UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - March 6th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam-hybrid

Knight
Re: Changes - March 6th 2010

Stides40oz;2038101 said:
Why would he stop caring about his uo account just because he is getting married? Does getting married all over a sudden make you so cool that youre supposed to not care about uo enough to even want your house not to fall?

did i say that? no...
but thinking about uo whilst ur on ur honeymoon dude

so u gettin married aswell?

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

I would rather let my house fall rather than tell my wife and my kids when I'm on vacation that I have to go refresh my houses.

Lunarpancake

Sorceror

MadeInQuebec;2038507 said:
I would rather let my house fall rather than tell my wife and my kids when I'm on vacation that I have to go refresh my houses.

I had to refresh my houses on my honeymoon. Big no no.

Andras

Sorceror

I Find the changing for more time is good for me too. I am a German Guy and i am an only solo Player, i dont have any ingame Friends, so it is good for me to travel away for 2 weeks.

Thanks

Trevor

Knight

mjr11;2038187 said:
21 days is a long time, for the people saying where do you guys work, mcdonalds? and all that other stuff... since you have such a bad ass job that gives you 2 week vacations, im sure you have a contraption called a laptop which you can log into uo on your bad ass wireless connection and refresh your house JUST ONCE. not having to worry about it again until you are back home. =p idk i just think 21 is ridiculous.. how was 14 days not enough. the active players are the people running around day and night looking for greatly worn houses and idocs lol. and not ALL of them are bad at pvp. idoc pvp is just different from the rest. i think 14 days was fine it never bothered me but 21 seems to be pushing it. If you cant log in once in 2 weeks you deserve to lose ur stuff, if you weren't smart enough to bank your belongings. Usually these things are planned. If you know you might lose your house. Bank your stuff... sell your house. how simple does it get?

Well i work at staples since i am 17. I have a "Part Time job" Which means i request if i want off. I can request a month off if i wanted to and they really don't mind as long as it isn't happening every other month.

If you even played this game you would have know it used to be 28 days. Which that was a long time. Also when i go on vacation the last thing i want to do is worry about uo or have to install uo on a laptop or computer. Most of the time when i go on vacation i wont even touch a computer because it's what i do at home.

hella

Sorceror

i didnt think nothing was wrong with it to begin with . it anything needs to be fixed here is pissie purple pots !!! lol .

Newk

Sorceror

hella;2038777 said:
i didnt think nothing was wrong with it to begin with . it anything needs to be fixed here is pissie purple pots !!! lol .

this

TheCiscoKid

Wanderer

i wonder how things will be with the extra week to look around. seems like every idoc will be known

wkstrm

Lord

TheCiscoKid;2038943 said:
i wonder how things will be with the extra week to look around. seems like every idoc will be known

chances for every idoc to be found will increase since they are Greatly for a longer time, and also IDOC if everything is proportionally increased (idoc times I mean).

Chances are there will be more people at every IDOC which increases the chances for PVP which is good since people complain about the lack of PVP.

Sativa

Sorceror

Personally I can see both the pros and cons of doing this

Pros:
Less people sitting at IDOCs doing nothing
Increased people at IDOCs when its going to fall increasing PvP
With less people worried about checking IDOC's they're free to pursue other things in game
Housing prices should also go back up slightly since the constant falling of houses will slow
Rare values should also slightly increase since less IDOC'd rares will be obtained

Cons:
The ability for people to get massive groups and just camp IDOCs somewhat stacking the odds
Less people on because less of a need to check house decay state
More and more people can find out about 1 IDOC making it substantially harder to protect it
and actually get more loot from the IDOC to profit

Just my personal opinion even though I don't IDOC at all myself

Sativa;2039100 said:

Pros:
With less people worried about checking IDOC's they're free to pursue other things in game
Housing prices should also go back up slightly since the constant falling of houses will slow
Rare values should also slightly increase since less IDOC'd rares will be obtained

Cons:
The ability for people to get massive groups and just camp IDOCs somewhat stacking the odds
More and more people can find out about 1 IDOC making it substantially harder to protect it

Pros:
Less people sitting at IDOCs doing nothing --- There will be the same amount of IDOCs
Increased people at IDOCs when its going to fall increasing PvP --- SAme people because of the same amount of IDOCs
With less people worried about checking IDOC's they're free to pursue other things in game --- People that hunted IDOCs will still do so even after the patch
Housing prices should also go back up slightly since the constant falling of houses will slow --- Houses will remain with the same price because there will be the same amount of IDOCs
Rare values should also slightly increase since less IDOC'd rares will be obtained --- See above

Cons:
The ability for people to get massive groups and just camp IDOCs somewhat stacking the odds --- How does this even apply? IDOCs will still fall and the same amount of people would be there
Less people on because less of a need to check house decay state --- You need the same amount of people online to time an IDOC. The system hasnt been altered
and actually get more loot from the IDOC to profit --- Just because the final stage is a few hours longer it doesnt mean that hunge numbers compared to before will show up... wtf

I dont know where you got all that from but what you said is completely innacurate. The same amount of IDOCs will be happening, same people will be there, you will need as many people to time them right and same fights would be going on.

hella

Sorceror

i see alot of people give input here . does anything here ever get changed ?

Sativa;2039100 said:

Pros:

Cons:

Hoodhero

Wanderer

Having longer times on Idocs means you'll see more of the same bs plots just taking up space and getting refreshed for years at a time without even being used. I see on the forums too often "hey who owns this house??" Only to find that the house is owned by some guy who logs in once in while to refresh and never plays.

crack kills

Wanderer

This change wouldn't be as bad if they cracked down on script timers. I would gladly recall in twice as much writing times down if I knew there weren't people setting up chars to script time. All I can see this doing as far as idoc's go is giving cheaters an advantage. I think around the same amount of houses will fall because I believe those who quit are leaving us for more than 21 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.