UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise connectivity..

c0d3r

Traveler
I appreciate the time and effort moving to a more stable server... talking to guildmates we have noticed that for us - brazilians - ping increased at least 20ms, lets say a brazilian who used to ping 150ms now ping 175ms, in some case scenarios it is worse (200+)

my question is: have you guys considered a server in NY? overall it should provide lower latency for europeans and brazilians (not sure about asia/china), I understand that it may increase latency for north americans however their ping will probably go from 30 to 60ms (for example), which is still pretty decent in my opinion compared to what most foreigners have. 20ms makes a huge difference on AoS+ servers due to casting speed but it is even worse when you ping 150+.

thanks! :)

Bad Mutha

Sorceror
I appreciate the time and effort moving to a more stable server... talking to guildmates we have noticed that for us - brazilians - ping increased at least 20ms, lets say a brazilian who used to ping 150ms now ping 175ms, in some case scenarios it is worse (200+)

my question is: have you guys considered a server in NY? overall it should provide lower latency for europeans and brazilians (not sure about asia/china), I understand that it may increase latency for north americans however their ping will probably go from 30 to 60ms (for example), which is still pretty decent in my opinion compared to what most foreigners have. 20ms makes a huge difference on AoS+ servers due to casting speed but it is even worse when you ping 150+.

20 ms is indeed a huge diff when you're used to play with over 150

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

We will not be changing the server location.

We have a bunch of Brazilians who play on Hybrid and their overall experience was much better even with a slight ping increase.

We will have a Brazil loginserver if all goes well with the loginserver testing on Hybrid.

-R

Bad Mutha

Sorceror
Could you enlighten me a bit about that loginserver thingy? Basically (if I understand that right) it means you'll have some kind of mini server half way between Demise server and people in Europa/Asia/w/e, making it so people don't have huge packet loss because their route is so long from their home to the server, right? Is that the same thing as what some VPN programs offer, in a way?

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Could you enlighten me a bit about that loginserver thingy? Basically (if I understand that right) it means you'll have some kind of mini server half way between Demise server and people in Europa/Asia/w/e, making it so people don't have huge packet loss because their route is so long from their home to the server, right? Is that the same thing as what some VPN programs offer, in a way?

Our first iteration will be very similar - we will build loginservers regionally that will use our providers private backhaul network to get to the server in Virginia which . The next iteration could be full scale resiliency geographically. We will see.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
@Ryan you left for awhile making some of us think you had given up on this project. But damn you came back with fully loaded guns. Thanks for your hard work. On another note I don't really know what am gonna do anymore my ping went up 10ms from 30 to 40 I don't know how am gonna play with that kind of increased.

Sorry had too. But honestly Ryan and Eos good job.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
@Ryan you left for awhile making some of us think you had given up on this project. But damn you came back with fully loaded guns. Thanks for your hard work. On another note I don't really know what am gonna do anymore my ping went up 10ms from 30 to 40 I don't know how am gonna play with that kind of increased.

Sorry had too. But honestly Ryan and Eos good job.

Honestly this is a very hard job for people who care. When we put a lot of effort into this and the vocal majority does nothing but bitch and moan at us it makes it hard to hang. This time around I've decided that I'm just going to start cutting those people out of the community. They're like cancer and I'm going to be the surgeon.

Thanks for the feedback though... players like you keep us going :) It's not about kissing ass it's honestly just about "getting it" and being respectful which you do.

Last edited:

Ishida_Tom

Squire
Honestly this is a very hard job for people who care. When we put a lot of effort into this and the vocal majority does nothing but bitch and moan at us it makes it hard to hang. This time around I've decided that I'm just going to start cutting those people out of the community. Their like cancer and I'm going to be the surgeon.

Thanks for the feedback though... players like you keep us going :) It's not about kissing ass it's honestly just about "getting it" and being respectful which you do.

I love you.

People crying about a 20-25 ping increase..

I still kick ass with an increase in my ping and you dont hear complaints from me.

If you steadily complain about your ping being so high during pvp, i would suggest you find another thing to do within the UO world.

And for those who say they PvP with 500 ping, you are lieing out your rear end. I experienced first hand 300ping the other day and that was absolute hell for me to fight off 10-12 loop chasing after me. I think if i pinged that much all the time, i wouldnt pvp anymore simply because of the terrible experience.

For those with playable ping, be thankful. I'm more than happy with 50-60ping, even though i had 30-40 sometimes before the server move.

Just remember to be lucky with what you got, and hope for those who do not have what you have. :)

The End.