UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Cracking Down

Code Blue

Knight
Re: Cracking Down

MarcusO said:
Alkiser,

I've been asking for auto-cure to be stopped for months, but your approach to punishment is seriously draconian. By filtering someone's IP you've left them no way to appeal. And what if the GM got it wrong?

I stopped asking for auto-cure to be banned because the folks in this forum convinced me A) it was impossible to be 100% sure someone was auto-curing, and B) it seems very few actually use it. I've only ever seen it on a few reds...where the damn poison bar doesn't even go green before they cure while running flat out...and I'm on uber-cable. Very few do it TBH. Now auto-heal is a different story as most dexers use it, but I see it as the lesser evil.

I recommend you scale back your punishment to fit the crime:

- First Offense: 1 hour of Jail Time and a Note on the Account.
- Second Offense: 1 Week Ban of that particular Account, and a 2nd Note.
- Third Offense: Lifetime Ban of that particular Account.

This way the fag using auto-cure gets two chances to redeem himself. And he only loses one account at a time for repeated abuse.

There's no need to be Saddam about this issue, which is truly minor in the grand scheme of UOG.

They already got it down

You auto-cure you get auto-deletion
better then a ban.

Flipper

Knight

/\/\/\ was that "way too strict" as in critical or "way to be strict" as in positive?

Ah, there can be justice in the world. I am an old school Uo'r..all the way back to beta. In all that time, I have never used any program beyong UOassist in the day and now Razor for anything. Which explains why I am teh suq at PvP I am sure. But nice to see the playing field leveled a bit. Scripting is not skill, niether is the sync dump, but then, some folks need things to make them feel that they are good at something.

uopeasant

Wanderer

Vuldan_Ironhand;1161397 said:
Ah, there can be justice in the world. I am an old school Uo'r..all the way back to beta. In all that time, I have never used any program beyong UOassist in the day and now Razor for anything. Which explains why I am teh suq at PvP I am sure. But nice to see the playing field leveled a bit. Scripting is not skill, niether is the sync dump, but then, some folks need things to make them feel that they are good at something.

Remember when the majority didn't use helpers progs?

If you take a step back and look at PvP scripts, you can see why people don't want to PvP anymore. But, it is understandable that a vintage game like UO can't utilize a persons true gaming "skill." So the only way to get advantage is macros.

Im new to this shard, but it's clear there's no way to go back in time. So why even bother?

And people wonder why the server pops trickle away. It's things like the issues in this thread that make uo a waste of time.