UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Emo? USA V UK...

Re: Emo? USA V UK...

Chavs....heh. Good to see America's urban marketing and the exploitation of black culture spreading out. That reminds me of when I was watching Balique 13 and those french guys were all wearing basketball jerseys and gold rope chains, listening to thier versions of gansta rap, I lol'd. I don't care what styles you like, I only frown and look down upon ignorance which pervades all cultures and societies. Then again, who likes a whiney-ass? That's probably the problem most people have with "emos".

_Choru_ said:
You insult my maturity then drop to insults about the clothes I wear, its a real shame because the contents of my closet probably cost me more than your annual income.

Probably not, I'm rich bitch, thats why I get to sit around and play UO all day =D

Look, I don't even know you and I am not trying to insult you personally, but rather the trend of "emo," which is downright lame. Either way, maybe we can agree to disagree but you won't convince me people aren't judged by their appearances up until death do us part, because they quite obviously are. Its this human tendency that not only creates racism, but then creates things like affirmative action. Its this human tendency that leads us to look at a bum on the street and shake our heads, even though whos to say he isn't happy.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

AbsolvingReason said:
Chavs....heh. Good to see America's urban marketing and the exploitation of black culture spreading out. That reminds me of when I was watching Balique 13 and those french guys were all wearing basketball jerseys and gold rope chains, listening to thier versions of gansta rap, I lol'd. I don't care what styles you like, I only frown and look down upon ignorance which pervades all cultures and societies. Then again, who likes a whiney-ass? That's probably the problem most people have with "emos".

Chav's are generally white and rather racist.

Sam-hybrid

Knight

chavs are fags, whos only way away from there shit life is to pick a fight and usually ends up 10 on 1...

Trinket

Wanderer

x.y.z said:
chavs are fags, whos only way away from there shit life is to pick a fight and usually ends up 10 on 1...

im a 'chav'. and i still pwn u!
i hate 'chav' its fucking gay southern word. its charva up north, get it right. fookin southerners!
shouldnt it be ned for you anyway xyz? last time i was living in glasgow that was the word.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Grand Alchemy said:
im a 'chav'. and i still pwn u!
i hate 'chav' its fucking gay southern word. its charva up north, get it right. fookin southerners!
shouldnt it be ned for you anyway xyz? last time i was living in glasgow that was the word.

You've just acknowldged the fact that he's scottish and called him a 'fookin southerner' all in the same post.

Amazing.

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

I love living in Devon, our chavs are so softcore, and mostly under 14 so I can beat them up, I like beating up children tbh. :<

Trinket

Wanderer

Wanka said:
I love living in Devon, our chavs are so softcore, and mostly under 14 so I can beat them up, I like beating up children tbh. :<

southern chavs ARE soft ill admit that.. rofl.
northern + scottish ones arent to be messed with though. well not sure about the scottish but last time i was in glasgow they were harder then the southerners. but southerners are soft by definition and all kids anyway. frosty jacks super ftwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yawn

Sam-hybrid

Knight

chav, ned, skeemy, hun, what ever, i use to be a ned aswell but i grew up, i dont want to be classed as some we cunt.

w00tz0r

Wanderer

My opinion on emo is that, infact, it is a genre. Emo is not sitting on your bathroom floor and cutting your wrists; it has nothing to do with suicide. Nor is it kids with long hair that cover their face or boys who kiss other boys. It has nothing to do with wearing tight clothes, or wearing makeup that stands out; girls and boys both. It is not having a hairstyle that is somewhat.. abnormal. Well, to everyone else. I believe that emo in reality is emotion, which all music is. So, if you're going to talk shit about people who listen to "emo music" because you listen to metal, rap, punk, or pop.. just know you're completely oblivious to what you're saying. All in all, just know that if you disrespect me because of my musical tastes I won't want anything to do with you. I will think you are ignorant and hopefully one day you'll realize it. If you would like to argue with me about what I just said, be my guest.

For all you "hardcore" people out there....Emo is short for emotional. But isn't all music emotional? Well, yes, or at least it should be. Originally, emo was short for "emocore," a strain of hardcore punk that was notable for its obsession with feelings (as opposed to politics, anger, and smashing stuff up). Then it started to be applied to bands that weren't punk, to fashion trends, to sad-eyed kids in the back of class.
The following text was written by a man named Andy Greenwald. Take the time to read it. Then, maybe you'll stop being a critic, and you'll think about what you're actually saying to people.

"The word has survived and flourished in three decades, two millenniums, and two Bush administrations. It's older than four baseball teams, six basketball teams, four football teams, and two soccer leagues. It's older than five former Yugoslav republics, the last seven national spelling champions, and Avril Lavigne. It's older than most of its fans.

It's been a source of pride, a target of derision, a mark of confusion, and a sign of the times.

It's been the next big thing twice, the current big thing once, and so totally over millions of times.

And yet, not only can no one agree on what it means, there is not now, nor has there ever been, a single major band that admits to being emo. Not one.

That's pretty impressive. And contentious. And ridiculous. Good thing too--because so is emo.

It's always been mildly derisive, a term used by haters and critics to dismiss something that's overly weepy, self-indulgent, or unironic. Every generation that loves emo bands simultaneously rejects the term while claiming owership of it--meaning even if they won't admit they love emo, they certainly will say how much they hate everything that's been called emo since them. But still, no one knows what it is."

-Andy Greenwald