UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

katana, ssi, hml, hld

Americana

Sorceror
I got this template to work, but only with a Kryss. Katana needs 25+ssi; I'll take HLD on Kryss instead...damage isnt that different; but the dex is a HUGE difference. Literally need 50 more dex without SSI...doesnt work if you want to chain AIs.

120 Fencing
120 Parry
120 Tactics
110 Anatomy
101 Chiv
99 Necro (can stone off for resist if needed)
50 Bushido (just for honor)

Dex 90
Str 100
Int 65

Using Banes, Aegis of Grace, Essence of Battle, Storm Grips...

Ended up with 45 HCI, 60 DCI, 100 DI, 1050 luck.

Whatever98

Squire
i am a little low on dci at the moment, it should be 65. im testing out these di jewels though

that's why im on 110 tactics and 120 str too, usually 100 and 110 is

Whatever98

Squire
i really wouldn't try to mix it with sampire tbh dude, bushido with a shield is a very tricky thing

see Americana is using aegis to get the lmc, diz is using orny to get it. im using rbc.

Diz

Wanderer
I got this template to work, but only with a Kryss. Katana needs 25+ssi; I'll take HLD on Kryss instead...damage isnt that different; but the dex is a HUGE difference. Literally need 50 more dex without SSI...doesnt work if you want to chain AIs.

It works, cuz dbl strike. But yeah, like I had mentioned the other day to Geaux, you can go Kryss a lot easier, but I don't think it's as good personally in PvM. 25+ SSI is wonderful, but not necessary.

Also, necro for heals is ugly imo.

Whatever98

Squire
ah so you're using aegis of grace instead of fey legs then?

you can mix and match like as long as you have a plan and have the mods you need or are supporting alternative mods, there's a lot of ways to build warrior, all of them are pretty pro if you crack it ^^

Geaux

Sorceror
If using ssi on katana can he go 130 dex to start with, to help with stats or does that make bandage timer to slow

Diz

Wanderer
If using SSI on Kat then anything above 100 is perfectly fine for bandage and swings. I suggest 120[125ish] because it's right in in the middle, as in Kryss guys working around 90 and sampires and guys like Calvin going 140. It'd be easy to go either way if he wanted more or less.

Americana

Sorceror
I like wraith form for healing builds; lower pool, higher dex, more consistency at the risk of being a bit softer on overall healing.

I like low dex for non-Sammy builds, as I seem to always need a wider mana pool to support my best friend the (F'in) RNG. ;)

Wraith form opens you up to a world of joyous options; the challenge is adding the FC/FCR to make up for the lack of HP leech...unless you want to use CW.

I am personally working on an non-healing LRC Wraith Dexxer...but the suit is stupid hard to put together and it looks like I'll be going 120 Bushido for LS instead of my favored AI.

Much like everything; it's about your play style.

Whatever98

Squire
btw that's set up for pvp in the screenshot, if i put mempho on instead:

2222222.jpg

but if i were using mempho full time for luck, then i'd swap out the ring or brac to boost me to the 35 hci/65dci.

but doing that i will lose something like max lmc, 140 dex, or 100di. it's like a take ur pick thing. unless you get jewels to handle it. it's all a balancing game, but there's a lot of room for customization once you have the core stuff

Whatever98

Squire
If using ssi on katana can he go 130 dex to start with, to help with stats or does that make bandage timer to slow

keep your dex in groups of 20: 80 100 120 140
you only get a second off the timer for every 20 dex, if you want to make up the swing speed, use +stamina on your armour
bandage is done by dex, swing is done by stamina

I like low dex for non-Sammy builds, as I seem to always need a wider mana pool to support my best friend the (F'in) RNG. ;)

that's why everything past the 20 cap you put onto mana, healing also takes a lot of the stress off your mana.
+int gives you sdi (i think it's 1% for every 10 int?) and you can actually stack this with hit spell for nice +damage
are you at the 36 lmc? some mana leech is usually enough if you are

Whatever98

Squire
there are so many options tho, you can even use HOI or divine if you wanted

basically there are things you need to get

what these things are depends on your skill set, your skill set will depend on your play style.

and how/where you get the things you need, is up to you. but there are some pretty well established sources (ie. totem for hci and hp; hotl, fey, shield, aegis of grace, jewels for dci; etc)

once you understand that, it's all just about picking parts that you can afford and will work together in the spaces you have available to give you what you want in the most efficient combination. that's the puzzle

Last edited:

Whatever98

Squire
the reason my warrior is so tough is cos i have cracked my puzzle to the point that im quibbling over like <5% on mods, and using every possible mod slot (ie all runics/jewels are 5 mods)

if you want to clone that then you will have a character that's just as effective, but in changing the playstyle you change the skillset, and the gear combo someone uses for 1 skill set will not necessarily be the best gear combo for a similar but slightly different skill set.

a good example is me and diz, he's using 4/6 120 dex, im using 4/0 140 dex. but the difference in gear is HUGE just from this fundamental change, his gear would not work for me, and mine would not work for him. do you see what i mean?

it's not because it's different mods, it's because it opens up different slots, which let you use different artys

Whatever98

Squire
if i were you dude, i'd look at this as an experimental stage, get some passable gear and stay around mid level monsters for a bit, like blood eles and gauntlet.

test out a variety of things being stacked, to see what it does to your survivability/dps

then shoot for what you've chosen as the most important/effective mods of the ones you've tried
as your gear gets better you'll be able to get more of them at the same time, until eventually you can pretty much have everything where you want it.

the problem is avoiding the glass ceiling in the item combo which will stop you getting another property into your build

Whatever98

Squire
the first thing you need to do tho is decide how you want to play the character and pick the skill set that will best suit that.
then you can start stacking the mods that will be key to work with your skills as a core.
then you can experiment and see what other mods will synergize with it

Whatever98

Squire
buy rbc, fey legs, shield, stormgrip/nobility, mempho, totem of the void, and a dph swords as a core

they're cheap, and will give you most of the core mods with some passable jewels and lmc arms. with a good sword you will be able to test out different skill sets and go from there

Reactions: Diz

Whatever98

Squire
and for the third time, SET UP THE HOTKEYS, that will make the biggest difference of all

that's a bare-bones warrior. less than that is just a joke tbh, that's what puts people off katanas and paladins