UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Fisherman Template Help

Re: Fisherman Template Help

I cant believe I missed an entire conversation about fishing :p I have a fisher/archer and i am always down for some fishing! Especially group fishing!

Barnicoat

Knight

Shes a pretty decent conversation for having only wanted a little help with a template. Tis good though. Things are coming along, hopefully in the next few days, it will be fishing time.

Excellent to have another fisher around. I'm going to start training archery tomorrow.

Barnicoat

Knight

Fishing is 72 now, getting it up to 80, then going to train archery/tactics/anatomy/resist. Then we'll be good to go.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in a fishing guild? The only trace of others that I can find is random threads mentioning starting a fishing guild from 2008...and as far as I know, one does not exist.

I'm probably going to start one soon... so if anyone is interested, maybe leave a note here so I know what I'm working with. And in case anyone cares, joining said guild if said guild was to exist would not be a prerequisite to going on awesome group fishing trips :p

i would join! but i have a 2-4 month obligation coming up where i wont be able to play, but after that, definitely!

Barnicoat

Knight

Awesome. I imagine it would be pretty casual anyway. I plan on making several fisherman anyway, just to find out once and for all what each template is really like. So that'll keep me busy for a week :p

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

I would probably join if the guild had a good name and abbreviation. I still need to make a fisher, but if dog form works out, I can just put it on my new ninjer.

Barnicoat

Knight

Things are coming along. Almost GM archery and anatomy, bout 70 tactics and resist is bout 50.

Barnicoat

Knight

Ahoy! Skills arn't quite ready yet, but I'm out fishing now, been out for awhile, no serpents or chests or anything yet, but I will keep trying for a little longer before heading back to continue training.

Also planning on creating the guild in the next day or two.

Barnicoat

Knight

Wo0t! Was sailing just off the coast of Moonglow and spotted a Kraken. Stood by the mast to avoid physicla damage and managed to kill it with archery. Dropped 200-300 gold, some arrows, some rope and a special green net.

First taste of action on the seas!

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

Careful with those nets, they can yield some nasty situations. I don't know why, but it always seems like the waters just out of Britain have more serpents when I fish.

Barnicoat

Knight

Ok thanks, I went out to sea at 80 fishing, im now almost 91 and no serpents or nets or anything, so...i might head over to that brit spot and try. Might save the nets until you or someone else are free to come maybe.

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

The nets spawn random groups of sea monsters. Sometimes you'll get one water elemental and other times you'll get 3 krakens. I think there was an event a long time ago where we tossed like 100 green nets and one fabled or something.

Barnicoat

Knight

Hah cool. Krakens are fine. It'd just be the sheer numbers that'd get me. Like if there were 4 serpents and some water eles or seomthing.

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

Yeah, if you toss them one at a time, it's usually fine. It's pretty fun to toss a bunch when you have a group though.

Barnicoat

Knight

Dude! Just got a serpent rofl....just off Britain ;) That scared the hell out of me, wasn't expecting it lol.

Easy to kill though, which is good. No nets, just lvl 1 map.

just a heads up, check your stack of arrows before you start tossing nets, or going on long trips. :D otherwise, you might end up a ghost!

Barnicoat

Knight

Thats a good point actually hehe. Up to 3rd serpent now, this one dropped a net.

and...also got a visit from GM Nestor hehe, twas awesome.

EDIT: wo0t just got my first big fish :D

Barnicoat

Knight

Wo0t, just made 100 fishing. Wow, it gets pretty slow after 85 :p still good though.

8 serpents, 2 nets (+1 from wandering kraken)