UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Forum Update #2

creap

Sorceror
Re: Forum Update #2

Politics and religion discussions always end up creating alot of hot headed arguements becuase each party (in their own mind) is absolutely right and cannot be swayed. If you just want to argue go spit in a cops face and try to grab his gun, then try to argue your way out of getting arrested. I actually hold this rule to my real life, I refuse to discuss politics or religious views with people.

Mara

Knight

Might have something to do with not wanting to deal with being a political organization. Since they do accept donations, who knows what kind of trouble some asshole lawyer could come up with for the shard. Sort of like if they allowed you to sell accounts for real money, people could argue Ryan was running a gambling site.

Or maybe he is just sick of seeing this shit. I was starting to get annoyed too (at myself for wanting to post).

Zippy

Razor Creator

Engage;1505763 said:
You can still use the off topic forums for topics other than UO/Gaming. Just don't use it for discussion about politics or religion.

qft It's not rocket surgery.

Jayooo

Wanderer

so wait, no more politic discussion on this forum meaning everywhere? even starbucks which is supposed to be basically other types of discussion besides gaming, or am i misunderstanding?

Jayooo;1506011 said:
so wait, no more politic discussion on this forum meaning everywhere? even starbucks which is supposed to be basically other types of discussion besides gaming, or am i misunderstanding?

yes it means everywhere, including starbucks ^_^

Flipper

Knight

ITS REALLY NOT THAT DIFFICULT

DONT TALK ABOUT THE TWO THINGS RYAN SAID NOT TO TALK ABOUT

SERIOUSLY MAN

Countessa

Knight

creap;1505849 said:
I actually hold this rule to my real life, I refuse to discuss politics or religious views with people.

Once upon a time, this was the rule everyone followed. Politics and religion were never discussed in polite company, and never with strangers. They are the two things in life almost everyone has a strong opinion about.

:tup: Ryan

Mara

Knight

Far more quality debate occured here than Ive seen in the last ten years of tv debates. The venue is fairly irrelevant.

r33n

Knight

The 4 Star General;1506466 said:
lawl@the arguers

As if you will convert people on a UOforum. Get a clue.

We aren't trying to convert anyone. There are a few of us that like to talk about and debate current events. I am not trying to convert anyone into my type of thinking, it is just a fun thing to talk about.

r33n;1506571 said:
We aren't trying to convert anyone. There are a few of us that like to talk about and debate current events. I am not trying to convert anyone into my type of thinking, it is just a fun thing to talk about.

qft plus those thread are interesting

r33n

Knight

Not to mention more important than any other thing that is posted in starbucks.

Politics run the world we live in. ;\

But if they are the rules, we gotta stick to them I guess.

Flipper

Knight

yeah rules are rules

i think the politics threads were the most intelligent threads to ever grace these forums... i must say it:

Rest in peace, "The Intelligent Age" (from the re-emergence of politics threads (marking the end of the "New Less Ban-Happy Mods and Death of Esk Era") in early 2006-July 23, 2007)

know your uog forum history, kids