UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Euro 2008

Oaks

Knight
Re: Euro 2008

Thank you Holland, you showed some wonderful football in this championship but the Russians completely deserved to win that game. Unbelievable how much energy those Russian footballers have. Best European Championship in a long time this one :)

[Drakull]

Knight

Well... considering that Portugal is out... Netherland is out (Russia won them today), and there are only 5 teams remaining:
Germany
Turkey
Russia
Spain/Italy

I would say that the winner of the championship could be Germany or Spain.
Turkey has won (in the penalties round) and Russia also won after playing 120 minutes and a lot of suffering, meaning that both teams are really hurt physically... and also have a few players out from the semifinals due accumulating yellow cards, so they won't have it that easily in the semifinals.
Germany seems to be a favourite against Turkey, and Spain (if as expected wins Italy), will play against Russia... who they already beaten down in the previous match 4-1...

M

Maveick

3-1 Russia vs Holland! Nice game! So hard for the Russian trainer to play agains his own country.

[Drakull]

Knight

Razer13;405038 said:
yep penalties are just a matter of luck
Yep...penalties are a matter of luck... the luck to have a referee who didn't want to see the three penalties that Italy did to Spain in the first half of the game.... or like stopping the game on minute 90 when Spain was counter attacking to let an italian player "recover" from an unexisting fault....

Or the luck of having a goaler that stopped two of the penalties Italy throwed...

Ugly game, even worse referee but fair result.

ultimastu

Wanderer

Agreed.

Have been following the Euro08 religiously as a neutral (Being English). Im shocked at the results upto now :eek:

Seriously cannot believe Turkey's luck. If anyone missed it, check the highlights of the Turkey, Croatia match and check out the last kick of the game... The keeper booted the ball from his box into Croatia's box, and the ball got volleyed into the back of the net.

That was 2 minutes after the end of extra time and made it 1-1, and Turkey went on to win on penalties.

So whos people betting on to win now? Spain, Germany, Russia and Turkey to go...

I hope Spain win myself... being a Liverpool fan, it's nice seeing our guys in there (Torres, Alonso...)

Drakull, 2 of these 3 "penalties" were simulates. And when Villa is as bad as Ronaldo, he won't get anything.

Since you know a lot about football, you sure know Stoichkov, right? He could be even killed but he woulndn't get penalty cause he was simulating like those 2 above.

Steven_Greer

Sorceror

Penalty kicks or not, Italy pretty much collapsed in their end and blocked shot and took them and had little to no offense aside from occasional counters. Spain out possessed and out played them and were unfortunate to not have a few calls go their way.
Either way the team I felt deserved the win, got it so i can't complain :)

Steven_Greer

Sorceror

Oh as for the finals I think it will be Germany vs Spain which would be a good game, but turkey and Russia have surprised us before so i'm not putting any wagers on it :p

ServiuS

Sorceror

ultimastu;405067 said:
Agreed.

Seriously cannot believe Turkey's luck. If anyone missed it, check the highlights of the Turkey, Croatia match and check out the last kick of the game... The keeper booted the ball from his box into Croatia's box, and the ball got volleyed into the back of the net.

That was 2 minutes after the end of extra time and made it 1-1, and Turkey went on to win on penalties.

Luck? dude luck happens 1 times maybe 2 times but it happend 3 times and you sayin still luck,dont make me laugh..they have big hearts,they never accept to be surrender,they are always keep pushing and they are deserved to respect.If they are loss against to germany i will applaud to them. (sorry about my poor eng.) btw turkey have 5 injury and 3 card penalty player it means turkey will play with just 15 player (11 first team 4 substitute).