UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise connectivity..

Toke

Traveler
i run a decent gaming set up with a decent internet speed... my ping is usually below 50..
yet demise seems to be having huge lag spikes and constant crashes... the server is extremely unstable.. my gater crashes every 3 hours.. anyways im hoping staff acknowledges some of this and works on improving the situation. Personally i dont think is too much to ask for as a uogamers: demise supporter.. demise is a very un customized shard with very very very little hosted events so im sure you guys can manage :)
(sorry i forgot to include the half a minute world saves.)
anyways i just wanted to put it out there...

:D sank youuu

Maloskies

Squire
It has been getting ridiculous lately, I try not to complain about it too much, as its a free service, but with the amount of donations they get from the community, I wish it'd at least a bit more stable. The amount of times the server disconnects everyone in a day is in the double digits.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
It's a @Ryan love's hybrid thing. Nothing anyone can do. Demise was meant to be a TC pretty much.

Yet another one of those things where someone doesnt know what they're talking about.

To the rest of you -

Demise is going to get moved just like Hybrid did. The only reason I haven't moved it yet is because I don't want to disrupt the flow of the Demise community. I talked to @Eos about the move last night and we are getting close, it's a matter of making the time to do the work. I know that we make these server moves and big changes look simple because we've been doing this stuff so long, but it's not. It's very time consuming and a lot of work.

We are working on getting Demise moved, your patience is appreciated. I don't just make flippant decisions for Demise the way I do for Hybrid because I'm not as involved in it's day to day operations.

-Ryan

Ajani

Page
Yet another one of those things where someone doesnt know what they're talking about.

To the rest of you -

Demise is going to get moved just like Hybrid did. The only reason I haven't moved it yet is because I don't want to disrupt the flow of the Demise community. I talked to @Eos about the move last night and we are getting close, it's a matter of making the time to do the work. I know that we make these server moves and big changes look simple because we've been doing this stuff so long, but it's not. It's very time consuming and a lot of work.

We are working on getting Demise moved, your patience is appreciated. I don't just make flippant decisions for Demise the way I do for Hybrid because I'm not as involved in it's day to day operations.

-Ryan
so how long til the the move?
Also thank you for your time in making this shard what it is would be a better shard if it was not for the scripters and macroers but we can not have everything we wish for

-Ajani

SuPaaaaa

Sorceror

To the rest of you -

-Ryan
We just love you @Ryan , and wish you would come around more. It would be really cool if you came and did an AMA at Brit Castle sometime.

@Eos that doesn't mean that I don't love you as well :)

Last edited:

silvertiger

Knight
It's a @Ryan love's hybrid thing. Nothing anyone can do. Demise was meant to be a TC pretty much.

I don't just make flippant decisions for Demise the way I do for Hybrid because I'm not as involved in it's day to day operations.

-Ryan
So I'm guessing you meant the second part. If I did the research like @Bama I'm sure I could find several quotes to back it up.
As for the first part, actions speak louder than words.

If I don't know anything it's because I haven't been told or have been told otherwise. Please enlighten me as to what I'm missing. Do you not devote more attention to hybrid? That alone shows where your love is. Is Demise not the TC for all of runuo, the development shard? @Ryan

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
So I'm guessing you meant the second part. If I did the research like @Bama I'm sure I could find several quotes to back it up.
As for the first part, actions speak louder than words.

If I don't know anything it's because I haven't been told or have been told otherwise. Please enlighten me as to what I'm missing. Do you not devote more attention to hybrid? That alone shows where your love is. Is Demise not the TC for all of runuo, the development shard? @Ryan

You can keep this up and find yourself on the outside if you want, I have zero tolerance for this kind of shit.

Demise is not a test center for RunUO development, we shut down RunUO development long ago. Demise is a production shard that we all care very much about. Yes I spend more time on Hybrid than I do Demise, simply because I have not been involved in the day to day operations. It makes it difficult to just jump in and start doing stuff that could be very disruptive. It doesnt mean I love one more than the other.... I'm very proud of what both of them have become.

Tokeman420

Sorceror
You can keep this up and find yourself on the outside if you want, I have zero tolerance for this kind of shit.

Demise is not a test center for RunUO development, we shut down RunUO development long ago. Demise is a production shard that we all care very much about. Yes I spend more time on Hybrid than I do Demise, simply because I have not been involved in the day to day operations. It makes it difficult to just jump in and start doing stuff that could be very disruptive. It doesnt mean I love one more than the other.... I'm very proud of what both of them have become.

we need more staff like you around that don't put up with all the retarded ass bullshit, #teamryan.
anyways keep up the good work brother i havent really ever had complaints about demise how could u its free, and ive been here since 2007.

Maloskies

Squire

To the rest of you -

-Ryan
Where will the west and east coast servers be located?

kolbycrouch

Knight
Hybrid has always been more important.

Look at way back when, when the shard had over 1000 avg online players and demise had less than half still.

It's understandable why, the lead staff played uo during pre-aos I imagine, and are more familiar with that environment.

Which is all fine, but the sheer lack of existence of the main runuo staff on demise for years at a time, has always made this player base feel less important, and nothing that could possibly said now will change how 10 year old vets feel about it.