UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

pbguy434

Knight
Re: how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

theindigothief said:
I reiterate. It takes SKILL to get within one tile of someone. Not One screen. K,thnx.
No. No it does not. And this, coming from someone who has played a dexxer longer than he has a mage. Now what might take "skill" would be being able to kill the dexxer they have on the run. Anyone with an IQ over 70 won't understand your point.

Re: how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

You are most right. Since of course it is far easier to kill a mage on the run as a dexxer since instead of keeping them on the same screen you must be within a few tiles.

You're most correct. I guess one needs an IQ over 70 to understand the point I am making.

And yes, I misread your post on purpose.

Windows Dark

Wanderer

If you don't have what it takes to play a mage, make your mage playable (weapon skill, chivalry, necromancy, playuo, whatever you can).

And yes, Pibby is right.

lol dexxers VS mages, the neverending battle. So what if a dexxer can't hit a mage, so what if a mage gets fizzled and can't cast through 3 dot spells. It's a game people. If you can't kill somebody, go attack one you can.

Personally, a mage is easier to play than a dexxer. Simply because dexxers have no potential to win besides items, and you could go out 7x and beat almost any dexxer.

Please, PLEASE. I'll use my champer necromage, Rick James. He's 100/20/125 (+20 stat scroll), GM mage (scrolled to 115 and using tome), 115 spirit speak, 105 necromancy, GM eval, GM resist, GM wrestling, GM med. His lrc suit is 70 phys, 60+ elemental resists. 2/5, 100% lrc, 15 DCI, 40 lmc, 5 MR, 8 HP inc, 8 int inc. Hardly a non-obtainable suit.

Using that char/setup, I'll duel ANY non-mage for 1 mil gold per duel. Checks will be handled by a third party, or on the honor system, if I can trust you to pay when you lose.

If you so desire, we can do field battles, arena duels, special rules duels, etc. I'm game for pretty much anything. PM me.

I take back everything I said. There is no skill what so ever in playing a "warrior". There is skill in a necro dexxer, but not a friggin "warrior". Yes, mages are better than Warriors but their timing isn't determined by stamina, it's dynamic.

Lucifall

Knight

Mages are way harder to play than a mage. Its dumb to say anything that counter this.
Dexxers needs timing yes. And they hardly do as much damages mages can do. Yet, I'm still to see what kind of warrior is harder to play than a necro-mage.

And to the topic, no, unless if you have a dryad bow and keep mortaling / paralyzing and the mage has or:

- High ping
- heavy packet loss (this is something most people get these days...)
- LOW skill
- You swing too fast for him to actually damage you or actually heal
- etc. (above mentioned)

I personally think my necro macer is harder to play than my mage, but its because i'm way more used to Brunus, my necro-mage. But bah, this discussion wont take us anywhere anyways, theres will be always people who like mages and people who like dexxers.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

Yeah my mage on my shard is rather easy to play compared to my necro archer, and I have like no experience with a mage. Necro mage is harder though since you need so many hot keys and it's hard to figure out how to lay them out in a way to remember, but other then that it's easy. Technically as a mage you can get away with simply having a hot key for MA, fireball, mini heal, cure and own anyone, if you have a very low ping. Most mages that owned me only used MA and fireball only. If you have low ping as mage, it's basically like running around with an AK-47 in each hand.

If you want i'll donate my wrestling mage for a couple duels sometime. I'm not horrible at pvp but I'm not the best either. he's a 120 with all the necessary equipment, so you could practice with me if you want. I could also use the practice.

LOL Whoops, I'm on my buddy's computer and forgot to sign in on my own account. This is ParagonDancer. haha

In my small amount of experience it always seems like teams of players always beat solo players.
I play a straight fencer, and my little bro plays a stealth fencer. I have had him hide, I lure one mage away, he jumps out of the shadows and dismounts and we pois bleed the poor soul to death out of view of anyone else. Sometimes the mage kills us, but i think that is due to their superior skill/scrolls/equipment because we don't play very much. Most of the time, we kill our target. I have 110 fence and he has 100 fence. We miss hitting frequently but between the two of us we do fine.

So I think no matter what template you have (you can even have wasted skill points in cooking) so long as you work together with others, and plan how to kill a target you can always kill him. Just set the trap, stick to the plan and keep dealing some sort of damage without dying.

But I will note this, and this is coming from someone who loves fencers and believes they are very complicated and with a huge amount of potential. Most really good players play mages.

You can say it is in the magery skill, but I think it is just that very good players realize that they need to have control of the situation. By playing a mage and not needing to worry about hit chances (granted spells may be interupted) it gives them the control they need to control the battle and allow them to win.

As a warrior, you need to figure out how to gain control of the sitation. A dismount gank is probably one of the simplest ways to do so, but there are other much more effective ways with a little bit of creativity, better than what i mentioned.

I think regardless of what template you play, you need to play with a group, in a group, templates matter less and teamwork and "player skill" matters most.
And besides, the groups always always always win.

When pvping... the first rule is to don't die.
Don't run out by yourself with only on special move as a plan.
It is more important to stay alive than it is to kill someone.
You know what situations you continually die in, don't run into them.

Second rule... force the battle to be in your favor.
Don't attack a better equiped more skilled player.
Don't attack anyone by yourself.
Always have at least one ally to work with even if it is someone you don't know.
Don't ever get desperate for a kill.

Third rule... be prepared.
Have more strategy than just chasing someone down and bleeding them.
Be equipped well... it can be hard to make a good suit but it can make a big difference... and always carry pots! gstr and gagil too
Practice... the more you execute a strategy the better and more effective you will become. doing a simple 2v1 gank is the start... eventually you will be able to execute your 2v1 gank in a 2v2 or 2v3 situation.

Best of luck, play the template you want, play with others and no matter what don't die.

p.s. a voice chat system and uo automap rock.

ServiuS

Sorceror

wrestle-mage vs dexxer..
you can win like that

Attachments

• AegriN_12-15_11.11.rpv
    133.1 KB · Views: 63

ServiuS;205550 said:
wrestle-mage vs dexxer..
you can win like that

My eyes,my eyes!!!!!!

Damn look at that in mini heal spam,..

Wow..... Thats just bad... I dont spam heal that much on a bad day :p

z0rak

Wanderer

UO is fun because it's about millisecond timing -- it's as close to FPS timing as any MMO gets. Other games (WoW, EQ, whatever) have PvP where ping isn't really an issue -- they're not fun.

If they "evened" out PvP to where timing didn't really make a difference (e.g. if they overpowered dexers), then the game would lose all of its appeal. And don't kid yourself, tapping evasion every few seconds to make sure you don't get hit is pretty much just taking the timing out of pvp. Instead of NEEDING to cure NOW, you could cure now, cure later, cast mini heal, cast greater heal, whatever you want ... boring.

z0rak

Wanderer

also, necro dexers can beat alot of mages -- blood oath, mind rot, strangle, bleed & mortal are t3h anti-mage. If you're gung-ho on playing a dexer, put necro on him.

Reaver-demise;209665 said:
My eyes,my eyes!!!!!!

Damn look at that in mini heal spam,..

Wow...... I want to know what that dxxr mofo waz using! Damned good! OH and btw that mage suxored. He didnt' even pull para blow or anything, didnt look like he had a wepskill or good dci either.

I

Ikbal

an easy way to kill a mage with a dexxer is to get some good di and hci, grab a repeating xbow w/hit lightning and use yer double strikes

Windows Dark

Wanderer

Slifer Da Sky D;210164 said:
Wow...... I want to know what that dxxr mofo waz using! Damned good! OH and btw that mage suxored. He didnt' even pull para blow or anything, didnt look like he had a wepskill or good dci either.
Para blows are not a fair move in duels.
It is not allowed in official (event) duels.

He should use a disarming move :D.

Ikbal;210427 said:
an easy way to kill a mage with a dexxer is to get some good di and hci, grab a repeating xbow w/hit lightning and use yer double strikes

Well, thats a way that works. Though Horse didn't kill me when you were hiding in teh house :p.
Thanks for the vortex. Heh. (it didn't kill me).

Lokutus

Wanderer

I had on one serv char like this:
sword,heal,anat,parry,poison,tactics, chivl with 3-4fc and 0 fcr

and it was very good vs all kind of mages (especially for this with no wrestling)

I think other warrior templates are not good vs mage, but can be dangerous vs warriors ;)

I think there are no template that is good vs all other templates cause each skill have some weak side ;)