UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Euro 2008

Oaks

Knight
Euro 2008

I'm sure there are some European players on this shard following this massive football event at the moment.

Had a great evening yesterday drinking, shouting, celebrating and watching Holland scoring 3 goals against current World Champion Italy. Fantastic game played by both sides.

Can't wait for the match against France Friday, would be nice if we could defeat two World Champions in a row :cool:

Re: Euro 2008

Its good Holland won, although I support Italy. This was what Donadoni (the Italian Team Manager) needed in order to start fielding the better players instead of the crappy ones.

I also hope Holland win against France. So they will meet Italy in the later stages of the knockout phase. The two upcoming matches will be the ' do or die ' situation Italy needs to be in to perform.

Goodluck to Holland, great team but remember Italy are the World Champions and they will demonstrate it in the upcoming matches :)

uome

Bug Hunter

I'm not showing as much interest as usual because of Englands misserable performance in the qualifiers.
But once it gets into the knockout phase i may watch a few games.
I also will be following holland with interest as i have a friend who is dutch. Go Holland!

Steven_Greer

Sorceror

I was impressed by Netherlands' performance and glad since I made 20$ off my Italian friend that had a little bit too much pride and made a bet that he lost =]

On a less related note:
I think Germany having Podolski and Klose is kind of unfair to Poland as they're 2 amazing players that are Polish born and speak Polish to each other but play on the German team. That and Podolski has scored 11x in 11 games for Germany in this Euro cup ( including the qualifying). Klose won the golden boot in the '06 world cup if i'm not mistaken and has something like 10 world cup goals :/

Oaks

Knight

Germany is always efficient in football but they always have the luck in my opinion of being put against the "easier" opponents, meaning they always get quite far.

Back home in Holland people don't even care any more apparently about how far they will get, beating Italy was celebrated like they had won the cup already. To be fair I couldn't believe we hit the net 3 times. But more importantly I enjoyed watching it, even if we would have lost with 6-0. Highly entertaining game from both sides.

And yeah, shame about England since I am half English heh. I don't find them playing well though, lots of good players but it's as if there is no "team spirit" or something, I don't know.

Anyone care to place some bets? :D

I'm willing to give Kinnie (I think you're Italian?) 1 mil ingame if they get through the Finals ;)

Vykintas

Sorceror

I am for Holland too. :D And I think that Holland football team have realy good chances to win Euro 2008, because they are playing nice football and they have muscles. :)

Gredras

Sorceror

Steven_Greer;400011 said:
I was impressed by Netherlands' performance and glad since I made 20$ off my Italian friend that had a little bit too much pride and made a bet that he lost =]

On a less related note:
I think Germany having Podolski and Klose is kind of unfair to Poland as they're 2 amazing players that are Polish born and speak Polish to each other but play on the German team. That and Podolski has scored 11x in 11 games for Germany in this Euro cup ( including the qualifying). Klose won the golden boot in the '06 world cup if i'm not mistaken and has something like 10 world cup goals :/

Well I come from Poland and I cannot say that it was unfair. "National" football,basketball etc. teams nowadays rarely consist of 100% players born and raised in the country they represent. The best performer of polish football team in the last match was a Brazilian and team was trained by a dutch coach.

uome

Bug Hunter

Oaks;400106 said:
And yeah, shame about England since I am half English heh. I don't find them playing well though, lots of good players but it's as if there is no "team spirit" or something, I don't know.
I think the problem is with how much they get payed. You shouldn't get payed to play for your country you should do it for pride. It's not like they are poor or anything. Then we might see some passion on the field.

Bets you say? Is it too late to start a sweepstake?

Oaks

Knight

Turkey 3 - Czech Republic 2; that was some intense last minute football, loved it.

And the Swiss beating Portugal 2-0, was anyone expecting that!?

I'm getting prepped up for tomorrow's game Holland - Romenia, though I'm far more inclined to watch the battlefield that will be France vs. Italy :D

Hoping for a draw for those two, Holland beating Romenia = both France/Italy out of the competition. That would be magic.

mantorras

Sorceror

The Czech Turkey match was very entertaining, specially the last half an hour :D
As for Portugal, it was their B team, Ronaldo, Deco etc didn't played, and it's also a bit of a Portuguese mentality, we have already qualified for the other stage so the players weren't really playing to win. Also the referee was shit, always stopping the game for small faults for both teams.

Oaks

Knight

mantorras;401933 said:
and it's also a bit of a Portuguese mentality, we have already qualified for the other stage so the players weren't really playing to win.

Have to say the Swiss were playing better. If you aren't playing to win (despite already being through to next round) you don't deserve the trophy in my opinion.

Mind you, Holland will probably play tomorrow with some of their banksitters. But our coach and everyone in the team have already said they've got a score to settle with the Romanians (a draw and a deafeat to them in the qualifiers). They want to carry on the great footballing they have shown so far. And those banksitters are determined to show what they are capable off.

I'm still hoping for a Portugal - Holland final, their last game against each other and littered with cards was just a poor display of football on both sides. I don't care who wins as long as it is a deserved win (thank god Greece are out already, no offence to any greek players on the shard. Their full defence play is just an eye sore to look at).