UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hybrid Status Update

Little Owl

Wanderer
I'm sure the hardware, internet service, server site location rental, forums and what not cost a bit. I'm happy to play without being required to pay anything.

That being said I always thought Sallos was a mixed bag since it had/created a lot of PVP issues that went unresolved for a long time and didn't work equally well for all templates. Hurt Hybrid as much as it helped it maybe.

Would the final product be limited to exclusive use on uogamers? Would uogamers have intellectual property rights? All in all, I'm more interested in advertising and marketing, but at the same time, a new universal interface that was easy and better in all respects could revive uo. Seems a bit like something that would take several years to get right though.

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member
Would the final product be limited to exclusive use on uogamers? Would uogamers have intellectual property rights? All in all, I'm more interested in advertising and marketing, but at the same time, a new universal interface that was easy and better in all respects could revive uo. Seems a bit like something that would take several years to get right though.
Krrios is primarily developing it for UOGamers. He has stated it will be a long time into the future before making it available to other servers.

In terms of marketing and advertising, we are already on it developing ads and lining up our spots.

That is one of the latter dominoes to fall. We are setting up to flick the first. At this point we are still carefully placing them. When all of this starts happening, buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Hybrid doesn't bring in anything donation wise I'd say, Demise still brings in thousands a month easily. In prime time Mickey is right, this server brought in some SERIOUS cash, as it should have because it was the BEST around. Ryan still works hard irl + receives donations, I've seen his estate and lets just say he has the set up. Ryan just has to much to focus on other than this server, I just don't see it happening, you have to have a real passion and the drive for this game and server to bring it back, the flame has already burned out... and as much as he would like to bring it back to it's "glorious" days, the interest just isn't there. RIP

** although updating sallos and it only being allowed on UOG would be a big start.

crikey

Sorceror
I hope kirrios makes something from this. IF not for his sallos, hybrid woulda been in the dumps long ago Id bet

Would be cool if a portion of monthly donation money(after paying upkeep n whatnot) went toward active staff.

crikey

Sorceror
Ten years from niw, with hybrid still being up, kirrios will create sallos 3.0 compatible with virtual reality headset and optional 1st person view mode.

Getting mindblasted will feel the equivilent of the brain freeze from gulping down extremely cold liquid nitrogen

Silly Santa

Sorceror
I have and do see your point. However just because I bought food at my favorite restaurant for years, doesn't mean it won't need capital for a revamp. Also, the number does not accumulate and sit idle in between each one of your purchases. It goes to operation expenses. Same theory applies to games and even more so for free shards based on a 20 year old game.

Can't agree with you more and staff has already announced that Sallos is not the only pending change.

But the players asked staff to include information about the donation link.
To each his own.

why aren't we calling him hannah montana? I thought for sure there'd be enough pedo's to want something like that around here.

or we can go next level and call him miley cyrus

or even further and call him miley cyrus the virus

or perhaps smiley miley cyrus the virus