UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hybrid Status Update

Seer Duncan

Hybrid Staff Member
First and foremost, thank you all for being patient while Hybrid transitions into the future. We know it's been a long time coming and we're all grateful for your loyal support. We're at the point where our development team is able to beta test some of their products. The final touches are still being made and we want to avoid rushing any updates. After all this is Hybrid and significant changes need to be done with the utmost quality. With that said, everyone should know that Hybrid's staff is not in "cruise control" mode. We share your enthusiasm to help Hybrid reach it's full potential and we're diligently working to do just that.

While you patiently wait for more updates. We encourage you to log in Slack for real time updates from staff members.

Slack Link
Blackfyre Event
Sallos Donations

Last edited:
First and foremost, thank you all for being patient while Hybrid transitions into the future. We know it's been a long time coming and we're all grateful for your loyal support. We're at the point where our development team is able to beta test some of their products. The final touches are still being made and we want to avoid rushing any updates. After all this is Hybrid and significant changes need to be done with the utmost quality. With that said, everyone should know that Hybrid's staff is not in "cruise control" mode. We share your enthusiasm to help Hybrid reach it's full potential and we're diligently working to do just that.

While you patiently wait for more updates. We encourage you to log in Slack for real time updates from staff members.

Slack Link
Blackfyre Event
Thanks for taking my advice, keeping the players informed on the forums is great.. There are really no updates given on slack either. Keeping people updated on the forums should be first priority, especially so everyone that only logs into the forums "which are MANY" compared to slack, are all informed there is work being done behind the scenes.. Thank you.

I don't know how I feel about krrios holding out updates based on donations received. He's only gonna give us something if we reach 1k, 2k, 4k dollars?

That sounds like a shitty deal/reasoning. I was under the impression people staffed/developed 20 year old games out of love, not money.

Unless there is something I'm missing, this seems like a raw deal for hybrid players. We've been told updates have been coming since january, and now it's seemingly gated behind donations?

ruh roh

Silly Santa

Sorceror
I don't know how I feel about krrios holding out updates based on donations received. He's only gonna give us something if we reach 1k, 2k, 4k dollars?

That sounds like a shitty deal/reasoning. I was under the impression people staffed/developed 20 year old games out of love, not money.

Unless there is something I'm missing, this seems like a raw deal for hybrid players. We've been told updates have been coming since january, and now it's seemingly gated behind donations?

ruh roh
Where does it say it will be based on donations he receives? O.0

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member

ruh roh
That is not the case, those are "stretch goals". Krrios is working on sallos for free. Those goals are for additional work he will do above and beyond releasing a new client with new features.

The UO community can choose to either support him monetarily or get the benefits of his labor for free. Either one is totally acceptable. The only benefit an individual player gets from pledging to his work is the ability to alpha test the first release of Sallos.

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member
That info he has there should be posted on this website...
Why krrios is on Patreon
krrios said:
Some of you may know me as Krrios.

Ten years ago, I bid farewell to Sallos, RunUO, and Ultima Online.

Ten weeks ago, Britannia called me back.

I've spent day and night tearing apart the Ultima Online client and piecing it back together. I've made a tremendous amount of progress, but I need your support to keep going. Here's what's in store:

You're getting a new graphics engine, powered by OpenGL, allowing for better visuals, bigger game windows, high DPI monitor support, and improved FPS.

You're getting a new networking layer, globally distributed, greatly improving the experience of coastal and international players.

You're getting a host of new features and bug fixes. Built-in voice chat for parties. Bigger and better radar map. Support for the latest graphics. Rename your pets. Target while moving.

You're getting a new website. You'll log in directly from your browser. Your macros and settings will be saved to the cloud. You'll manage your accounts and characters online and protect them with two-factor authentication.

You'll get to experience a fully dynamic world. We're shedding constraints imposed by the original game client. Treasure hunter? You'll actually dig holes in the ground. Lumberjack? Watch trees fall to your ax. Mage? Earthquake just got real. Evil? The world will blight in your presence.

And you'll finally have a level playing field. We're cracking down on players using modified clients, and we're implementing anti-cheat protection to detect and deter those who seek to automate or otherwise gain an unfair advantage over their competition.

I can't do all of this without your help. But with your support, we can bring Ultima Online into the 21st century, tastefully, while staying true to the style and character of this game we've grown to love.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Because Ryan isn't paying him which is bull shit.

We put that mother fucker in a differnt tax bracket and he expects us to pay the one guy who can possibly bring the sever back to life?

That's a spit in the face of everybody that has supported this sever if you ask me

Fuck..something i can agree with u on?omfg !? In all seriousness tho, some of us know roughly how much in donations were made to hybrid in all these years..and it saddens and frusterates me, u and im sure others as to why he needs to set up a crowd funding page..wasnt he made part owner tho when krrios came back?

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
Fuck..something i can agree with u on?omfg !? In all seriousness tho, some of us know roughly how much in donations were made to hybrid in all these years..and it saddens and frusterates me, u and im sure others as to why he needs to set up a crowd funding page..wasnt he made part owner tho when krrios came back?
I really don't know.

But either way, it's fucked up