UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Euro 2008

mantorras

Sorceror
Re: Euro 2008

Oaks;401943 said:
Have to say the Swiss were playing better. If you aren't playing to win (despite already being through to next round) you don't deserve the trophy in my opinion.

Mind you, Holland will probably play tomorrow with some of their banksitters. But our coach and everyone in the team have already said they've got a score to settle with the Romanians (a draw and a deafeat to them in the qualifiers). They want to carry on the great footballing they have shown so far. And those banksitters are determined to show what they are capable off.

I'm still hoping for a Portugal - Holland final, their last game against each other and littered with cards was just a poor display of football on both sides. I don't care who wins as long as it is a deserved win (thank god Greece are out already, no offence to any greek players on the shard. Their full defence play is just an eye sore to look at).

Well so Holland is also doing what Portugal's coach did, save the good players to avoid any injuries etc and prepare for future games, also it's good not to upset our hosts don't you think :)
The Swiss did played better, and like I said I think it was because of a lack of effort by our team and our coach also wanted to try new stuff with Quaresma and all. I would love to play you guys in the finals, I think we play a lot better with strong attacking teams rather then playing against the Italians for example. If I were to bet on a team to win the Euro besides Portugal I would go for Holland ;)

VenusTheGoat

Sorceror

Yep true, disastrous performance by the Greek players :( Even though our coach is a superb strategist he failed with the roster. He used the same players we had in the team when we won the cup at Euro 2004 (in which time most of the players were already old). We certainly played quite a few good games in the qualifiers but all Greeks were disappointed with our general performance in the end. We definitely didn't deserve to go through.

On the other hand remarks from the press like "Greece should be banned from the tournament while England should take their place" are honestly very degrading. Show some respect for the previous cup holders you effing morons. Just because we failed a couple of games it doesn't mean we cheated our way through the tournament. We even placed first in the qualifiers. No one is pleased with our performance but you just can't be unloading all that crap because of our two poor performances.

Holland and Portugal have very strong teams. They have world class players and in a sense they define football as a sport. Superb plays, lots of goals and spectacular sportsmanship.

Holland is my personal favorite team (after Greece of course :p). Be it a PC game, gameboy, nes, snes etc I would always pick Holland as my team as I worshiped most of the "old" players. Cocu, Stam, Kluivert(!!!!!!!!!), Davids, Overmars, Berkamp to name a few! Team Holland always had a great run both in World and European cups but they have never won a gold metal. Hell, its about time :D

Portugal is a team I like a lot and have great respect. I think they deserve it this year as they were very unlucky four years ago back in their home country.

I also like Turkey. Their last win was IMPRESSIVE to say the least. They're definitely considered an outsider (like Greece in Euro 2004) and to be honest I think our team at that time and theirs right now have similarities. I would love to see Turkey playing in the final and of course winning the cup. Next match will be very hard for them as I've heard they're suffering from a lot of injuries.

May the best team win then :)

Oaks

Knight

Holland won Euro '88 with a beauty of a goal from our current coach, van Basten. Look it up on youtube or something. ;)

Romania performed way below their usual selves last night, I think they completely lost the spirit as soon as Italy scored that penalty and some French dude was send off with a red card.

And France was just playing poorly. I reckon the game might have been different if Ribery (their best player in my opinion) didn't got injured and there wasn't a penalty+red card at just 9(?) minutes or something.

Holland - Italy semi-final anyone? :D

uome

Bug Hunter

Oaks;402769 said:
Holland - Italy semi-final anyone? :D
Realy they shouldn't meet again until the final but i suppose that is because the tournament is being jointly held?
The winner should probably come from that group, it was a tough one.

Razer13

Wanderer

Drakull-demise;402691 said:
Well... first they have to avoid being kicked out by Spain... and it's not going to be easy.

dude Italy are the world champions, it is had for Spain. Italy's football gets better as they progress. it will be very entertaining ;)

psz

Administrator

I don't personally keep up with Euro, as I'm just an American.
CROATIA
Besides, Formula 1 and American Football are more my thing.
CROATIA
The World Cup Qualifiers are also going on, though, on this half of the planet, so I might keep up with that.
TURKEY GOIN' DOWN

I guess I COULD pick just one team, though...

Attachments

• croatian-large-flag-hr.gif
    croatian-large-flag-hr.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 40

[Drakull]

Knight

Razer13;403141 said:
dude Italy are the world champions, it is had for Spain. Italy's football gets better as they progress. it will be very entertaining ;)
Err... Italy BARELY passed, while Spain has won the three matches. And Italy's footbal can be all but entertaining: Italy are usually the masters of the no-playing game: make a goal and close into defense to stop the game and avoid the other team to make a goal.

Drakull-demise;403436 said:
Italy are usually the masters of the no-playing game: make a goal and close into defense to stop the game and avoid the other team to make a goal.
Err your info is old. They don't play like this anymore(my opinion).

inter7

Wanderer

Hi.
Before i show you this photo i like to say that i'm portuguese......

Ricardo is for sure the worst goalkeeper ever defending portuguese colors
:mad: