UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

Facko

Sorceror
Re: how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

Balthazar-demise said:
Problem lies in the mage's ability for their spells to always hit its target. I think if there was a way to protect against the spells always hitting, that would even things up a little.

Evasion would even things up a little. :)

Argyle

Wanderer
Re: how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

Until you started seeing sammy mages...which are what everyone complains about on OSI...

Lucifall

Knight

Yes. Their build dont have meditation since their lightning strike with HML 50% leech all the mana they need. Oh, spells barely hit them and they even do worse combos than the actual mages. Like... nerve strike spam + explo + fs + LS. Not to mention they are dexxers and their weapons have hit spell over +40 and bokutos have uber speed.

Lippy

Wanderer

I only use mages , and its very easy to get killed against a dexxer . Mages must stop to cast and defend, or to heal, which leaves the dexxer standing right next to them going to town. If mages are 1/2 (why the f is it said like this its always recover first) excuse me 2/1 then the dexxers swing rate would have to be reduced considerably as well. 6/2 casting isnt all that fast (try 6/6). Ill tell you what Red Squirrel ill take off my 6/2 gear if you lower your dex to 20 :D

z0rak

Wanderer

Mages are stronger because they take skill.

To xaxas, red squirrel, and anybody else who think a mage and dexer should be equally matched: no.

Dexer playstyle:
Defensive:
Hit a bandaid every X seconds if health < max
Maybe spirit speak if you get too low.
Run like hell

Offensive:
Prep one of two special attacks
Get close enough to hit somebody.

Mages:
So many variables
Defensive:
mini heal, mini cure, greater heal, or arch cure?
stay on screen or run away?
defensive stun?
defensive disarm?
spam small spells like weaken (against a mage, esp. if mortaled)?
Offensive:
weapon abilities? (stun/disarm)
explosion combo or straight spam combo?
get close enough to harm?
is target about to finish a bandaid? if so, bleed or nox
somebody won't stop running? para, cross-field

And that's just what came to mind in the 5 minutes it took to write this little rant after seeing that i've been quoted in xaxa's sig. Yes, mages are overpowered because it's hard to play a mage. If it was easy to play an overpowered template everybody would do it (e.g. stampeders, death strike archers, and ki attack archers).

So. I have one question to ask you. Do you have a macro for spamming? I.E. mini-heals and MA+Fireball? If so then last time I checked just running macroes to spam and own isn't quite skill. By macro I mean where it spams for you . . . not the generic macros.

Before anyone claims that it takes skill here should play Demise with no fc/fcr. There you can't pwn on the run or have a macro do everything for you. most, but not everything.

xaxas

Wanderer

theindigothief said:
So. I have one question to ask you. Do you have a macro for spamming? I.E. mini-heals and MA+Fireball? If so then last time I checked just running macroes to spam and own isn't quite skill. By macro I mean where it spams for you . . . not the generic macros.

Before anyone claims that it takes skill here should play Demise with no fc/fcr. There you can't pwn on the run or have a macro do everything for you. most, but not everything.

Thats pointless. There are macros that apply bandies for you too.

No, its not players' fault that they play overpowered templates. Its just like saying "omg, dont play a tamer, its overpowered in pvm, go pwn that AW para with a 7xGM meleer in an except spined suit"

Its OSI's fault that they are absolutely blind for the facts: get 2 eaqually good players, give them a warrior and a mage, let them be on eaqual pings and the mage will win. That is not right. I'd LOVE it if OSI made warriors harder to play, but more efficient also. That will never happen tho :/

IMO a duel between a mage and a dexxer should be a tier if the odds are not highly in favor of one of them (items, ping, skill, etc.). Now duels between mages are close to that. Duels between warriors also. Duels between a mage & a warrior are not.

OutOfReiatsu

Wanderer

z0rak said:
Mages are stronger because they take skill.
lol

Last time I checked all types of toons require skill to play them good. If you think that playing a dexxer is all about running around and hitting the bandage/special skill macro you're wrong.

And most mages use about 10% of their spell arsenal, now that's "skill".

z0rak

Wanderer

10% = 6.4 spells -- i'll list the arsenal that i use frequently

First Circle: (4)
Weaken
Heal
Magic Arrow
Reactive Armor

Second Circle: (2)
Cure
Harm

Third Circle: (5)
Bless
Fireball
Poison
Teleport
Wall of Stone

Fourth Circle: (5)
Arch Cure
Curse
Greater Heal
Lightning
Recall

Fifth Circle: (6)
Blade Spirit
Dispel Field
Magic Reflection
Mind Blast
Paralyze
Nox Field

Sixth Circle: (7)
Dispel
Energy Bolt
Explosion
Invisibility
Mass Curse
Paralyze Field
Reveal

Seventh Circle: (5)
Energy Field
Flame Strike
Gate Travel
Mass Dispel
Meteor Swarm

Eigth Circle: (3)
Energy Vortex
Resurrection
Summon Daemon

Now, I'm no math major but i think 37 > 6.4.

Now, let's compare that to a dexer:
Bandaid
Bushido Confidence
Chivalry Concecrate Weapon
Chivalry Divine Fury

that it? One action that requires a target and 3 buff spells that you can tap quickly while running?

Both templates use weapon abilities, so that's not a difference.
Both templates can have necro, so that's not a difference.

Yeah, a mage takes MORE skill to play than a dexer -- a lot more.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

All templates require skill.

But main thing is, dexers miss all the time (that's if they don't get disarmed), mages NEVER miss. That alone, besides other factors, puts mages at a big advantage. Once they get evasion to work, then bushido dexxers may have a bit of a better chance, but a dexxer without bushido will still be in the same situation.

z0rak

Wanderer

Dexers -- somebody tell me what i'm missing about the dexer playstyle. what do you do that makes you worthy of being as powerful as a mage?

You left out the skill it takes to actually get close enough to attack. Instead on being on screen with your macro that auto-casts and targets . . . we actually have to run you down. I believe that takes a lot of skill. Or do you think it takes no skill to catch someone?

So yeah, I think you DEFFINATELY missed that. Oh, and half the time when we catch you we wiff. Then another 35% of the time we catch you and not wiff . . . you parry. So yeah . . . .

Chap

Wanderer

theindigothief said:
You left out the skill it takes to actually get close enough to attack. Instead on being on screen with your macro that auto-casts and targets . . . we actually have to run you down. I believe that takes a lot of skill. Or do you think it takes no skill to catch someone?

So yeah, I think you DEFFINATELY missed that. Oh, and half the time when we catch you we wiff. Then another 35% of the time we catch you and not wiff . . . you parry. So yeah . . . .
Do you actually... go to fel? Or have even fought a mage?

Do you want this to go to the Lich Lords? Because to be frank, don't try flaming someone unless you know who the hell they are. Yes, I go to Fel. Yes, I have fought mages. Yes, I also play Hybrid. Yes, I was actually a good pvper on OSI's Atlantic. I was also old school pvper on LS before 2000.

If you are refering to the specials that mages use in your petty attempt to flex your pvp knowledge. . . they are more deffensively used. Since of course, the dexxer must in fact run to you. Thus allowing a mage to barrage the dexxer before the dexxer can even hope to wiff.

Chap

Wanderer

theindigothief said:
Do you want this to go to the Lich Lords? Because to be frank, don't try flaming someone unless you know who the hell they are. Yes, I go to Fel. Yes, I have fought mages. Yes, I also play Hybrid. Yes, I was actually a good pvper on OSI's Atlantic. I was also old school pvper on LS before 2000.

If you are refering to the specials that mages use in your petty attempt to flex your pvp knowledge. . . they are more deffensively used. Since of course, the dexxer must in fact run to you. Thus allowing a mage to barrage the dexxer before the dexxer can even hope to wiff.
theindigothief said:
we actually have to run you down. I believe that takes a lot of skill. Or do you think it takes no skill to catch someone?
Do you know how many dexers I have to chase from city to city to kill? Do I think that makes me skilled chasing them down? No. So naturally I apply that to you.

theindigothief said:

What? Your avg mage in fel has about 20 - 30 dci, your avg dexer has 30+ hci. You range at about a 50/50% chance to hit. Considering you use a fast weapon ( which most dexers do in fel ) thats a pretty damn good hit percentage.

Parry? Name one notable or common fel pvp mage that has the skill parrying. I think what you refering to is the base 20 parry that all humans recieve.

With 20 base parry you recieve a 2% chance to parry.

xaxas

Wanderer

Its the fact that dexxers need alot more than most people admit: a good timing of specials (we dont have infinite mana to just spam those AI's you know), a good timing of pots/cures/spirit speaks/whatever, a good means of disrupting a mage's attempt to toast us after he disarm us, a good way to inflict more damage than a mage can heal in a time unit, etc.

Not to mention that if I list my arsenal it will be more than 37/64 in a %

Having bushido, necro and the rest offers many possibilities and develops different playstyles, even the blindest of you cant deny that its not just d-clicking someone, running after him with an euo healing macro on and tapping the specials hotkey. It IS alot more than that.

I still refuse to accept that warriors should be bashed like skillless templates simply because they are (unproved) easier to play than a mage. When we're given an option then talk about it. As for now I dont think someone can think himself "worthy" to be overpowered against someone else. Its just plain wrong.

I reiterate. It takes SKILL to get within one tile of someone. Not One screen. K,thnx.

Chap

Wanderer

Opinion noted, but quickly shit on.