UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Climategate

Re: Climategate

A quick google search for "global warming colder winter" will bring up many articles explaining why you get colder winters with global warming. I couldnt find the article I read a while back, but here is one that touches on what I mentioned earlier.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_thomas_b_070322_global_warming_creat.htm

As for Aerosol cans, they used to carry lots of HFCs which depleted the ozone layer, which in turn let in more UV radiation. Now, I will have to let our climate expert (Howl) speak to that, but I think the electromagnetic radiation that comes from the sun covers the full spectrum - infrared (which is the heat???), visible light, and UV (harmful, cancer causing stuff??). The ozone layer forms at one of the higher layers of the atmosphere and it block UV, not infrared.

I believe there is a relationship between the CO2, ozone layer, UV radiation, and global warming though. Its something like the UV kills the plankton in the oceans, which is responsible for a great deal of the CO2-to-Oxygen transfer that plants do, which in turn leaves more CO2 in the atmosphere, which leads to more global warming.

Also, there was something I read about warmer temps down here in the troposphere caused colder temps up in the top of the atmosphere which reduces ozone creation so its a domino effect.

Like Howl said, the earth is a complex thing. I will let him sort some of this out.

Facko

Sorceror

Howl;671072 said:
Aerosols cool the atmosphere, idiot.

lol, i'm not the one wasting his life on an alarmist scam. it doesn't suprise me that you are considering what kind of person you are. i've kept it all to humor because i know that nothing that anyone says could convince you or the other alarmists in this thread otherwise. for now ill just sit back and let you tell me how wrong i am and enjoy it. i dont really care one way or the other...

I, for one, am a paranoid-cynic-skeptic so I tend to disbelieve everything the mainstream media or the government tells you is actually either some way to scam more of your personal liberties and/or money, or a form of misdirection so you don't pay any attention to what is really going on.

That being said, the job of a skeptic is actually hard work, especially in complex, complicated debates such as global warming. You need to gain some background in physics, chemistry,earth science, etc. so as to understand what they are saying to ultimately determine which part of their argument is bullsh!t.

Without that background, you're just an uneducated moron tossing around an opinion with no backing behind it. (no offense intended)

Facko

Sorceror

weinster666;671153 said:
Without that background, you're just an uneducated moron tossing around an opinion with no backing behind it. (no offense intended)

like i said, there's no point in arguing here so i haven't done anything other than crack-wise. don't assume so much just because i'm not trying to bore you to tears.

Facko;671161 said:
like i said, there's no point in arguing here so i haven't done anything other than crack-wise. don't assume so much just because i'm not trying to bore you to tears.

I wasn't really assuming anything about you in particular. More a statement about those people out there who DO spew their opinion without any research or data behind it. If you are one who has an opinion based on research, data, facts, experience, etc., then I wasn't talking about you.

BTW, if you have figured out why global warming is all BS, please feel free to bore me to tears. It would save a lot of research time.

Howl

Sorceror

Facko;671142 said:
lol, i'm not the one wasting his life on an alarmist scam. it doesn't suprise me that you are considering what kind of person you are. i've kept it all to humor because i know that nothing that anyone says could convince you or the other alarmists in this thread otherwise. for now ill just sit back and let you tell me how wrong i am and enjoy it. i dont really care one way or the other...

I don't tell you how wrong you are, I inform you of how uneducated you are on the matter. You're even more of an idiot if you believe environmental science is just about AGW.

And if you're so right, then please do enlighten us, oh wise one.

EvilChild

Knight

Global warming needs to hurry the fuck up

I'm sick of winters and the same old boring animals

Let's wipe out the polar bears and replace them with dinos already

Muggz

Sorceror

EvilChild;671267 said:
Global warming needs to hurry the fuck up

I'm sick of winters and the same old boring animals

Let's wipe out the polar bears and replace them with dinos already

I'm with this plan...

Howl

Sorceror

Hope you'll enjoy the food shortages, mass immigration and economic collapse just as much -.-

EvilChild

Knight

Howl;671297 said:
Hope you'll enjoy the food shortages, mass immigration and economic collapse just as much -.-

And this is worse than the current world situation because...?

2 Peter 3:10

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Thy will be done

Phelon

Knight

Lol, LL countdown has begun :)

On one hand you have climate change. It's now conveniently called "climate change" because the research, by and large, doesn't support the original verbage "global warming". The climate IS changing but whether we have the ability to alter it is questionble.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with the opinion "show me what can effectively be done" before we throw billions and billions of dollars at it like what's being discussed in Copenhagen. These things all just start to feel like transfer of wealth scenarios otherwise.

Oaks

Knight

I don't think anyone can accurately claim if humans are responsible for any climate changes.

Earth has had ice ages before on (even a severe one almost covering the entire surface of the planet in ice - and these happened without interference of modern day man) but after an x amount of years it always sorted itself out again. Maybe we are just due for one if we compare the period between previous ice ages with the period between the last one and our current time, who knows.

edit: (just realised this has been mentioned already hehe. Go ahead and call me lazy for not reading every reply, I deserve it. )

Oaks;671346 said:
I don't think anyone can accurately claim if humans are responsible for any climate changes.

Earth has had ice ages before on (even a severe one almost covering the entire surface of the planet in ice - and these happened without interference of modern day man) but after an x amount of years it always sorted itself out again. Maybe we are just due for one if we compare the period between previous ice ages with the period between the last one and our current time, who knows.

edit: (just realised this has been mentioned already hehe. Go ahead and call me lazy for not reading every reply, I deserve it. )
Yeah, I mean the more you look the more you find what appear to be scientific opinions that go either way. The old hockey stick graph is very popular with those claiming global warming, while you can find many articles showing that the hockey stick graph is Bullsheet. Like here:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/09/27/quote-of-the-week-20-ding-dong-the-stick-is-dead/

So maybe what we need to do is look at the reasons behind why people are really claiming global warming exists. I, for one, see it is an attempt to rectify the huge mistake with "global free markets", letting all these 3rd world countries industrialize and cause huge problems for us already-industrialized nations (jobs lost, economies thrown into ruin). If they are made to pay big dollars to clean up their industrial production and it makes it less cost effective to have all this manufacturing overseas, I say GREAT!!! Ill play along. SO I say yes, global warming surely exists. ;)

Phelon

Knight

I don't know which parts are snark. Just fucking say what you mean please.

Edit: or is that really your opinion? heh