folks, the S|S will still be stripping you of your belongings.

Yea, there are a lot of great belongs here. :rolleyes:

Every rare is newbied or blessed...who gives a fuck about magic weps...
What belongings are worth taking? Sewing kits?

Ajax

Lord

Testamentx-hybrid said:
Yea, there are a lot of great belongs here. :rolleyes:

Every rare is newbied or blessed...who gives a fuck about magic weps...
What belongings are worth taking? Sewing kits?
yes