UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

shyquaker

Wanderer
how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

i try many times .

i have max HCI & max resist & max Swing Speed & 35damage AI.

if opponent is a weapon skill mage . i still have chance to win .

disarm then AI , or poison \ bleed . with disarm , it graetly improve my hit chance .

but i really have no idea to defeat a wrestling mage.

they have no weapon to disarm . i have 45% HCI , they have 45% DCI.

i have 120 weapon skill , they also have 120 wrestling.

that means my max hit chance is only 50% , (if disarm it's 95%) , but their spell is 100% hit me . (why Evasion isn't works just as spell explain? damn it. )

the max Swing Speed is only 1.25s/hit now , 50% hit chance means i only have one successful beat average 2.5s , the max damage of this beat is only 35 . do 35 damage in 2.5s . only 14 DPS.

most of pvpmage have 2/6 , 45% DCI , all 70 , 15 SDI(maybe even 100% LRC), how many spell can they cast in 2.5s ?

if cast heal , 0.25 casting speed without delay , can heal them 50+ HP in 1.25s . if i am very luck to break their spell , ok , they heal 40 hp , but i only do 35 damage. if i am not luck , maybe they can heal 100+ hp before my next hit.

if they wish , they will never die just cast heal/cure.

damn limited Swing Speed and damn max damage per hit.

if i can't deal the enough damage force they to heal themselfs , and how can i defense harm/poison FB/poison or lighting/poison combine? (just don't think about exp/EB/FS , but in fact , this high level spell have enough time to cast with once of u miss.)

how can i defeat a wrestling mage ? who can tell me? (don't tell me to choose a weak opponet , i wish defeat a same level wrestling mage opponet)

BTW : English is not my mather language , sorry for solecism first.:) but i hope people can understand what's i mean

xaxas

Wanderer
Re: how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

You cant... maybe if you have a SHITLOAD of lmc and very high int and 4/6 casting you can spam holy light to iterrupt their spells, but I'm not sure how well will it work.

Getting a weapon with bleed also helps to prevent them from casting high-end spells. A mortal wound is your friend too, if timed properly it can prevent most types of healing

But still one disarm & gg

When it comes to taking damage bandages can be applied in no less than 4 secs, and a single poison spell screws it all up, so unless you got 4/6 casting to use cleanse by fire and close wounds you'll most probably end up dead in no time (pots might help you last longer, but that is true for the opponent too) Confidence can be iterrupted by a single MA, so forget about it.

player12345

Wanderer
Re: how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

Try para blow
3 sec is the para blow duration
you have 2 chances to land a single para blow in 2.5sec

with bush + parry ( i assume you had this template ) + 40 LMC
the mana needed for each para blow is 12 mana (24 mana after the first one)

with tactic + anatomy you do 12 to 15 each hit
so thats around 8 para to kill a mage

that 100 to 200 mana in 20 secs

hope u have enough MR and mana

Edit- i forgot about the x2 mana rule when special is used within 3 secs

xaxas

Wanderer

Still his chance to hit is 50%, and if he gets disarmed things get very bad, very fast

shyquaker

Wanderer

para blow only make effect each 8 s.

mana is not problem for me , hit change is the key point.

xaxas

Wanderer

Hit lower defence might help abit for that, but you will still miss like mad

holy light, bleed, mortal, pots, poison, a hit fireball weapon.... you cant expect to do the best you can do without fc/fcr, so get some. 4/6 isnt necessary by any means, 3/5 is plenty. (1/3, 1/2, and a FC 1 shield... not hard to get..)

hit lower def will help out a lot. Its hard to beat a mage without a way to prevent there heals, The one only good specials for that that are allowed in the dueling events are Bleed and mortal. Some good weapons with 2 usefull specials are, Battle axe, Exec axe, war axe, hammer pick, and sceptar. A fast Exec axe with hit spell could be strong if used right along side lightning strike.

player12345

Wanderer

Ah sry i didnt know about the 8s reload, coz the only warrior i have a war/tamer

On a mage's point of view, all it takes is 1 disarm and
Bleed,Mortal,Hit lower attack, etc - becomes worthless

The best combo i seem so far is when i was "dueling" a friend
Which is Mortal + Para
and spam AI in between
I tried to out damage him the first time, but i ate the third AI when i was paraed and i died

Second time - i disarmed him after he mortaled me, i did a simple Explode + Bolt and killed him

I think the only way to actually have a chance at killing mage as a dexxer is get necro/ss drop Bush/parry

So u can Blood oath + strangle him when u are disarmed, and spam Pain spike to interrupt him

xaxas

Wanderer

If you have at least ~20 reflect phys you can bump in him while disarmed, he will punch you and the reflect will iterrupt his spell. The downside is that then they all act the same way - An Mani*8437593845735

player12345

Wanderer

Correct me if im wrong, but i thought u cant melee if u r casting a spell?

n1te_mare

Wanderer

best answer is make a mage urself....

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

Mages with parry/DCI are the hardest type. Your best bet is to add necro to your template and rely on their damage, by using blood oath. really, its about the only fast way to kill em, since you'll be missing like crap and if you hit they parry. The trick is timing oath properly, if they see you casting they'll just be MA spamming you until you die. If its a mage with ninja BO is even more fun since they'll throw a DS in their combo so you can heal the magic part, pain spike them, then run and the oath should leave them with the ability to walk through closed doors. DS is capped at 35 so just be sure you can handle 35 damage before running, and be ready to heal it for when you come back, since if the mage is still alive he'll just an mani spam and insta heal and you'll be red lined.

Argyle

Wanderer

Add bushido...perfection + lightning strike = dead mage.

xaxas

Wanderer

Argyle said:
Add bushido...perfection + lightning strike = dead mage.
Perfection aint working. LS may be good but not enough. Red's suggestion seems best.

OutOfReiatsu

Wanderer

Mages with parry/DCI are the hardest type.

Are there mages with parry? Doesn't it require 80 dex to be effective?

xaxas

Wanderer

OutOfReiatsu said:
Are there mages with parry? Doesn't it require 80 dex to be effective?

Well some ppl sacrifice str/int to get dex to a level in which it gets to 80 with a bless. It is not hard at all if you have used a +25 ss or have lotsa stat bonuses on your set.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

Yeah I've run into parry mages. With 45 DCI... quite lame. Bushido idea would be nice if evasion worked, though. Since with LS and 45 hci I think you'd be able to somewhat bypass their 45dci and use evasion a lot to block spells.

aazim

Sorceror

a little beside the main subject..
im building a mage with parry - wrestl - eval - anatomy
i think this combination will be imposible for a warrior to take down
because it grants the highest def chance posible from skills
but im not sure how much is the bonus for having anatomy + eval
can someone tell me ?