UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Magic Weapons

Should magic weapons be removed from 7x standard duels?

• Yes, remove magic weapons.

Votes: 305 58.2%
  • No, keep magic weapons.

Votes: 219 41.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

phontain33

Wanderer
This isn't about newbie dexers. What about the hally mages that cast poison then hit with a vanq hally then eb? If they dont kill you the first time then it continues on and on. Fencers have para blows that dont require stamina, hally mages have their concusions and macers have the ability to drain stamina in a few hits. Reactive armor lasts for 5-6 hits. After that its a constant onslought from a weapon. Tanks dont need to meditate, just arm a weapon and chase while a pure mage struggles from concussions, constant para blows and the loss of stamina preventing us from dodging weapon hits.

Dont say that vanqs balance it. The characters all have pro's and con's so dont bitch.

nachie

Wanderer
Phontain said:
This isn't about newbie dexers. What about the hally mages that cast poison then hit with a vanq hally then eb? If they dont kill you the first time then it continues on and on. Fencers have para blows that dont require stamina, hally mages have their concusions and macers have the ability to drain stamina in a few hits. Reactive armor lasts for 5-6 hits. After that its a constant onslought from a weapon. Tanks dont need to meditate, just arm a weapon and chase while a pure mage struggles from concussions, constant para blows and the loss of stamina preventing us from dodging weapon hits.

Dont say that vanqs balance it. The characters all have pro's and con's so dont bitch.

Yeah, exactly, hybrids don't have cons though. So either way i guess it doesn't even matter if magic weapons are in or not, in a sense.

chupo

Wanderer
I say remove them. I think a better solution would to be to get rid of anat+eval=wrestling. Tanks are lame- unless they are the old school ones that had no anat because they needed wrestling. Thats when you had to be good to play a tank.

VegakRw

Wanderer
True That

I even say you get rid of tribal spears in duels. I think the only weapon that should be made available for dexxers to use are GM made weapons. I also think something interesting would be to make duels "reg"less. I know that would not be very difficult to script into the system but that way people arent running out of regs as often as they are now. Its not a big deal to begin with, I would just prefer not using my own regs :) im cheap like that.

FrEeQ-hybrid

Sorceror
Well, I think this change is stupid. I don't use a dexer in duels ever because well... any decent mage no what the wep the dexer's using can rip a dexer to shreds in a duel due to one fact, the dexer is on foot without pots and can't run away.

I don't use dexers but, I think this shard is too focused on magery over dexing. The staff is always hating on dexers and always making the mages have all the advantages.

Okay, so say you remove vanq's from duels, what about the over powered spells? I think you should remove those too now. Vanq's are nothing compared to the 3 spell combo's that can drop a dexer with GM resist. Explo/ebolt ebolt can drop a dexer almost every duel. Yuo may just need to nox and fireball but it's still ridiculous.

As for mages bitching about vanqs... wear armor! If you suck that badly that you can't kill a dexer then wear armor. It greatly reduces melee dmg.

As for hybrids wielding vanqs. Boo fucking hoo. Vanq's are part of the game and meant to be used. You already nerfed the vanq spawn in a feeble attempt at making them worth something and well... they still are not worth that much except for people don't use perfect vanqs as much for fear of losing it and not being able to kill a balron for a new one.

See, mages bitch that the only reason they lost to a hybrid was due to a vanq wep when that's not true at all. Even if the hybrid was using a GM wep they'd still die. What happens is a mage will dump completely on a hybrid then the hybrid pre-casts a spell and attacks the mage (who usually never has armor on) and they get owned half the time because the mage has no mana to do shit except heal a bit. It's not vanq weps. It's the mages skill.

With this nerf you're just making it easier on the noobs. The mages that can't beat hybrids or dexers so they blaime vanqs. Fuck that, vanqs were made to be used not to be nerfed like almost everything else on this shard.

FrEeQ-hybrid

Sorceror
I think I'm the only fucking mage that's standing up for dexer's.

See the votes? That doesn't mean shit because dexers are a minority and obviously the votes will to be rid magics because mages are pussies and can't learn how to adapt.

I myself can take out hybrids quite easily unless I get a con blow. Then I just stun.

Stun mages are the best to take out hybrids. It's not that hard if you mages would get some skill and adapt to the changing PvP. Wear armor.

This isn't fucking old school OSI, this UO:Gamers Hybrid.

Bitching mages... god damn.

Take em out! Magic weapons in duels are ridiculous, they've never been allowed and the only reason they seem to be accepted here is because the programmed system allows their use. Taking someone out in 2 seconds because your vanq axe connected twice does not show the better player. For all of the PURE DEXERS complaining, get some magery in your template and you won't be dying to simple combos.

A

AllasPancakes

ppl talk about mages being overpowered (thats how rpgs schould be magery is a higher class)
+ Hybrids with vanq lol remove them.....

A

AllasPancakes

Btw i use a dexxer 2 tryed to duell with it even with a vanq it can be hard to win if u dont get some good strikes lined upp (except axe) axe have a good chanse in duells coz off conce blow.
Another will this include tribal spears?

FrEeQ-hybrid

Sorceror
It will include everything that's not GM or lower then GM.

Dexers are also supposed to be good. Mages are over powered here. The spell damage was lower on OSI but, I guess they like to have the upper hand.|

Ever wonder why dexer's chug, throw pots and sometimes use DP? It's because if they didn't they'd die one combo. I don't think that's very fair. But! if the mage dumps all his mana and doesn't kill the dexer, he's usually fucked.

Eeyore-PiG-

Wanderer
yeah i totally agree with freeq. I don't think that it is much harder hitting 4 keys to cast explo explo ebolt fireball then it is to dex. everyone says OMG DEXIE GET SKILL , well I find it alot harder to sucessfully dex right then to mage right. I usually play my mage but this shard is making mages better and better. It is not that hard to get full leather armor guys , cmon.

Khrono

Wanderer
my mages where nothing but full leather barbed and an invuln or fortified orc helm, 40 AR at least and no dex nor meditation loss

Keep them a duels a duel. players try to kill the other by whatever means possible. It matters not the methods they use or what they use. why stop here if then go further say players cant use any weapons magic or armor just their fists. That would be balanced everyone would be the same. No one would like it but that matters not as long as all you people get your "balanced" duels. Stop Crying!!!!

Ryan I hope you don't cater to the mages on this one.....Im pretty sure you won't because you are a really smart guy and know what you are doing.

Hanable

Wanderer
Keeping magic weapons and armor adds an unknown element to dexer duels an added demention or circle of thought and planning. Without magic weapons all you would have would be cookie-cutter fights

Status
Not open for further replies.