UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Forum Update #2

Re: Forum Update #2

Flipper;1506664 said:
yeah rules are rules

r33n;1506644 said:
But if they are the rules, we gotta stick to them I guess.
rules can also be stupid and made for stupid reasons ;)

regardless of the way i feel about a rule it is still my job to enforce them as a moderator

Countessa;1506213 said:
Once upon a time, this was the rule everyone followed. Politics and religion were never discussed in polite company, and never with strangers. They are the two things in life almost everyone has a strong opinion about.

i am glad that shit is over

what thread/threads made he wanna make it so we cant talk about it?

i remeber when ryan did this with drug talk on forums he had a good reason cause of a thread talking about eating shrooms or some shit

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Vas Griffith;1507675 said:
We should just get rid of the starbucks forum all together then.

We are launching an alternative soon...

What does that mean? Or is it super secret and I should of chose invisible in that super powers thread to find out?

_Cyan_

Wanderer

I don't mean to be one for the obvious, but it seems Ryan is breaking his own rule with his sig....???? Just thought I would mention that. Let the ban ensue....

Daiju

Wanderer

_Cyan_;1508966 said:
I don't mean to be one for the obvious, but it seems Ryan is breaking his own rule with his sig....???? Just thought I would mention that. Let the ban ensue....

LoL!

If you are a "Moderator, GM, or Seer" you can do whatever you want. I'm just coming off a ban for having, "Bad Manners." The only text I got about the ban? "Fucking learn some manners!"
Funny? Maybe, but it's thier forum so roll with the punches or go find another forum.

Fain

Sorceror

destrogalx;1509083 said:
Anyway, I think this rule is bullshit the way it is just stated blankly without any explination of why it had to be implemented. If you want a supporting community, I don't understand why you wouldn't let them know more about your decisions. I mean the players use the boards more than you do, so why wouldn't you let them make the decsion?

I wouldn't speak like this to someone if I was a guest in their home.

zlatan fulgere

Sorceror

destrogalx;1509083 said:
So, in other words, we can't talk about real life issues any more? May I ask why this is needed? Next it will be "You can no longer talk about real events any longer. We will only permit those that occur secured within the ever-so-solid walls of UO. In other words, the ones that we can control and relate to, always."

Anyway, I think this rule is bullshit the way it is just stated blankly without any explination of why it had to be implemented. If you want a supporting community, I don't understand why you wouldn't let them know more about your decisions. I mean the players use the boards more than you do, so why wouldn't you let them make the decsion?

The reasons and counter-points are obvious... or should be.

Lynyrd

Knight

destrogalx;1509083 said:
I mean the players use the boards more than you do, so why wouldn't you let them make the decsion?

Probably because we aren't the ones forking out the cash to keep it running.

hehe it's always tricky when you are running a community with what rules and regulations to put in place. It's not all black and white, there are shades of grey. I look forword to seeing what exactly Ryan was talking about.

Mythra

Sorceror

Since it's totally our choice to click and read any single thread made here, and to post or respond, I'm guessing it didn't have anything to do with the posters or players. Ryan must have been getting flack from other venues he can't discuss.