UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

HOWTO: UO + Razor on Linux

onykage

Wanderer
Re: HOWTO: UO + Razor on Linux

any clues as to why Im getting a cannot find thread id error? (its not loading the client).

Blacula

Knight

onykage;470206 said:
any clues as to why Im getting a cannot find thread id error? (its not loading the client).

Try changing permissions on your UO directory, worked for me.

onykage;470206 said:

Try to launch it via shell (gnome terminal - konsole - your_favourite_shell_program)

wine /home/user/.wine/drive_c/Program Files...... UO.exe

if you encounter an error, you will read in the shell (that's why I love Linux :p )

dprantl

Wanderer

osd_daedalus;470513 said:
Try to launch it via shell (gnome terminal - konsole - your_favourite_shell_program)

wine /home/user/.wine/drive_c/Program Files...... UO.exe

if you encounter an error, you will read in the shell (that's why I love Linux :p )

I don't understand how this could work for anyone. In the current build of wine, you cannot run some programs unless your working directory is set to the same value as the executable. UO is one of these programs. I can run UO's client.exe just fine when I am in the "Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy" directory (and yes, I tried to also install in a directory without spaces). If I try to run client.exe from anywhere else, it bombs saying it cannot open fonts.mul. This is why Razor cannot connect to the client, because the client dies the same way when Razor tries to launch it. I have not been successful trying to find how to set the default working directory in wine. Most of the workarounds say to create a script that changes to the directory where the executable is located, and then execute it. Obviously this will not work, because Razor launches client.exe by itself and will not accept a batch file. For the people that got it working, what exact version of wine did you use?

honeyspider

Wanderer

dprantl;494827 said:
I don't understand how this could work for anyone. In the current build of wine, you cannot run some programs unless your working directory is set to the same value as the executable. UO is one of these programs. I can run UO's client.exe just fine when I am in the "Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy" directory (and yes, I tried to also install in a directory without spaces). If I try to run client.exe from anywhere else, it bombs saying it cannot open fonts.mul. This is why Razor cannot connect to the client, because the client dies the same way when Razor tries to launch it. I have not been successful trying to find how to set the default working directory in wine. Most of the workarounds say to create a script that changes to the directory where the executable is located, and then execute it. Obviously this will not work, because Razor launches client.exe by itself and will not accept a batch file. For the people that got it working, what exact version of wine did you use?

you install razor using wine, then point it to your uo installation folder, like that:View attachment 11010
(Z:\ points to your / directory. check the right path in your system.)

razor crashes after writing this info to the registry, but when you reopen it, the info will be there.

hope i could be helpful

Attachments

• Screenshot-Welcome to Razor!.png
    Screenshot-Welcome to Razor!.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 90

dprantl

Wanderer

honeyspider;494947 said:
you install razor using wine, then point it to your uo installation folder, like that:View attachment 11010
(Z:\ points to your / directory. check the right path in your system.)

razor crashes after writing this info to the registry, but when you reopen it, the info will be there.

hope i could be helpful

Nope, didn't work. It keeps saying the same thing. I tried using Z: in just data, then both client and data. Then tried C: in the data directory and the client directory, then both. Taking Razor completely out of the equation, I cannot even launch the client.exe itself unless I'm in the same directory as client.exe. Searching for this I find many people having the same problem, and the only solution being to write a script that changes to that directory first and then launches the app. This cannot work for Razor launching client.exe though. Oh well.

dprantl;499238 said:
Nope, didn't work. It keeps saying the same thing. I tried using Z: in just data, then both client and data. Then tried C: in the data directory and the client directory, then both. Taking Razor completely out of the equation, I cannot even launch the client.exe itself unless I'm in the same directory as client.exe. Searching for this I find many people having the same problem, and the only solution being to write a script that changes to that directory first and then launches the app. This cannot work for Razor launching client.exe though. Oh well.

Hmmm... no idea.

Can you please post the shell output when you fail to run Razor and UO?

octpos

Wanderer

I had the same error....
I can run UO alright, but when I try to run UO from Razor, that end saying "cannot find thread id", I look in debug message of wine and must of errors is about overflow, non supported instructions to multi-threaded , no interface found or non-32 bits instructions....
Like:
fixme:virtual:NtAllocateVirtualMemory MEM_WRITE_WATCH type not supported
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33da28,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dciman:DCICreatePrimary 0x340 0x3bf128c
fixme:eek:le:eek:LEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {c3fcc19e-a970-11d2-8b5a-00a0c9b7c9c4}
fixme:eek:le:eek:LEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {b196b283-bab4-101a-b69c-00aa00341d07}
fixme:eek:le:CoGetContextToken stub
fixme:eek:le:eek:LEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {00000003-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:eek:le:eek:LEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for un supported interface {00000144-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
err:eek:le:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on USB camera, disabling mixer
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 224 bytes in thread 001c eip 00000000 esp 00241250 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000

When I run UOPatch.exe, that end in error ("The patche not end correct, your client will be old, press Ok to play or Cancel to exit" some like that)
So i have to run many time, because, if ends in erro the next time will apply correct the pacth.

I'm using Debina 4, my kernel is pos compiled to Duo Core 2 and wine version is 1.1.7:
$ uname -a;wine --version
Linux S8Box 2.6.24.3-s8 #2 SMP Wed Sep 3 20:36:59 BRT 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
wine-1.1.7

Soo.... if that run in many clients, why didn't run where? ¬¬

And for me, the install of dotnet2 need ie6, without that, dotnet didn't install, winetricks have ie6.

Thanks for that topic =]

octpos;499494 said:
$ uname -a;wine --version
Linux S8Box 2.6.24.3-s8 #2 SMP Wed Sep 3 20:36:59 BRT 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

What if you try a generic kernel (and not a SMP)?

octpos

Wanderer

I have 2 kernel, one not compiled in my machine, so I can try... but....
I must recompile everything, sound drive, wine, probability reinstall dotnet2 with winetricks.

BUT ... i think that it's not the problem, i don't install the SMP patch, i only recompile priority to Duo Core 2 ... but maybe i lost suport to some think, some intruction... ^^

I will test....=]

well, on my Core2Duo I had a strange problem sometimes ago: if I use a SMP kernel, I can't see the other processor (I could see only 1). This didn't appear to me when I use generic.

Well, I will test with a SMP kernel too and I will let you know... for what Ubuntu offers.

octpos;499761 said:
I must recompile everything, sound drive, wine, probability reinstall dotnet2 with winetricks.

You are making me miss my Slackware adventures :)

Raptor85

Wanderer

For the "cannot find thread ID", My laptop has this problem too. This sounds really strange, but it does work.

Run razor from updater.exe every time you launch it. I haven't checked any further to try and find out why this works, but I've experimented with it and every time I directly launch razor it fails, and every time i run from updater.exe it works. Only on my laptop though, on my desktop it works just fine.

So,
I have just managed I have already a SMP kernel :) Anyway, looks like it's not the problem.
I have tried to launch Razor updater.exe and Razor.exe in any location, and it works. But I have tried launching UO client.exe and I can reproduce what dprantl says:

dprantl;494827 said:
I can run UO's client.exe just fine when I am in the "Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy" directory (and yes, I tried to also install in a directory without spaces). If I try to run client.exe from anywhere else, it bombs saying it cannot open fonts.mul. This is why Razor cannot connect to the client, because the client dies the same way when Razor tries to launch it.

UO client.exe runs only if you type wine client.exe and you are already in the UO directory.

But why Razor can find UO correctly here?
I have the UO Data Directory field as (Auto Detect) and works well.
I also tried to change as Z:\home\user\.wine\drive_c\Programmi*\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\ and I can run UO.

* as Italian, I am not sure if it should be "Programs" or "Program Files" in English.

Something is true... I can reproduce only partially this error, but Razor can recognize UO path well here.

Triphys

Wanderer

Hello
I have a weird problem.. When running Razor and pressing Okay after everything is setup.. It starts loading but I get a grey screen with "Unhandled Exception" and this info inside:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Assistant.MapUO.MapWindow' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Arial' does not support style 'Regular'.
at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize)
at Assistant.MapUO.MapWindow..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Assistant.MapUO.MapWindow.Initialize()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Assistant.Engine.Initialize(Assembly a)
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

And then when pressing okay it shuts down.. Why? :(

Triphys;507189 said:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Assistant.MapUO.MapWindow' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Arial' does not support style 'Regular'.

This should be the problem. I suggest you to try to reinstall fonts by following my instructions on first post. Let me know if you can resolve it.

Triphys

Wanderer

Thanks alot! That worked great ;)
Btw! I recognize your nick, you didn't play on Imagine Nation back in the days or am i mistaken? :)