UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - March 6th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax

Lord
Re: Changes - March 6th 2010

SmiL;2037756 said:
It was my opinion, not really directed to you. Who do nothing but talk shit on the forums all day.

You are really free to think whatever you like of what i posted WITHOUT talk to me that way. Iv never spoke to you, so chill.

Also, i ve been playing here for 5 years, you can have 10 years of account, IDC, but i indeed have more ingame time than you.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what your view is because you are clearly the minority. This thread wasn't created for feedback, the guy in charge is letting the entire shard know that this change has been performed. If you don't like it, try your best to suck it up.

Do half of you work at burger king? 1-2 week vacations are the norm. The majority of us who go on vacation would rather do things pertaining to that vacation instead of playing uo.

Some of us have friends we can trust to refresh and some of us don't. That's just the simple fact. I've even seen well known people who I trust forget to refresh other peoples houses just on accident. It happens.

I just like to pvp at IDOCS myself. I have plenty of stock. The only reason I'd want to do idocs is for easy bola money if I played a bola character extensively.

Now if it was my source of income it will take a slight adjustment. What's an extra week? If the person is inactive it's going to fall regardless of it being a week or not. If you are that hard up for gold RIGHT NOW then donate and help the server or play poker.

HOLY CRAP

Sorceror

I think this change is horrible and needs to be made shorter if anything. Players use there time doing idocs and pvp, and an increase to the houses decay just impairs the active player base and helps the people who log on once a week to refresh, keeping their game junk on the side and devote no time to the shard.... booooooo! If you want to add something to help the shard, why not redo the vet rewards into something cool or add some new area or mobs or something beneficial.

(look at the picture above my post and read these words)
Two thumbs way down!

I think its fucking bullshit making it so the people who never play get to keep there shit they never use... and make it ten times harder for us active players to have fun or make any money devoting day after day to the shard.

You ruined a good thing bro.

Skywing

Sorceror

Well, this change sucks.

I agree that housing should be the privilege of the active player. If you are not going to be active enough to either refresh your house once every two weeks or have a friend do it for you, then perhaps another more active player could benefit from having housing of their own.

I'm perfectly aware that people take long vacations - I'm deploying for quite some time pretty soon here - but there are reasonable measures that can be taken. Add a bunch of friends to your house and tell people to refresh it. If you are taking several weeks of vacation and you can't find a single person to refresh your house one single time then you might want to look into getting some new friends. You might also want to consider that people don't like you very much.

It is already difficult enough getting a reasonable window for IDOCs with a 14 hour decay period. I recall around and check house decays and they will invariably change from fairly to greatly or greatly to IDOC while I am asleep or at work or doing something besides sitting at my computer all day. If I have a four hour window on a house, by UOGamers' Law of IDOCs, that shit will fall at the very last minute or while I am taking a piss or smoking a cigarette. With this change I'm simply not going to do IDOCs. It's not worth the hassle anymore. I have a feeling a good amount of people will feel the same way and PvP is going to suffer as a result.

Trevor

Knight

Shut up it used to be 28 days.

I am happy it likes this. I always go on about 2 1/2 week vacations and i run the risk of losing a house because some people forget to refresh a house. Why would you punish people for taking some free time and going to get some fresh air. Which is what all you complainer need.

Sirkah

Sorceror

update in too late. missed my gy houses by a few months.

but i got my main house still.

and besides, with less houses falling, maybe the house market might go back up.

who knows

Stides40oz

Knight

what's an idoc? Is that were like trammies congregate? Honestly who cares? The pvp at idocs sucks and it usually ends with everyone on a blue with their macros/scripts/scavengers trying to loot items.

Madmaniac

Sorceror

I Commend this Change. I think the economy will do much better, because the completley newbie guilds that gang bang idocs will have their source of income hindered. If im hanging with someone in game, their probably not a douche. So...probably im only gonna be around 3 people at the most, G^G/M~S recruit every douche bag they can so they can tell them to give them the loot they just looted from the idoc they ganked. IPK Doesent do that, You get what your fast enough to get. Maybe people will actully go do a lil bit more fair pvp...Oh wait...hahaha

Skywing

Sorceror

Madmaniac;2037976 said:
I Commend this Change. I think the economy will do much better, because the completley newbie guilds that gang bang idocs will have their source of income hindered. If im hanging with someone in game, their probably not a douche. So...probably im only gonna be around 3 people at the most, G^G/M~S recruit every douche bag they can so they can tell them to give them the loot they just looted from the idoc they ganked. IPK Doesent do that, You get what your fast enough to get. Maybe people will actully go do a lil bit more fair pvp...Oh wait...hahaha

Well, I think that topic - and its abject vicissitude of English - is one better discussed on the guild recruitment subforum.

Madmaniac;2037976 said:

Actually the rules for MS are quite fair. Only the greedy or poor people think otherwise. If you time it and find it you get all of the loot and the plot. It has to be an hour or less window. This promotes people actually doing all the work themselves and not piggybacking on someone elses hard work to get pixels.

We don't recruit every douche bag, only the douche bags that can afford the million gp entrance fee.

You steal someones loot and or plot you lose your mil and get booted and have to crawl to goon squad or gng to get loot.

Skywing;2037916 said:
Well, FIRST OFF, I suck AT THIS GAME AND LIKE MEN.

It is already difficult enough getting a reasonable window for IDOCs with a 14 hour decay period. I recall around and check house decays and they will invariably change from fairly to greatly or greatly to IDOC while I am asleep or at work or doing something besides sitting at my computer all day. If I have a four hour window on a house, by UOGamers' Law of IDOCs, that shit will fall at the very last minute or while I am taking A COCK UP THE ASS OR smoking a cigarette. With this change I'm simply not going to do IDOCs. It's not worth the hassle anymore. I have a feeling a good amount of people will feel the same way and PvP is going to suffer as a result.

You sir are a complete dumbass. ty for update, for I am getting married, and going on a honeymoon in a foreign country. That altogether would be over 2 weeks. So, I'm glad i dont have to worry about a friend or guildie forgetting to refresh my houses.

Sam-hybrid

Knight

Diamond's Inc.;2037995 said:
You sir are a complete dumbass. ty for update, for I am getting married, and going on a honeymoon in a foreign country. That altogether would be over 2 weeks. So, I'm glad i dont have to worry about a friend or guildie forgetting to refresh my houses.

hmmm.. ur goin on a honeymoon and you would seriously worry about a freind or guildy refreshing your houses? wow dude, the person you married must be luuuucky !!

but ye, am 50/50 on all this, we will see how it goes.

rexor

Sorceror

Make jap house fall in 5 days and American players fall in
30 days everyone will be happy

wkstrm

Lord

rexor;2038084 said:
Make jap house fall in 5 days and American players fall in
30 days everyone will be happy

Now that was a extremely retarded thing to say.

wow, big bummer. IDOCs were pretty much the only source of entertainment left for me in the game. i have not been actively playing in the last few months and i guess this is pretty much the final nail in the UO coffin for me.

out of the five or so servers i have played on over the last ten years UOGAMERS was by far the best the coolest shard i tried... many thanks to the staff and players for giving me some of best times i can imagine on the interwebs!

Addicted

Disciple

Rofl, how does this change idocs at all?

You get a time, show up just before it falls, kill people, loot. Nothing changes.

We need to stop with the QQing and just play the damn game. You will quickly realize that little changes like this don't really make things any different. Active players houses won't fall, inactive players houses will. The world continues to turn. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.