UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Genocide pete aka red robo cop

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
It's odd that one of your complaints is that people don't die, yet you wish to limit the effectiveness of wands and the availability of runic weapons, both of which facilitate killing people. Most of your comments seem to stem from an armchair general who is completely out of touch with the game he's trying to critique. But hey, let's test your theory about whether a dexxer is "bad" if he can't kill a mage while not using potions, because that sounds like an amusing way to prove my point.

Message me on AIM so we can arrange this (and so I can buy your silver).
you wanna play the mage or the dexer? I'm a little confused by your request. something tells me you heard no potions but you wanna use wands, which is actually kind of adorable and would prove the armchair general to be correct ;)

as far as runic weapons, the only reason valorites have any place in field combat is because of blessed armor and blessed armor alone. verites were more than enough man and you know this, but once they fucked up and made that "hybrid armor" shit there had to be an equal change to make them killable. basically you can't justify unblessing hybrid armor unless you couple it with unblessing valorites. you have to admit that if you do not own blessed valorites or blessed armor you're at a severe handicap fighting against them on the field. making the game more pay for play.

oh and the silver, join the waiting list or show some initiative <3

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
I can already tell by the tone of this thread there is no room for positive suggestions regarding PVP in this community at this point in time. Those who have lobbied to create this playground have soiled the integrity of what this shard once was. It wasn't one person who is responsible for this. But hey, this shard may just be meant as a playground for the rich. It's a sad fall from the glory it once was. Until that's addressed you'll see me and about 20+ other people sticking to tournaments where the playing field is more fun, universal, and convenient.

#armchairgeneral

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I can't fathom how you came to the conclusion that they allowed valorites to be blessed in order to counter a handful of people wearing Hybrid plate armor...the notion seems so ridiculous and doesn't even deserve the effort of a counterargument. Here is what I will admit: I would not want to fight another dexxer in the field AT ALL, regardless of his equipment, because neither of us are going to kill the other regardless of our weapons. Given the mechanics of the game, the equipment of opposing dexxers is essentially moot.

As for dexxers vs mages, I haven't heard a compelling argument to make me feel that the upgrade to valorite from verite has warped PVP. Mages received a significant buff when leather armor was made reparable and not a word of opposition was heard, but people flipped their shit when a slightly stronger weapon was made available to faction dexxers. The people involved in this argument aren't constructing arguments from a rational standpoint, they're simply speaking out against improvements to a build that they don't play.

And obviously, you will be playing the dexxer, I will be playing the mage, and no one will be using wands. It's hard to show initiative when you never seem to be logged into AIM. Send me a message.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Mages received a significant buff when leather armor was made reparable
100% correct, that's fucked man. damaged armor is one of the main components of playing a macer character.

you dissect my writing like my girlfriends back in high school ;/

I'd be down to do some old school fights with ya man, get ahold of me. I switched to skype so my bad for being a dick about that. I don't think you're the problem if anything you're one of the few people who adapt to the changes. The problem is most people would rather quit and play UONoobsForever than adapt, and I personally am just too lazy to actually care about field fights as a solo player when it's just a chug/wandfest. I fuckin miss spamming "1v1 no pots nub" and "lolol u chugged". I don't have the desire to be robocop :(

I can tell you (as a pure mage pvper) that blessed valorites and hybrid plate combined are ridiculous. Being able to repair leather armor is basically irrelevant. Ive faught you guys ( pete, quintis, erwin, angry, whoever else) with GS and full invul suits on and still have been hit for +80%. Not to mention the ability to bola. I consider myself one of the better active alchy mages on the server and the only way to compete with a hybrid plated valorite carrying alchy dexxer is to run/gank.

ALSO the addition of having purple potions attack blues out of town has only made it harder for blue alchy mages.

I would agree that I am biased to alchy mages, but the only solution I could fathom would be to introduce a mage version of hybrid armor.
Until then I will try to make friends with all the alchy dexxers

Vizeroth

Sorceror
You must recognize the absurdity of the notion that upgrading from verite to valorite made the dexxer vs mage match-up unplayable for you. It's a slight damage increase.

I do agree that potions shouldn't have been made to hurt blues, though (unless a blue aggressor had already flagged against his blue target).

You must recognize the absurdity of the notion that upgrading from verite to valorite made the dexxer vs mage match-up unplayable for you. It's a slight damage increase.

I do agree that potions shouldn't have been made to hurt blues, though (unless a blue aggressor had already flagged against his blue target).

It's not simply the valorite upgrade. It's a combination of all the advantages that are given to dexers.
Blessed runics
No dex loss plate blessed
Bolas
3 forms of healing (for Mage dexxers)

Stun mages get potion dmg reduction and basic inability to be useful out of town/duel pits due to flagging blues. And we have virtually no armor to prevent HIGH dmg defense. GS armor is too expensive and too hard to come by to use in field application and still yields limited dmg defense vs valorite.

Mages are certainly more viable in group pvp with the ability to synchronize damage. But in solo man Vs man field pvp alchy dexxers are superior. I wouldnt say that it makes mages unplayable. But I would say that a superior skilled Mage would likely lose to a less skilled dexxer more often than not.

I think you, quintis, Erwin, angry, hammered Hannah would wreck me be my Alchy stun (which I play almost exclusively) but I could go toe to toe with any of you on my Alchy dexxer (with similar weaponry).

I can't blame anyone for taking advantages that are available to them. Just my opinion.

I vote change nothing and keep bleeding players but keep a handful of dexxers happy. Seems to be working out alright. Hell I suggest adding a step up from valorite. I want to see diamond weapons and/or undine hybrid armor. Greater greater heal wands. Chain lightning wands.

I would like to see the addition of some armor peircing flame strike wands and maybe even light sabers.
Perhaps I can add it to my Christmas wish list I mailed to Santa. He still owes me a girlfriend and a motorcycle from last year.

Valentino

Sorceror
That says a lot about how you care more about the health of the PVP scene than what you've worked hard to attain man.

I don't know what the optimal give/take is, all I'm saying is I'm willing to negotiate to get better pvp, but I'm not giving up my stuff unless the server reforms some other lame aspects of pvp. I'll give up my lame stuff if other people give up theirs, but good luck, people are used to one button wand synchs they would never give that up.

| Destroyer |

Sorceror
Dexxers have zero supplies? I guess no dexxers carry regs, pots, wands. Genius... You sir should not enter the pvp forum, as you have never contributed to any sort of pvp, except maybe being easy wins in a duel.
Bro, we get it - you're fat and love the cock in your butthole.

1v1 for mils right meow. Meet Valhalla and get dirted like last time. Want the vids?

Bro, we get it - you're fat and love the cock in your butthole.

1v1 for mils right meow. Meet Valhalla and get dirted like last time. Want the vids?
Yeah. Well, I don't deny you spanked me the last time we dueled. I have that on video too if anybody wamts to see it. Straight ass whooping. That's the difference here, if I get whooped I don't try to deny it. I learn from it and try to get better, but it seems everybody else on this server is in such denial that they cannot admit when they get their asses handed to them.

Perhaps someday I'll be able to consistently beat you, but currently I'm not quite able to.

I have never got on the forums to question anyone's skill. That is changing today after what saw from geno today. I had 8 faction guards boxing him while i was dumping with 3 other blues and he sat there until he finally decided disarm and stam through. He ran outside speed hacked away from 8 blues stopped....i stunned him everyone dumped....i para everyone dumped....i para again and he finally went down. If this situation isn't resolved i would hate for everyone else on this server to take him as a example of how to fight and decide to just cheat too.

I have never got on the forums to question anyone's skill. That is changing today after what saw from geno today. I had 8 faction guards boxing him while i was dumping with 3 other blues and he sat there until he finally decided disarm and stam through. He ran outside speed hacked away from 8 blues stopped....i stunned him everyone dumped....i para everyone dumped....i para again and he finally went down. If this situation isn't resolved i would hate for everyone else on this server to take him as a example of how to fight and decide to just cheat too.

hes not cheating man, hes just a product of unbalanced changes made to the server.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
hes not cheating man, hes just a product of unbalanced changes made to the server.
Except I was using Iskariot, who had a gold runic hammer and only one piece of Hybrid plate. I'd say it's more likely that you're both a product of extreme incompetence self-obfuscated by rationalization.