UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Fisherman Template Help

Barnicoat

Knight
Fisherman Template Help

It's coming along, but need more advice. Making a template for fishing and getting the loot that comes along with it (and fighting the monsters)

It's either:

fishing
magery
eval
resist
meditation
archery
chiv

OR

fishing
magery
eval
resist
meditation
music
provo

Any advice on which might work better and also how to distribute stats for both of them and if I was to have chiv, would I need to GM it, or would lower work fine?

argile

Sorceror
Re: Fisherman Template Help

I personally would go with the archery. 80 chiv still works for enemy of one and concentrate weapon as well as healing and curing unless your lethaled. (But you still have magery just in case) I don't like provoke only because of the situations where you only have one tough monster and nothing to provoke it on. Then your stuck just using magery to kill it. Either template would work ok but just my 2 cents.

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

For basic fishing, almost any template will do. I do mean ANY template. If it can fish, deal damage, and heal, you'll be fine. This includes primarily using potions or Ninjutsu for throwing darts and shuriken. I've never fought a Leviathan, so I'm not sure how tough he is.

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

Magery would be plenty for all sea serpents, deep sea serpents, water elementals, and krakens. The serpents and elementals will cast weak magic slowly. The Kraken hits very very hard, but all you have to do is position yourself properly on your boat to avoid it. Unless there have been recent changes that I'm unaware of, this is all you will find on the seas.

I fully support a maxed out and awesome fisherman, though. I just wanted it to be clear that you don't need to stress over points and gear for it. Go for the big one, hunt the Leviathan, get the ghost ship anchor, be a badass. Magery will be plenty to kill everything else.

Barnicoat

Knight

For sure man. May even try one setup and then switch things around a bit if it's not ideal. I kinda want this one to be mint and efficient...a fisherman dedicated to owning. Let me know if you want to go fishing anytime, I'll be ready in a few days probably.

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

As a matter of interest, how many active fisherman do we have around here? Would anybody be interested in organizing some fishing trips, events, guilds, or general chatter about life on the seas?

Barnicoat

Knight

That would be cool... I've never played a fisherman before... Has potential to be really really awesome though. By the way, does music generally raise INT very much. Because I've gone from 20-45 with no raises...

LaRue

Squire

Fencermonkey;730045 said:
As a matter of interest, how many active fisherman do we have around here? Would anybody be interested in organizing some fishing trips, events, guilds, or general chatter about life on the seas?

me me me.. of course..
i have a peace/fisherwoman .. would be pirate if I ever saw anyone else in fel waters :p

argile

Sorceror

I have a fisherman as well but I don't really use him. In this situation though I would be sure to brush up his skills and get his pole out.

LaRue

Squire

argile;730050 said:
I have a fisherman as well but I don't really use him. In this situation though I would be sure to brush up his skills and get his pole out.

giggles.. I so could make this naughty but out of respect for my friend I will be a good girl!!

LaRue

Squire

Fencermonkey;730054 said:
You're so silly, LaRue. I still need to make my fisher, but I can't decide what I want him to do.

thanks do I need to crack my whip!!!!... start deciding we have events to plan;)

LaRue

Squire

Fencermonkey;730054 said:
You're so silly, LaRue. I still need to make my fisher, but I can't decide what I want him to do.

hmm how about play with poles.. rofl.. lmao..

damn I funny and original..

yep dats me:eek:

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

Fine, fine. I'll make a stealth/ninja fisherman and the Lucky Crab will give out a 50k gold (or something) prize to whoever brings in the biggest fish each month?

Barnicoat

Knight

I've been training Provo....it's kind of irritating to train... now that's ironic. Might switch to ninja and chiv or archery and chiv or something.

Best way to train chiv/ninjitsu?

LaRue

Squire

I got a big fish for you fencer.. and the Lucky Crab is the schnizzle.. only way I like getting crabs and being crabby yeah Im a dork!! what are you gonna do about it!!:rolleyes:

Bama

Bug Huntress

Barnicoat;730063 said:
I've been training Provo....it's kind of irritating to train... now that's ironic.

You do know that you are in an alliance that has Fred Norris/Glxwill in it
he will and can hook you up just fine for your skill training