UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Designing Homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipper

Knight
Re: Designing Homes

Crap, I forgot to post the pics in this thread - I'm outta town now but I'll do it when I get back.

Tessa did an excellent job on my house =)

Countessa

Knight

Thanks Flipper. :)

When you post your screenshots - message your fellow forum mod, Jesse and tell him he is slacking off.
His house was first done and he never did post a screenshot.

:sad:

:D

Caz

Knight

Hey Tessa, do you know any good ways to simulate roofing on a custom house? I couldn't get a classic where I wanted so I got the same size plot and made an almost duplicate.. except the roof :z

Reason mostly being I can't improve much over the classic... I suck at designing.

See my problem? s_s

I could drop it and turn it classic... but I don't want to take the risk ;/

Countessa

Knight

Caz;1394364 said:
Hey Tessa, do you know any good ways to simulate roofing on a custom house? I couldn't get a classic where I wanted so I got the same size plot and made an almost duplicate.. except the roof :z

That looks decent now. There isn't much you can do with classic roofing. The grey castle stone and the sandstone provides angled pieces that can imitate a roof, with a similar stone inside for flooring to blend. I'm don't believe either would look very good on that house, however. You could try bumping up items to make a roof - barrel slats or nets from fishing, opened bedrolls, layered cloth, etc. If you try that you will need to remove the rail, temporarily at least. I'd also add in tall wooden corner posts so it looks like they are holding up your false ceiling.
If it was me, I'd fix the top front corner - the edging on the corner needs to be added with the piece beside it as the window does below it - and then leave it as it is. It looks nice.

pencilbagger-hybrid;1394453 said:
Tessa did a great job on my house.

Thanks pencilbagger. :)

Caz

Knight

Countessa;1394523 said:
That looks decent now. There isn't much you can do with classic roofing. The grey castle stone and the sandstone provides angled pieces that can imitate a roof, with a similar stone inside for flooring to blend. I'm don't believe either would look very good on that house, however. You could try bumping up items to make a roof - barrel slats or nets from fishing, opened bedrolls, layered cloth, etc. If you try that you will need to remove the rail, temporarily at least. I'd also add in tall wooden corner posts so it looks like they are holding up your false ceiling.
If it was me, I'd fix the top front corner - the edging on the corner needs to be added with the piece beside it as the window does below it - and then leave it as it is. It looks nice.

Thanks for the advice! I didn't notice the little corner post was missing, heh :X

<3

Countessa;1386735 said:
The cost to build a plot is reduced by the value of the previous design. Flick had spent a larger amount on the previous design so his update cost was less. His true house value would be closer to 450k or more.

ya it cost me a shit load to put up 2lvls of walls and 2pins to trap mares in :(

Irina

Wanderer

Tessa, you're amazing. If 1/8 of the players on our shards were as generous as you, I'd be in heaven. You do a great job and you're definitely player of the year :)

r33n

Knight

I am much more of a doll than Irina is.

She is the Hillary Clinton of UOG.

She just wants the power.

Stand up to her, my fellow Americans...

I will lead you into the Graceland.

Status
Not open for further replies.