UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise - What's missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
I know there are a lot of you who want things done on Demise (code wise) to make the shard more 'authentic' to the OSI experience and as such I want to give you a chance to voice your opinion!

What are the top three features/items/systems (etc..) you see missing on Demise that you'd like to have?

This is your chance, have at it!

ItsJerahmy

Sorceror
Better faction system that encourage people to participate. For example you can buy Doom faction only arties with silver on osi.

That would make me happy as it would allow people to get into pvp a bit faster, and increase the amount of people in factions.

kashmire

Squire
Things I would most absolutelly love to see in demise is:
-Gaunt Point System Atm I'd like to see that before AI even because its already been without AI for so long, at least people like me will have a shot at an arty (Many many many hours at Gauntlet and not a SINGLE artifact ever. If there had been the point system i would've gotten at least 10 by now. Plus, once Ai is implemented sans point system, gauntlet is gonna be left to the flies).
-Craftable Artifacts Useful and fun!
-Bowcrafting & Wood Proprieties I have long awaited for this feature. :) Archery is my favorite skill in the game and Crafting is something I love doing.

Thanks for this opportunity to express our opinion straight up. :)

Cornwallis

Sorceror
Top 3 for my UO Experience:

1) Gauntlet - Needs point system. (Pretty self explanatory)
2) Heritage Tokens to be obtainable (Just like they were in OSI, for everyone to have a chance)
3) Library/Zoo Quests (Donate x amounts of x to brit library or moonglow zoo for x)

Thank you for taking them in consideration! :-D

In order, for me:
  1. Monster AI. Monsters in RunUO are pathetically stupid and easy to deal with compared to on OSI. Any bumps to loot, drops, etc. are basically "free rides" to players unless we have this here first, or at least simultaneous. I want UO to be CHALLENGING.
  2. ML Quest System. Practically all the important things in ML (and maybe SA?) rely on this being in place. It's probably the biggest sticking point for new content; once it's FINALLY in, most of the other content CAN be added pretty piecemeal.
  3. Champion Spawn Fixes. I don't recall just where it stands at the moment, but last I knew there was a lot of problems with how they were handled, including the spawn regions, the advances, kill count required, (I recall something about Candle #13 requiring a Tier-3 quantity of Tier-4 monsters killed...) and so forth.
If I could label a #4, I'd add in the extensions to the crafting system; those I kinda rolled in as "ML content" that relies a lot on #2.

WarUO

Sorceror
1. Quest system
2. Crafting system( all the missing stuff )
3. Skill/stat gain ( garenteed gain system and no time limit on stat gains )

1) ML Quest Engine ---> Peerless & new runics/crafting options.
(new long-term challenges with desirable rewards requiring new strategies, new templates and new ideas = renewed player interest/returning players/new players - and lots more skillballs! ;))

2) Improved AI - Especially for Bosses/Champions/Named Monsters.
(see above: more challenging opposition ---> new tactics, new temps, more teamwork, etc, etc - an opportunity for "better than OSI" here?)

3) Some serious gold sinks.
(to re-balance the economy, offer real reasons to go out and get rich (or regain the fortune you sunk in the sinks...)

FE

PS

4) OSI style NPC vendor system
(to promote more player<->player interaction)

3. Skill/stat gain ( garenteed gain system and no time limit on stat gains )
TBH, for Demise itself, the gauranteed gain for skills isn't necessary at all. If you aren't familiar with OSI... Their overall gains are VASTLY slower across the board. Our gains are fast enough.

4)OSI style NPC vendor system
(to promote more player<->player interaction)
Interesting to note you picked the same first two I did, just in reverse order.

As for this one, I BELIEVE it's already been applied, and hence will be on Demise after next SW. Hence Xavier's comment about the imminent lift on the ban for AFK scribing.

[edit] Also, get on IRC! :p

As for this one, I BELIEVE it's already been applied, and hence will be on Demise after next SW. Hence Xavier's comment about the imminent lift on the ban for AFK scribing.
I think that it's more likely he has just tweaked scroll prices on this occasion. I could be wrong though.

FE

webcorp

Sorceror
My top three

1) Peerless <<< absolutely essential

2) new runics/crafting options. <<< starting from Bowcraft/Fletching

3) Champion Spawns activation ( using Valor virtue to start )

Status
Not open for further replies.