UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

HOWTO: UO + Razor on Linux

Smjert

Sorceror
Re: HOWTO: UO + Razor on Linux

Hilde;640346 said:
It's a registry key. In a shell type "regedit".

Then if it's a Key under Razor, named exactly "Last server", where you're supposed to put "blauahuha" etc?
In a Value i suppose... but with which name? and which type?.

Smjert;641001 said:
Then if it's a Key under Razor, named exactly "Last server", where you're supposed to put "blauahuha" etc?
In a Value i suppose... but with which name? and which type?.

the value is called "LastServer" and it's a string value. In my case that value has "login.uodemise.com" as data. Just change that data in "edoiwfjknlhorj" to "unlock" the port field in Razor. Then, in Razor welcome screen, you can choose your favourite server.

candinhoff

Sorceror

When razor says cant find the UO thread u just need start razor executing the Updater.exe , and not Razor.exe
wine Updater.exe

candinhoff

Sorceror

Lady Teela;557034 said:
Try launching Razor with this command:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/USERNAME/.wine" wine explorer /desktop=Razor1,1680x1028 "C:\Program Files\Razor\Razor.exe"

Razor1 is the name of the virtual desktop, 1680x1028 is the resolution (my monitor is 1680x1050 with a 22px toolbar) so you will need to adjust that for your own setup.

Then, make 4 shortcuts, each with a different virtual desktop name i.e. Razor1, Razor2, Razor3, Razor4. It treats each instance of the UO client + Razor as an independent full screen app. It's the easiest way I've found so far to manage multiple razor clients in linux.

JUST RUN WINE Updater.exe
in Razor dir :)

Blacula

Knight

candinhoff;659537 said:
look this baby:)
THAT'S MY HOMIE! *claps*

Two things:
#1. He is using the Wine desktop, which disables your WM from decorating the emulated app's window. (Which you can also do by un-selecting 'allow the window manager to decorate windows' in winecfg.)

#2. He also has 'use smart cpu reduction' checked, which just made me rage. See below:

Attachments

• rage.jpg
    rage.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 34

candinhoff

Sorceror

For have the display u just need type winecfg in console and go to "graphics", check the option "emulate virtual desktop" and its done. Enjoy!:)

candinhoff

Sorceror

Blacula;661545 said:
THAT'S MY HOMIE! *claps*

Two things:
#1. He is using the Wine desktop, which disables your WM from decorating the emulated app's window. (Which you can also do by un-selecting 'allow the window manager to decorate windows' in winecfg.)

#2. He also has 'use smart cpu reduction' checked, which just made me rage. See below:

Thanks for the tip, i will uncheck the smart cpu reduction. And i lost my AIM password and having trouble to get it back, i miss u man, when u will come back ?? Send us some news. Cheers. Cya.

Erucid

Sorceror
So, I got a fresh install of razor using wine. I can launch razor and actually log into my sever. I can NOT move around or do anything once in. Solutions?

honeyspider

Wanderer
So, I got a fresh install of razor using wine. I can launch razor and actually log into my sever. I can NOT move around or do anything once in. Solutions?

by your description, this doesn't look like a problem with the UO under wine setup. you could check your client compatibility with your RunUO server.. maybe you'll need an update :)

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Anyone ever try this with Puppy Linux?

Just curious if you can toss UO on, say, a 8GB+ stick and take it with you to a library etc =D

Killer Rabbit

Sorceror

Just curious if you can toss UO on, say, a 8GB+ stick and take it with you to a library etc =D

You mean, boot puppy linux off of the usb stick and then play UO off of that? I don't see why not. It would just take up considerably more room since you would have to have the UO game files, wine, and the necessary .net packages to run razor.

Blacula

Knight

I've ran it on a HDD install of Puppy back in the day, when it had no 3d accel and UO still ran fine. You should be good.

Erucid

Sorceror
You mean, boot puppy linux off of the usb stick and then play UO off of that? I don't see why not. It would just take up considerably more room since you would have to have the UO game files, wine, and the necessary .net packages to run razor.
Would still probably fit on a 1GB flash drive. That is a pretty good idea.