UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Marines Guild (join my No B.S. Guild)

Wulfhelm

Wanderer
marine_3038 said:
Acually I'm aware of my bad spelling and i don't care.I would die with out spell checker.An i hardly ever read what i typed to check for errors so i'm sure if i did read it would look better but ask me if i care.Hell no i don't care so flame on suck my balls i don't care.Spelling is not a requrement to start a shard or guild.Anyway I don't give a fuck.

I believe the last person to comment on your spelling did so a week ago. Did it take you that long to form a retort? Keep trying, friend.

Compton

Sorceror
Marine__3038 said:
I use to play Diablo 2. I ran the biggest and longest running clan on there. My clan on there had over 100 members and It ran for almost 2 years. I stoped playen cause I got bored with the game. I think a few people tried to keep it going but I realy don't know.

you have to be fucking joking me, lol.

100+ players is hardly the biggest guild D2 has seen.

Big?
a little.

Biggest?
no, not by a long shot, egomaniac...

2 years constitutes longest running?
who are you fucking joking? that game has been out for 5 years now!!!!
and i have even been playing the Expansion for 3 years. nevermind d2classic, which i also played since 1.01!

don't make sweeping statments like biggest and best, you just put your foot in your mouth.

besides the marines are nothing but brainwashed fools that the military sends in first to
draw the fire away from the REAL ARMY.

OPERATION HUMAN SHIELD

theRoadshow

Wanderer
Compton said:
besides the marines are nothing but brainwashed fools that the military sends in first to

OPERATION HUMAN SHIELD

Excuse me?

Obviously not in the military, are we, Compton? Brainwashed fools? When you do more of something, better than the others that try to do the same task, with more effeciency than the others... I think that gives you a reason to consider yourself "better". Similar to how sports teams that win 3-4 champions in a row are referred to as "dynasties". They're named the best because they've proven, year after year, that they are the best.

You could get this same concept from comparing everyday household items. Garbage bags, for example. If you had garbage bag "A", that held more garbage and tore much less than garbage bag "B", you would say that "A" was a better garbage bag, right? Make the connection...

Compton said:
I found this comment both interesting and ignorant... and decided to add proof to my statments. If you go here; http://icasualties.org/oif/Details.aspx, you will find a table with casualty information. From simply comparing the U.S. Army death toll to the U.S. Marine Corps death toll, I found that the Army has experienced 764 deaths since 01/01/05, as the Marine Corps has only experienced 417 deaths during this same timeframe. Draw fire?

You did make one true statement in your uneducated post...

Compton said:

Yes... Marines are the first to fight. Once the Marines clear the area (fighting), they leave it to the Army, yes, the Army, to provide security and ensure the area remains safe (security patrols). And... as a previous situation helped illustrate, the Army cant seem to handle that responsibility (Marine deployments increased around June 9th, 2004, to replace Army units in Iraq. http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2004/040609-marine-deployment.htm will help verify those statements. Notice... as it states, the extra 5,000 Marines are sent because of the "continued difficulty coalition forces are having in providing security". Also notice how the same site states "It (the Marine Corps) is traditionally used as a strike force". Apparently, they can and successfuly do the jobs of 2 branches, while being the smallest of the 5.)

Notice how, even though Marines are the first to engage the enemy, they still have fewer deaths.

Before you open your mouth in an attempt to degrade the most powerful branch of the military this country has, do some research. It should prevent ignorant statements like these from being made in the future. Thank you.

-_-

Compton

Sorceror
theRoadshow said:
Excuse me?

Obviously not in the military, are we, Compton? Brainwashed fools? When you do more of something, better than the others that try to do the same task, with more effeciency than the others... I think that gives you a reason to consider yourself "better". Similar to how sports teams that win 3-4 champions in a row are referred to as "dynasties". They're named the best because they've proven, year after year, that they are the best.

You could get this same concept from comparing everyday household items. Garbage bags, for example. If you had garbage bag "A", that held more garbage and tore much less than garbage bag "B", you would say that "A" was a better garbage bag, right? Make the connection...

I found this comment both interesting and ignorant... and decided to add proof to my statments. If you go here; http://icasualties.org/oif/Details.aspx, you will find a table with casualty information. From simply comparing the U.S. Army death toll to the U.S. Marine Corps death toll, I found that the Army has experienced 764 deaths since 01/01/05, as the Marine Corps has only experienced 417 deaths during this same timeframe. Draw fire?

You did make one true statement in your uneducated post...

Yes... Marines are the first to fight. Once the Marines clear the area (fighting), they leave it to the Army, yes, the Army, to provide security and ensure the area remains safe (security patrols). And... as a previous situation helped illustrate, the Army cant seem to handle that responsibility (Marine deployments increased around June 9th, 2004, to replace Army units in Iraq. http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2004/040609-marine-deployment.htm will help verify those statements. Notice... as it states, the extra 5,000 Marines are sent because of the "continued difficulty coalition forces are having in providing security". Also notice how the same site states "It (the Marine Corps) is traditionally used as a strike force". Apparently, they can and successfuly do the jobs of 2 branches, while being the smallest of the 5.)

Notice how, even though Marines are the first to engage the enemy, they still have fewer deaths.

Before you open your mouth in an attempt to degrade the most powerful branch of the military this country has, do some research. It should prevent ignorant statements like these from being made in the future. Thank you.

-_-
lol, thank you for the reaction, that was the exact kind of over bloated, internet referenced tripe i was shooting for, but it was meant to come from the guy lying about his D2 guild.

now the marines lost about half as many as the army right? but if you want to look at percentages, they lost a larger percentage of trained soldiers then the army has.

and the fact that they get stuff done better then the other branches has to do with tactics.
Adolf Hitler was a man to get things done, but no one agreed with his tactics as well.

no, no. people are different around the world, and diplomacy is the key to communication, NOT FORCE!!!! voilence is only an option of the weak willed and dull minded.

in a culture ruled by christianity, martyrs speak louder then bullets.

i think it's retarded that this became a discussion about the military.

can't we get back to flaming eachother over grammar or something fun like that?

theRoadshow

Wanderer
Compton said:
lol, thank you for the reaction, that was the exact kind of over bloated, internet referenced tripe i was shooting for, but it was meant to come from the guy lying about his D2 guild.

now the marines lost about half as many as the army right? but if you want to look at percentages, they lost a larger percentage of trained soldiers then the army has.

and the fact that they get stuff done better then the other branches has to do with tactics.
Adolf Hitler was a man to get things done, but no one agreed with his tactics as well.

no, no. people are different around the world, and diplomacy is the key to communication, NOT FORCE!!!! voilence is only an option of the weak willed and dull minded.

in a culture ruled by christianity, martyrs speak louder then bullets.

I was hoping you'd save yourself the pain of replying. Apparently not...

Lets start with your "percentage of trained soldiers" comment. Wow. You first called Marines "human shields", whos purpose was to "draw fire from the REAL ARMY". Remember that? So... I show you how the Army has actually sustained more deaths without directly fighting the battles. And... your response? "They lost a bigger percentage". Of course they did! They have a fraction of the members the Army has. They are the first to fight, are sent to the front line to fight the battles, and have fewer casualties. How can you possibly attempt to dispute that?

And... tactics? Please, explain how the Marine Corps' tactics in battle can possibly relate to Adolf Hitlers' tactics during WWII. Are you suggesting/implying that the Marine Corps' tactics are somehow wrong/inhumane? If so, please share. I would then refrence the Army prisoner abuse situation, and ask how such a statement can be made. The only recent story involving wrong-doing within the Marine Corps is the death of the Parris Island Recruit... which is a debate within itself. And... that's just the way we're (Marines) are trained. What he went through was nothing new (actually, it was minimal). I stood on the same pool floor, swam in the same pool, wore the same combat swimming gear, was a recruit in the same battalion (3rd Rct Trng Btn), wore the same utilities and was treated MUCH worse than what the video displayed... a year ago. Civilians keep disagreeing with the training of Marines, but have the freedom to disagree though the the freedom the product of the training creates. Stay... out... of... it.

Diplomacy is the key to communication, huh? We certinally heard the terrorist's complaints during 9/11. After that situation, I finished HS and joined the Marine Corps to help prevent a situation like that from happening ever again. Thats why we fight... to preserve American life. Without American life there can be no freedom. Would you be willing to talk to the terrorists while they re-load their weapons and prepare a second attack? And... if one group of terrorists can sucessfuly complete an attack with that magnitude, what do you think a country could do? Much worse... much, much worse.

To better describe my views on the war, let me use an illustration I thought of. Picture this: your a friendly, wealthy, popular high school student sitting in math class. As you glance around the room, you notice one of the other students (one of which you seem to not get along with) reaching into his backpack and presenting a pistol. You look to his left and right, and notice 4 of his friends doing the same. They pass a few bullets around between them, and load the firearms. They then pointing the weapons directly at the classmate sitting to you left. To your dismay, one of the firearms releases a bullet and strikes your innocent classmate in the chest. As you glance back at the offender, you notice he again reaches into his backpack and grabbes another round. What do you do? Let him fire again? Try to talk him out of making you the next victim? Once ready, they point the weapons directly at you. You are next.

Do you understand the situation above? They didnt have a reason to kill the first classmate, yet didnt hesitate. You would certinally be next. And, after you, someone else would be targeted. There is no logic explaining this attack... and, without logic, there can be no communication... no compromise. If you could prevent anyone else from being hurt, would you? If you could... wouldnt you? I think you would. If not... someone else in the room would. Why? We're Americans. We have a gift in the freedom we take for granted... and some see it as something worth fighting for... worth dying for. And... the U.S. Military is.

-_-

Crank

Sorceror
so is this guild accepting members and is it going to be red or blue or both?
im sure that starkley will chime in here and post some more bs. so fuk it ill pm you and stay off this thread as much as possible.

funny thing is i posted that i was lookin for some reds to run with and he chimed in and pointed me to where to look. none of his posts i have seen have been constructive at all.
not attempting to flame, just pointing out that it would be nice to see a forum where constructive conversation takes place, not flaming.
anyway yhpm marine.

Wulfhelm

Wanderer
Crank said:
so is this guild accepting members and is it going to be red or blue or both?
im sure that starkley will chime in here and post some more bs. so fuk it ill pm you and stay off this thread as much as possible.

funny thing is i posted that i was lookin for some reds to run with and he chimed in and pointed me to where to look. none of his posts i have seen have been constructive at all.
not attempting to flame, just pointing out that it would be nice to see a forum where constructive conversation takes place, not flaming.
anyway yhpm marine.

No, dumbass, I told you where not to post. You don't seem to know jack or shit about Roleplaying, otherwise you wouldn't be looking for a red guild here.

Compton

Sorceror
ok the bulk of my complaint still stands about his lies about his d2 guild.

and your little story isn't going to change my mind about the sort of spinless, media manipulated drones join the marine corp. so maybe you can give me a few more references and another 2 page essay about how i am wrong so you can further pull the conversation away from him lying about his D2 guild.....

theRoadshow

Wanderer
Compton said:
ok the bulk of my complaint still stands about his lies about his d2 guild.

and your little story isn't going to change my mind about the sort of spinless, media manipulated drones join the marine corp. so maybe you can give me a few more references and another 2 page essay about how i am wrong so you can further pull the conversation away from him lying about his D2 guild.....

Next time a 19 year old PFC in the United States Marine Corps takes a bullet to protect the freedom of each American... or a 30 year old SSgt decides to leave his wife and kids here on earth by diving onto a live grenade to defend his country... ill be sure to think back to your remark about how "spineless" they are. Honestly... we dont care. Knowing you can sit back and have those thoughts reminds us of how great a country this is... and how worth it it is that they give their lives so you can sit back and insult their sacrifices. When you wake-up tomorrow morning in a country that is STILL free... be sure to thank your local congressman.

-_-

Compton

Sorceror
theRoadshow said:
Next time a 19 year old PFC in the United States Marine Corps takes a bullet to protect the freedom of each American... or a 30 year old SSgt decides to leave his wife and kids here on earth by diving onto a live grenade to defend his country... ill be sure to think back to your remark about how "spineless" they are. Honestly... we dont care. Knowing you can sit back and have those thoughts reminds us of how great a country this is... and how worth it it is that they give their lives so you can sit back and insult their sacrifices. When you wake-up tomorrow morning in a country that is STILL free... be sure to thank your local congressman.

-_-
you know what, getting shot is in the job description. don't give me some sob story like the guy didn't know he would be shot at like he was innocent.
he's got a shitty job, end of story. get a new fucking job if he doesn't like being a target.
where are the patriots for hookers that get shot? or strippers that degrade themselfs on a nightly basis? no where to be found! because they have shitty jobs they chose!

all this patriotic shit is just a bunch of brainwashing ideals to get you to do stupid shit like dive on a grenade. fuck you i'll take a job digging ditches for Osama Bin Laden before i would ever come to the aid of the richest 2% squabbles by shoting rockets at small villages and ran sacking tiny governments halfway around the world.

if that is freedom, then fuck you and call me Stalin.

theRoadshow

Wanderer
Compton said:
you know what, getting shot is in the job description. don't give me some sob story like the guy didn't know he would be shot at like he was innocent.
he's got a shitty job, end of story. get a new fucking job if he doesn't like being a target.
where are the patriots for hookers that get shot? or strippers that degrade themselfs on a nightly basis? no where to be found! because they have shitty jobs they chose!

all this patriotic shit is just a bunch of brainwashing ideals to get you to do stupid shit like dive on a grenade. fuck you i'll take a job digging ditches for Osama Bin Laden before i would ever come to the aid of the richest 2% squabbles by bshoting rockets at small villages and ran sacking tiny governments halfway around the world.

if that is freedom, then fuck you and call me Stalin.

Sob story? Ok. You're 100% correct. We sign the dotted line, READY AND WILLING[/b] to give our lives for our country... and our freedom. We know that death may occur... but death is the price to allow Americans to have the lifestyles we have... the dreams we have.

Hookers are NOT preserving our freedom... they are willing to sell themselves to make money... for them. Not for this country. I find it humurous that you would be willing to compare a Marine and a hooker. Please, continue to reveal your ignorance.

Shooting rockets at small villages and ran sacking tiny governments? First of all... this further proves how ignorant you are. You have no clue how the war is fought... but you can sit back and comment on it, cant you? Before the military moves through a town, a warning vehicle is sent through and around the area, sounding an announcement in their native language, which asks the innocent citizens to leave their homes to prevent them from becoming casualties. Food and supplies are also made available for these citizens... which is sometimes more than they had before. Also... laser-guided missles are used to pinpoint specific targets. These targets are either military or threats... military being an enemie's defensive or offensive structure, and a threat being a location where the enemy is willing to attack from. If an enemy is willing to hide within a church and fire upon us, we will fire back. Period. Anything else would be ignorant.

Realise... there are two countries fighting this war. They attack us as we attack them. This is NOT Ancient Greece... we are not "expanding our empire". We are protecting our country. Please continue to take the freedom our servicemembers provide for granted... other countries, which share the same mindset, would welcome you with open arms.

-_-

elias-hybrid

Wanderer
Sigh, Compton you are a fucktard, you sit at home back in the states living a lifestyle that doesn't force you to move around the fucking world, that doesn't put your life at danger so fucktards like you can continue to be fucktards. Then you're gonna go and insult the people who allow you to be a fucktard. You could say my opinion is biased because I'm an army brat living overseas, but whatever, I'm over here cause my dad decided he would make a sacrifice so people like you could be fucktards.

Instead of insulting those people, maybe you should be a little more appreciative to the ones making the sacrifice. I'm not saying that Bush is a good guy or anything, I'm just saying show more appreciation to the men and women in uniform, because think about it, if there weren't so many volunteers, who would be out there to let you be a fucktard?

Also the ordeal with the prison abuse was done by army reserve, aka weekend soldiers, so don't go around flinging shit at the wrong targets. Ignorant fuckers like you should be dragged out into the streets and shot in the mouth. So fuck you, you fucking ignorant ass rat bastard.

You seem like one of the "college educated" Korean people I meet on the streets who believe the Americans are here because they took over and that the Korean War never happened. Also, if the military is only there to protect the richest 2%, then why the fuck is your dumbass still enjoying the rights given to you by the Constitution or the Bill of Rights? You just seem to prove that you're completely ignorant with each word of bullshit that spews out of you.

theRoadshow

Wanderer
elias said:
Also the ordeal with the prison abuse was done by army reserve, aka weekend soldiers, so don't go around flinging shit at the wrong targets. Ignorant fuckers like you should be dragged out into the streets and shot in the mouth. So fuck you, you fucking ignorant ass rat bastard.

Actually... let me direct this fire back at me. To start, I should apologeize. I made the comment that brought this situation into the conversation. To tell you the truth, I made it because I was frusturated at the time... by both his insults and his comparisons between the Army and the Marine Corps. Being a Marine... I take comments like that very seriously. There is a lot of cometition within the armed forces... any service member will tell you that. But... competition like this is healthy. We challenge each other to make each other better. We have a lot of respect for each other. I've been stationed with both, and I speak from experience.

One act of wrong-doing DOES NOT speak for all of the branch they are in. And... being in the Marine Corps, I know this as well as anyone. I stated it because of the "REAL ARMY" comment... but I am truly sorry for making it in the first place.

Semper Fi... to all service members. Be safe. I'll see you over there sometime... wherever "there" is.

-_-

Compton

Sorceror
elias said:
Ignorant fuckers like you should be dragged out into the streets and shot in the mouth. So fuck you, you fucking ignorant ass rat bastard.

so is that the sort of freedom you fight for?
kinda like how all the people that questioned socialist reform in russia was shot.

hmm interesting, are you sure you were raised in a place where people could speak their mind? sounds kind of like dictatorship to me....

oh, and ROADSHOW,
with such a small amount of international news that makes it into this country, how in the fuck do you think you are well enough informed to make governmental descisions about countries that have little next to no impact on ANY AMERICANS UNLESS YOU HAVE INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENTS. since when was it patriotic to buy Arabic, as opposed to USA?

the military's current job is to watch oil investments that we all paid for, so that top 2% can make the profit from it.

while you watch iraq and scream american patriotism, this country is stumbling into a financial collapse because of all the wasted money.

maybe if we invested this kind of cash in to public school systems, instead of letting the poorer schools shut down, we would have a few less soldeirs and a few more philosophers, that could find peaceful solutions.

i know you people have been desensitized to the lifes you destroy, but they are real people with real homes, with children they love, and ties to their communities.

do you really think a sending a hummer in and telling everyone that they need to leave makes it ok?
what if you were sitting at home and a jeep goes by throwing out big macs, telling you that you need to abandon the only home you have ever had because china was invading your town.

would you leave?
if you did, how would you feel if they said it was okay because they feed a few homeless guys near your house that hadn't eaten in a few days?

if you didn't leave, and was killed by the scrapnal of you local TV station( a stratigic move the US like to use that kills innocents, not military,) would you be to blame?

would they be justified in their attack if they THOUGHT the US had intentions of assist their enimies financially? (the key word there is THOUGHT!)

oh and if the marines are so great why does the guy who started this thread have to lie about his gaming past to recruit members? (much like the real armed forces, they will say anything to get you to sign.)

" wan't to get paid to play guitar? or be a pro athelet? maybe you want pet small kittens for a living, well the marine corp has a place for you! join the few, the proud, the marines!'