UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Genocide pete aka red robo cop

Except I was using Iskariot, who had a gold runic hammer and only one piece of Hybrid plate. I'd say it's more likely that you're both a product of extreme incompetence self-obfuscated by rationalization.

LOL ok you used sub par equipment (for once) against a sub par pvper.
Doesnt change the fact that you possess extremely unbalanced equipment on your main char and you dont deny it.
Viz = an E-Troll that bounces from faction to faction based on who is winning that night.

I dont fault you for using unbalanced items to mask your inabilities. I fault the staff.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
This is a very good post that should be read.

It once used to be about skill, marginal dexers fought marginal mages with marginal weapons against marginal armor. Over 10+ years of farming and resource gathering there exists tons of surplus weapons and armor. Eventually every tournament showcases perfect weapons and perfect armor. The real problem came with the complacency from this, where mages needed more armor to compete against dexers in tournaments who were using Valorite Weapons. The totally rational solution was to add better mage armor. The gigantic negative side effect is that each character becomes increasingly harder to kill, mages and dexers. If you can't log kills you don't want to PVP. <- this is why people gravitate toward UOForever PVP, there are still marginal fights. Basic Field PVP is the minor leagues, no minor leagues means no talent moving up the food chain.

I don't really think adding higher weapons is the key to the future of field PVP, BUT it is the future of Tournament PVP. Lunar and Undine (now strength/greater strength) armor should have never been. Hybrid armor should have never been. Blessed valorites should have never been. How do you fix this mess?

There has always been a premium paid for the best wands, weapons, and armor. The fact of the matter is that NONE of that stuff was ever intended for field combat. How do you undo what should have never been done? It's simple, you make the weapons and armor unblessed so that their primary use is in tournaments. Similar to bolla/tamers, they are next in line to be nerfed. As for greater heal and lightning wands, they should require 1/2 normal mana to use, and/or should make characters stop for 1/2 normal time to cast. This would allow wands to be more useful in Tournament-style setup where all players are on foot and the item itself is not at risk. This also doesn't erode the market for wands in one night.

It's so very discouraging for a new player to come up on somebody in the field who is unkillable. With stackable potions you have characters running around with 150+ potions on them, wands, armor, etc. On the field, who the fuck wants to take the time to drain your opponent through all of his cure pots before a heal/stun has a chance for a kill? In addition to wands, armor, and weapons getting nerf'd. The most simple suggestion to fix this issue: Make full potions weigh 2 stones, and empty bottles weigh 1 stone. This effects field PVP but DOES NOT effect tournament PVP, as resources are generally not consumed.

You should never have to pay more than 10k to field a viable character in UO, but you should always have the option to use your gold as a resource to fund PVP, in tournaments. The invincible should be stricken to tournaments, where without their million dollar equipment they are normalized with the everyman of field PVP.
That says a lot about how you care more about the health of the PVP scene than what you've worked hard to attain man.

There are too many pros to wands and not enough cons. They just seem so entrenched in PVP here that a complete removal would be dangerous. You're an old school guy and you remember verite runic weapons were just fine before the wand hysteria and hybrid armor. In tournaments, particularly 1v1's, I think greater strength should be considered "runic armor", only allowed when runic weapons are allowed. For such a "skill based" template it's really surprising alchy stuns can't fight a dexer when STR pots are added to the duel ruleset. STR pots are critical for dexers to get maximum damage out of their template. I do however, disagree with your hit rate suggestion. I think it's fine the way it is. Dexers also get greater agility and strength potions if they really want to swing at a higher rate.

Pros:
No magery needed - This should not be nerfed
Cannot be disrupted
Cast while moving
Do not require mana

Cons:
You have to farm them
Or be rich

My suggestions to bring Hybrid back to the glory days of PVP:

1. Nerf Wands
- make the player stop to cast using a wand and allow them to be disrupted

2. Unbless Hybrid AR
- compensate those who spent the gold on it (maybe a CUB return barrel where 1 piece is worth 250,000 emblems)

3. Unbless valorite faction weapons
- compensation not necessary here

Main Objectives
1. Limit the stock a player can field with.
2. Level the playing field for old and new players in field and tournaments.
3. Respect that people have already spent hard earned gold and time to attain these luxury items.
4. Maintain these items as objects used in PVP, but make them high risk high reward items in the field.
5. Allow dexers and hybrid mages the opportunity to compete on a fair playing field in 1v1 tournaments.

I'm sorry shard.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
no body knows what you are talking about
You posted a post-hoc screenshot of my corpse, as Mickey has done, and you blatantly lied about your death. Notice how your corpse was gray to me, meaning that you had either flagged against me (which is what actually happened when you tried to 2v1 me) or were gray for another reason. Notice also that your corpse is outside of the house. If you're going to be deceptive, use that pea brain for at least a moment to think about whether your lie makes sense.

lol here fine.. all the cards on the table.

01-11-2015 23.59.09.jpg 01-12-2015 00.17.54.jpg 01-12-2015 00.20.56.jpg

Get you some rest kid... Judgment day for val weapons is upon us and the days of robocop will be at an end.

#equalrightsforallpvpers

You came back on so many chars i ran out of mana and stock and you basically killed a char that couldnt defend himself. Sulk in your pride and know the end is near.
Lee 3 - Pete 1

Vizeroth

Sorceror
lol, it's cute that you post these screenshots as though anyone should care about your ganks. I died four times and I took three of you with me BY MYSELF. You're all fucking trash. You also had so much loot on your corpse that I had to gate it out, so spare me further lies about how you couldn't defend yourself in your 2v1.

And what do you think is going to happen even if they do remove blessed valorites, you simpleton fuck? THIS VERY THREAD was created before valorites were blessable, rofl. You're an insect. Just accept it.

D_Loc24

Sorceror
lol here fine.. all the cards on the table.

View attachment 91372 View attachment 91373 View attachment 91374

Get you some rest kid... Judgment day for val weapons is upon us and the days of robocop will be at an end.

#equalrightsforallpvpers

You came back on so many chars i ran out of mana and stock and you basically killed a char that couldnt defend himself. Sulk in your pride and know the end is near.
Lee 3 - Pete 1

HaHa Looks like you rocked that robo cop newbie! FYI Genocide Pete cannot pvp with a mage char is his life depended on it.... Worthless Dex Nub!

You are a one trick pony, genocide. You run, then wand, then bandy and then return to pot down a mage with no mana. It's the same thing over and over and over. Simple minds rely on simple methods I guess.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
You are a one trick pony, genocide. You run, then wand, then bandy and then return to pot down a mage with no mana. It's the same thing over and over and over. Simple minds rely on simple methods I guess.
It's entertaining listening to a ganking, house-hiding bitch try to trivialize my playstyle. Just accept your inferiority, little guy. You'll feel so much better about the entire situation.

It's entertaining listening to a ganking, house-hiding bitch try to trivialize my playstyle. Just accept your inferiority, little guy. You'll feel so much better about the entire situation.

no need for name calling.
I wouldn't one v one any Alchy dexxer in the field that carries Verite or better weapons. It's suicide and it's not very fun. Similarly, I wouldn't one v one any tamer. But watching you flame up because of a gank is pretty fun.

AND It doesnt take pvp skill to press your attack last hot key. Bitch

D_Loc24

Sorceror

Lols, Says the noob dexer that can't pvp with a real char.. Besides there is nothing to prove to you by fighting your robocop char because once you get rocked there's nothing worth looting off your sorry ass...o_O

Vizeroth

Sorceror
no need for name calling.
I wouldn't one v one any Alchy dexxer in the field that carries Verite or better weapons. It's suicide and it's not very fun. Similarly, I wouldn't one v one any tamer. But watching you flame up because of a gank is pretty fun.

AND It doesnt take pvp skill to press your attack last hot key. Bitch
I feel as though I've stated it a hundred times, but I don't expect anyone to 1v1 me at this point; most of you lack what it takes for a 2v1, let alone what I'd do to you by yourselves. So yes, grab a friend. Grab three if you need that kind of handicap. Just never forget that, when all is said and done, you're nothing more than a face in the crowd. If that bothers you, stop making excuses and improve your game.