UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - March 6th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmiL

Sorceror
Re: Changes - March 6th 2010

As i said, it was a BAD change and unnecessary.

You guys could go fix the "classical houses dont getting vet storage bonnus" than doing such kinda of thing.

Changing something like this, does hurt PVP and every other aspect on this game. But for what?? To keep houses up of people who doesnt even play??

Just like EVERYONE have ALWAYS been told: is it that hard to Bank your things before take a break? Or simple getting friends to refresh? Comon...

Very very bad change and unnecessary.

How is it a bad thing? People go on vacation, people have to take small breaks. Lament was right, Hybrid is losing alot of players because the house decay times were just to short, people return from vacation etc and quit because they no longer have a house. You're probably a member of one of those mass recruit IDOC guilds.

I know I have forgot to refresh a bunch of houses because the decay timer was just to short and thats without taking breaks.

In a way I agree. Some people don't have friends in the game and alot of people take 2 week vacations.

Addicted

Disciple

I still stand behind the logic that you don't need a house to play. I keep the bulk of my regs and supplies in my bank(split between all my main chars), with a few at the house for convenience. I also have buy macros setup for all my chars that don't have regular supplies in stock so I can easily go to a -30% town and stock when I need too.

My houses are really just for organizing loot before it gets sold on my vendor.

But, I don't see how extended it a week is a bad thing.

Ajax

Lord

SmiL;2037702 said:
bad change and unnecessary.

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how bad or unnecessary your opinion is.

I think it's a fair change, it takes a bit of stress off of people who are away for business, or are moving, etc.

Addicted;2037745 said:
I still stand behind the logic that you don't need a house to play. I keep the bulk of my regs and supplies in my bank(split between all my main chars), with a few at the house for convenience. I also have buy macros setup for all my chars that don't have regular supplies in stock so I can easily go to a -30% town and stock when I need too.

My houses are really just for organizing loot before it gets sold on my vendor.

But, I don't see how extended it a week is a bad thing.

I totally agree you don't need a house to play the game, however people buy houses and houses are to store your items in, if their house falls with everything they own in it.... then yeah you get the point.

SmiL

Sorceror

Ajax;2037746 said:
You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how bad or unnecessary your opinion is.

I think it's a fair change, it takes a bit of stress off of people who are away for business, or are moving, etc.

It was my opinion, not really directed to you. Who do nothing but talk shit on the forums all day.

You are really free to think whatever you like of what i posted WITHOUT talk to me that way. Iv never spoke to you, so chill.

Also, i ve been playing here for 5 years, you can have 10 years of account, IDC, but i indeed have more ingame time than you.

Cynical Machine 2.0;2037757 said:
So there wont be a single IDOC dropping this week since all the greatlys went to fairly, eh?

Well, thats no fun. :(

correct. whatever timers you had add one week. and hope they dont get refreshed.

Addicted

Disciple

Heavy Smoker;2037749 said:
I totally agree you don't need a house to play the game, however people buy houses and houses are to store your items in, if their house falls with everything they own in it.... then yeah you get the point.

Yeah, I get it. And I understand it. I guess I've just lost my stuff so many times I've learned how to deal with it. I could go away today and let my 2 houses fall and not lose anything important. Just a bunch of weapons that I farmed and never use, heh.

Ajax;2037746 said:

true but at the same time loging in once in 14 days is plenty. Not to mention if you are planning to leave you can ask a friend to refresh.

It does give a slight time increase, but people are highly exaggerating when they say they will now "have a life" because it was increased to 21 days lol.

bryant

Sorceror

i think this is great!
All the people out there that sit and wait to make fortune of someelse's dis-fortune will have to wait longer.
thanks for the update.

Dexter420

Sorceror

Mark;2037582 said:
The house decay period has been increased to 21 days (from 14 days).

IMO It should have been made less not more. Its not just about idocs to me, its about stupid people who dont even play this game anymore they just log in and refresh there houses. I think your houses should fall depending on your active play time.

Lament

Knight

Good change.

maybe due to a thread i posted few weeks ago - http://www.uogamers.com/forum/tramm...ck-weve-already-lost-majority-playerbase.html

i hope that at least got some people thinking, im glad if i can do my part to lend ideas

But it should be something around 50 days...

Im sure all the IDOC nerds will disagree with me.

however, the fact of the matter is that i've been in contact with LOTS of players over the years who have lost their houses [and everything in them] and simply quit.

When you lose everything, theres not much incentive to continue playing, and unfortunately this shard has already lost a veritable crap load of players.

so whats more important? IDOC action? or the lively hood of the server?

unfortunately, at this point we've been widdled down to only the nerds that can log in every 2 weeks for 5 years straight.
and that is a very sad state of affairs

I know i personally have had to start from scratch 3 times.. something most players would not be willing to do.

and that was simply because i went on vacation, or hadn't been playing too much.

again i will ask... what is more important? IDOC action or population of the server?

this is a good change. the timer could be EVEN longer, but unfortunately its too little too late.

Addicted

Disciple

A longer timer just means tons of people with 4 houses that play one day every month. That means it's harder for people to get started and find a house in teh first place.

Gotta find the balance somewhere between inactive and active players.

If you aren't a "nerd" who only plays once every 4 weeks, why is a house so important?

Dexter420

Sorceror

Lament;2037835 said:
But it should be something around 50 days...

Why not just put a note on the server front page that says no new players allowed then?? It should be 7-10 Days depending on ur active play time. Making it such a high number doesnt solve/fix or help a thing. It keeps new players from wanting to even bother playing here because all the house spots are taken and you only have to log in once a month and refresh it.

Lament

Knight

more idocer's?

i would have never guessed...

7-10 days?

you know some of us actually have lives right?

Lament

Knight

oh shit guys,

im going on a week vacation.

better quit uo..

or get someone to refresh my accounts while im away [what a joke]

yea bro, thats how we lost A LOT OF PLAYERS... UNDERSTAND?!?!?!

Addicted;2037839 said:
A longer timer just means tons of people with 4 houses that play one day every month. That means it's harder for people to get started and find a house in teh first place.

Gotta find the balance somewhere between inactive and active players.

If you aren't a "nerd" who only plays once every 4 weeks, why is a house so important?

I agree, housing is the privilege of an active player! If you can't log in once within a 14 day period then you should not have a house! Free up more space for the more active new players!!

Status
Not open for further replies.