UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

katana, ssi, hml, hld

Whatever98

Squire
see you only need HLD so much because hitting isn't a luxary when you're leeching to heal, it's a necessity, same with ssi, cos if your swing drops, your healing drops. that's why people are buying these swords and not the others.

but it's really not necessary to have bushido and necro, in fact if you're using katana, it's totally not the best option, you should be using a double axe for that

Whatever98

Squire
the whole point of double strike and lmc is to get comparable damage WITHOUT the sampire spells

what people are trying to do is marry the 2 together to stack the paladin's lmc doublestrike damage with a sampires bushido damage, but they are not realizing that in dropping your defence and tying your defence to your offence, you actually lose offence; because you're no longer free to drop damage of either type

it's potentially more damaging on a single swing yes, but when you put it over the duration of a fight, and take into account all the casting, stamina filling, running to heal cos you're been hit too easily, etc. it ends up as a lot less

Geaux

Sorceror
Ok so im gonna go your route with healing and chiv. How to you battle things like misiama and the spiders they constantly mortal and poison, just have quick cures and remove curses. Secondly do you have a pare of gauntlets for sale?

Diz

Wanderer
:)
Like I told you the other day, just get at least 2/4, or 4/0, or go like meeeeeeee @ 4/6. You'll be fine, nothing will interrupt you with any serious consistency, just get the timing of cleanse and decurse down in between swings.

If you're actually concerned, fight a few rotting corpses at same time and just get a feeling for bandage timer, firecleanse timer, and whatnot.

Frasier

Sorceror
Ok so im gonna go your route with healing and chiv. How to you battle things like misiama and the spiders they constantly mortal and poison, just have quick cures and remove curses. Secondly do you have a pare of gauntlets for sale?

I have been using hll + hml katana on Miasma. Works fine

Whatever98

Squire

it's easier to toe to toe with a hit life leech wep tbh, because the mortal and poison will stack, but you need to have max dci to not get hit as often
there's not many monsters that do that combo, it's literally designed to counter healing.

you will need either life leech on wep, 4+fcr with your 3fc, or hla to deal with that and stop getting hit twice before you can cure/remove curse/heal

if you have the life leech, you can leech to have enough hp to stay in melee.
if you have some fcr you can cleanse by fire and remove curse within bandage timer
if you have hla it's doubtful they'll hit you again, but you should always be able to take 2 hits, and back if they land the 2, dont leave yourself in melee and risk a third, even if it is only like 10% chance it will hit

Whatever98

Squire
not sure what set up im running on that video, it's low on lmc tho cos enemy of one is costing 13 instead of 12, might have fcr, dont have di there tho, only on 60

Geaux

Sorceror
Ok well i dont have jewels with FC on them so meh he will have to work towards that. I guess for now i can try to get a wpn with HLL on it also

Diz

Wanderer
Here's my simple Doomloop I made in 5 mins first night I was there, haven't bothered refining it at all beyond change the number[stat] values:

Whatever98

Squire
if you're planning to hunt miasma i'd go for 65 dci, 120 dex, 3fc, when she hits remove curse, wait for bandage cure while you swing and hope for leech, then close wounds.
you need higher chiv if you're going to use the cure on high level poisons. end of the day you're playing the percentages and trying to lower the chances of failure as much as possible at each roll, but if you do roll all fails you can back a couple of steps

you want hml and hll sword, you can divine fury to up stamina and the 65 dci will stop you getting nailed by more hits
you will have to back if she hits again tho cos your stam will be too low to keep the life leech up and give you time to heal, that's why that kat in the video is uber cos it's 4 mod with ssi and hld, which is ideal for leeching health

and lol diz ya lazy bugger :p
i had a heal macro for DF, but dont bother with that even now since i started using blade of righteous on DF for laziness

Geaux

Sorceror
So much knowledge, when i get done with him neither one of us will be able to kill a earth elemental.

Whatever98

Squire
just so you can see the damage and how the combat goes, as i say im using weak ring and brac at the moment but with ideal 4 mod combos to get the 96 di to see if it's worth putting into final build, i think it is tbh - but my defence is a little weak at the moment, i should have at least 2 fcr and the 65 dci instead of 61. resists are a bit low too cos im using mempho, but healing can usually cover that np with a nice health pool, and gladi sets it right anyway

see i've dropped defence a bit to get luck, but it's not harmed my damage at all if im not tanking cos they're not connected

die a couple of times at the start >.<
just from carelessness really, not used to loads of people cos it's been like a year since there was that many, and it got kinda messy lol

but for serious what is this all about the first time i die?
hmm.jpg

on the bright side it's a warts and all video :p
so you can see the fails as well and how it goes wrong, also it's long enough for you to see consistency. i only really die cos i get lazy and careless tbh, dooms a bit boring like that ;)
you can under-estimate the bosses sometimes hehe

you can also kind of see what everything does, you can see the damage increases when you use each spell, what more dci would do, what less di would do, what higher resists would do, where i need fcr, where i need mr, etc etc

fc is on 3 btw, when i get that paragon gold sword out im on 4fc with life leech, so that's like, shit has hit the fan sword lol +gladi and it's on, down potions and grapes/petals and you're like full power - but rarely use that for serious, only really needed in pvp
99% of monsters you can just fight with mempho at like 80% strength

i shouldn't really be using this ring/brac with mempho tbh cos there's no hci on them and im only at like 39 with divine fury and no gladi, i need to get some pvm ones with luck on to go with mempho - hitting the hci cap (and dci cap) is way more important than getting any extra di really; if you're using a katana.
but as i say im testing it for end build vs other possible mods ;)

Last edited: