UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise - What's missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightblizz

Wanderer
1. Peerless/Named Monsters/finishing the ML dungeons (Blighted grove, for example, is accessible but empty :p)
2. AI (I want to be nervous when fighting Balrons or AWs again)
3. Magincia Market (This is a new one in the list... and I think it is also something new on OSI, but I think instead of letting Magincia stay a deserted island for a couple of years until this is introduced, you could as well introduce it now - there's too many people who want a luna shop anyway ;) )
People doing Gauntlet spwns post AI implementation are mostly gonna be composed of the 'upper class' players who not only have the player experience of already been doing this for years, but also the necessary equipment (are well off in contrast to other players like myself who brave on on a simple, cheap sampire build). Demise is not very newb-friendly as it is.
That is probably true, but let me quote stratics:
In the corrupted forest of Malas, east of the Necromancer city of Umbra, lies the entrance to the terrible dungeon of Doom. The dungeon is a dangerous place filled with all manner of traps and monsters more vicious than most, but as with most places of evil, Dungeon Doom also holds great riches for those adventurers who dare to enter.
Finally you are at the infamous Gauntlet of Doom. A place of untold riches and an untold number of dead adventurers. [...] If you should happen to die in the Gauntlet, and you most likely will, all hope isn't lost. In the northwestern room lives a kind healer, who will help you find your path back to life for the small fee of 5.000 gold pieces.
Did you also laugh? I sure did. Doom is supposed to be a terrible dungeon? Dangerous? And you WILL die in the Gauntlet? It's actually a walk in the park. In fact, I was doing the Gauntlet for many hours for around 2-3 days until I finally died ONCE. My GD never did.
This place is not supposed to be easy or an artifact factory for newbies. I created my character roughly 4 months ago and still say that. Newbies aren't supposed to get artifacts for killing mongbats, as artifacts should be rare, but good items. You have to work for those, but it will be rewarding. And you know what? I don't understand how Demise isn't newbie friendly... are you playing a mage? If so, then you may be right as playing a mage takes a lot of skill. If you don't have one yet, I suggest making a tamer. Then you can kill the strongest monsters, get gold, buy decent armour and start collecting artifacts yourself.

psz

Administrator
Just to point out a reoccurring redundancy here...

Peerless, crafting quests,ML dungeons, etc.... Are all the same thing: ML Quest System

ItsJerahmy

Sorceror
Just to point out a reoccurring redundancy here...

Peerless, crafting quests,ML dungeons, etc.... Are all the same thing: ML Quest System
Still, a lot of us none trammies are curious where the dev team stands on the issues of factions, champs, and Fel in general on Demise.

Your new here buddy, stance is already known.

I vote you guy's finish fixing the stuff we already still have in need of repair before adding further Mondains content, or fiddling around with what could be construed as SA content. (Big ol Bugger?)

ItsJerahmy

Sorceror
Your new here buddy, stance is already known.

I vote you guy's finish fixing the stuff we already still have in need of repair before adding further Mondains content, or fiddling around with what could be construed as SA content. (Big ol Bugger?)
You're*

Oh and if that is the case, what exactly is their stance?

Hhhhoooooooooolllyyyyy fuuuuuuuuck, just read about more faction updates since I was last on OSI, HOLY FUCK

Please overhaul factions. If not for the meh faction items, but for the color selection for warpony's, blessed gear, faction reprieve, etc.

Faction atrophy after two days of faction inactivity, tithe on kills(last I checkedwe couldn't do this here, perhapsim wrong) and required 300skill pts to join faction boots a lot of killfarmers

ItsJerahmy

Sorceror
Hhhhoooooooooolllyyyyy fuuuuuuuuck, just read about more faction updates since I was last on OSI, HOLY FUCK

Please overhaul factions. If not for the meh faction items, but for the color selection for warpony's, blessed gear, faction reprieve, etc.

Faction atrophy after two days of faction inactivity, tithe on kills(last I checkedwe couldn't do this here, perhapsim wrong) and required 300skill pts to join faction boots a lot of killfarmers
Exactly.

chump

Wanderer
fix
casting, would be nice to have that osi like
champ spawns
tinker trapped boxes

all aos fixes. be nice to get aos right before you worry about anything newer

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror
#1 A good, _stable_ connection, now it's way worse than it was back in 04-06, even though I played a lot on dial-up back in those days.
#2 Quest system

Pont

Knight
I know there are a lot of you who want things done on Demise (code wise) to make the shard more 'authentic' to the OSI experience and as such I want to give you a chance to voice your opinion!

What are the top three features/items/systems (etc..) you see missing on Demise that you'd like to have?

This is your chance, have at it!

• ML Quest System (and those last spell weaving spells)
  • New Player Quests in New Haven
  • Better items in the Demise Store

EvilChild

Knight
1. Fix all of the broken stuff that we currently have that is not updated to OSI specifications
2. Fix all of the broken stuff that we currently have that is not updated to OSI specifications
3. Fix all of the broken stuff that we currently have that is not updated to OSI specifications

ex: broken wands, broken GDs, AI, broken familiars, missing spellweaving spells, casting speeds, pet flagging issues, etc, etc

All of the changes that affect immediate gameplay but people won't support because they don't give shiny new pixels or increase peoples wealth.

Ut Oh

Page
Id like to see just these two things, anything after this would be a bonus..

Gauntlet Point System
ML Quest System

Thanks Ryan :)

Barnicoat

Knight
To everyone saying "fix what we already have",

I'd like to say that this approach did not work a couple of years ago, and it's not working today. (Or should I say the NEW approach IS working, thanks to Xavier.)

If you actually went and looked at everything that was technically not 'OSI-like", you'd probably want to end yourself within an hour.

In the not so distant past, it has been pointed out that things as simple as wool/balls of yarn are not in line with OSI.

Where do you start and stop with this retrospective fixing of everything? You wanna go code some wool/ball of yarn type fixes? :p

There's been more progress here in the last 2 months than the last 2 years, and it's pretty cool. Things were seriously at the point were NONE of these fixes were ever going to get done anyway.

You have to have people willing to test/code/test/test/test etc all these things. Otherwise they'll sit in development for another 2 years, meanwhile nothing new gets implemented into Demise.

I know which way I'd rather have it.

I'm hoping OSI will eventually stop putting in updates, then we will have a chance to catch up! lol

MB

Knight
It's a bit hyperbolic to compare balls of yarn with things like champ spawns and factions that dramatically affect gameplay.

lukin69

Knight
1. Fix all of the broken stuff that we currently have that is not updated to OSI specifications
2. Fix all of the broken stuff that we currently have that is not updated to OSI specifications
3. Fix all of the broken stuff that we currently have that is not updated to OSI specifications

ex: broken wands, broken GDs, AI, broken familiars, missing spellweaving spells, casting speeds, pet flagging issues, etc, etc

All of the changes that affect immediate gameplay but people won't support because they don't give shiny new pixels or increase peoples wealth.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.