UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Magic Weapons

Should magic weapons be removed from 7x standard duels?

• Yes, remove magic weapons.

Votes: 305 58.2%
  • No, keep magic weapons.

Votes: 219 41.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pajama

Wanderer
Mages already have reactive armor, which is thier protection against hybrids. So what if they have a vanq or force, they have RA on, we get damaged by our own hits. This is already a unfair advatage to mages, us having magic weapons is just a balance maneuver. I dont use magics personally, but i think its best to keep them in.

JasonU

Wanderer
With OSI style standards on hit percentages, damage ratios with magic weapons, obviously having magic weapons is an unfair advantage in a duel agianst a mage.

While there has been no official word on this, the chance to hit and amount of damage inflicted on this shard seems to be considerably less than on OSI. Agian, officially I belive the hit rate and damage are supposed to be consistant with OSI's model, but having played a dexer here and having heard from other dexers.........weapon skills seem to miss more and the amount of damage done to the target seems to vary.

From personal experience, It is not uncommon for me to miss 5-6 times in a row agianst a mage with GM wrestling while having GM weapon skill, GM Tactics while using a vanq supp. acc. weapon. Remember thats 125 tactics missing 5-6 times in a row often on someone with atleast GM wrestling. If I were to make a comparison, it seems to be the equivilent to using a GM made weapon on OSI. If my memory serves me correct, on OSI if you were slinging a vanq supp. acc weapon, you were connecting atleast 3/5 times.

In the way of damage, the damage inflicted seems to have a wider range than on OSI. While I have hit people for 50+ before with vanq hallys, there have been many occasions where I've hit a mage with no armor for only 10-15 hp. On OSI it seemed that the damage was taken from more of the middle range of 30-40hp with a vanq hally, and on the rare occasion hit for 40+ and on the occasion hit for 15-20.

With that said, it is understandable that magic weapons were usually not allowed on OSI duels, but in our case here with the (seemingly) lowered hit chance and inconsistant damage.....I think magic weapons in a duel with a dexer even the playing field somewhat.

What it all boils down to is though, being familiar with your character's template enough to know how to handle different senerios. Lots of people are used to fighting mage on mage, and when you throw a dexer or a hybrid in the mix they shit themselves and cry for the nerf stick. The same goes true for people who are used to fighting dexer on dexer, dexer on mage....etc. Each class lends certian benifits and handicaps depending on what your template allows for you and what template your facing. The ones who can learn to use thier characters effectivly in all situations are the ones who work thier way to the top of the dueling ladder.

Yiff

Wanderer
Pajama Pants Lance said:
Mages already have reactive armor, which is thier protection against hybrids. So what if they have a vanq or force, they have RA on, we get damaged by our own hits. This is already a unfair advatage to mages, us having magic weapons is just a balance maneuver. I dont use magics personally, but i think its best to keep them in.

a vanq hally or axe takes off ra in 1-2 hits sir

Just disable them in the options. It's not that hard. I'd suggest doing this regardless of whether or not the person claims to be using a GM weapon. I've had a few assholes swap out a the GM weapon they showed me for a vanq during the duel. :rolleyes:

Lordtamer

Wanderer
if u take out magic weps fix the mage spells in duels cuz there spells are way over powering. i have gm mgaic resist and if u miss once your done. also take out poison that's for pussies to

C

Cricket

Or you could just limit it to certain types of magic weapons...

I.e. no vanqs/powers/supreme acc/Troll slaughter, etc...

Fear the troll.

~C

C

Cricket

The removal of magic weapons has to happen soon...

I'm so tired of seeing them used in duels.

~C

Deadly Flow

Wanderer
NO matter what happens in UO a few things will never change...

MB MB MB MB /= pvp
taming /= pvp
magic weaps /= pvp

pking = everything goes

PVP = war guilds, chaos/order, factions

If you guys would just fix these htings up and players have some kind of skill then UO would be fun 24/7 for everyone.

Deadly Flow

Wanderer
Almost forgot most important...

BEEEEEEFFFFF UP MAGIC RESIST!!! I mean, wtf? Magic Resist at GM is useless still. Beef it up then dexers will be balanced again and have a chance to survive b/c you won't know if your ebolt will do 5 or 25 or your fs do 50 or 30. Beef up resist!

C

Cricket

I was thinking about dropping resist for inscription or poisoning...

But then I realized that resist does help just a bit.

;)

~C

Deadly Flow

Wanderer
I rmeber when OSI fixed up resist how it should be.

Oh man, it was good, 3 gm mage/eval casting on you and you can stand there and heal through it and survive. In order to kill me, it'd have to be a straight up gank of 3 or more including a dexer.

C

Cricket

But is that really how it should be?

Requiring three people to kill one seems pretty lame imo.

~C

Don't change the server, OSI was fucking pathetic with all the blessed magic armor and certain players being invinceable made me quit..please no more changes to teh server, these blessed faction power spears are fucking lame as hell...that is the start to the demise of this server, no magic blessed factions items please....I remeber guys new res running around with 5 aids and a blessed magic vanq suprely accurate long spear owning new resed that was fucking gay...you die you lose your shit, it is the risk of taking that vanq out...

Dorkay

Wanderer
magic weap

im new in this shard im playing a mage, a crafter and a melee and Keep magic weap cuz mage are really strong and a shard based on mage suck no warrior gonna vote against magic weap and 95% of mages would vote REMOVE so that prove mage are too strong

Or u can balance mage and warrior ;) and remove magic weap for a great balanced world

Reprisal

Wanderer
With regards to magic weaponry: reduce their availability. And by all means retain magical weaponry in 7x dueling - it's what the dexxers do with it that counts!

C

Cricket

Reprisal said:
With regards to magic weaponry: reduce their availability. And by all means retain magical weaponry in 7x dueling

Yes please.

~C

Status
Not open for further replies.