UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - January 29th 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarpancake

Sorceror
real old school was what i said before

If this shard was trying to go "old school" skill gain would take months to GM instead of minutes. Also guards and monsters would hop gates.....not to mention about a million other changes that were made over the years to make the game better. Reds being allowed in towns as non-agressors was a good change. Made for some fun pvp and allowed reds to get to and from pvp areas easier.

Hydrofiend

Knight
What's sad, is they put in the red changes because of one annoying townkiller, that was killing afks all day, every day for the last 2 weeks. Instead of just banning the douche, they change the ruleset.

Nobody would have missed him, or cared, if they just banned him. I don't think it needed a ruleset change to combat one annoying person.

Trevor

Knight
or if you killed a blue in town then for 24 hours if you step in guards you get guarded not just randomly step in.

Hydrofiend

Knight
Oh yes, Staff would make a decision based on one single player. :rolleyes: Really?

Can you think of any other explanation for the sudden change? I saw no other problem with reds in town. That one player, was killing every player in del in the middle of the night, every night... and less people were logging in.

I don't mind the change, this is how UO used to be, but I can understand why people are upset.

This wont stop our Townkilling anyways. Suicide townkilling is NOT affected by this thing but very marginally. Its a worthless change that has NO rational reasoning behind it. All townkillers. Gather up and go Spade on Lock and Loads ass. Fucking trammelites wants to feel safe in towns. No spot should be safe.

Consider this too. IF you have a densely populated server with 3-5k players, there will be hordes out of towns so reds wont really have much of a reason to go to towns. In Hybrid its more like 3-400 active players at any time. Roaming the wilderness as a red when 250 of those 300 are either in towns or at pond is pretty meaningless. I.e it was ok to have reds banned from towns on OSI but on hybrid its totally contraproductive. Remove this silly change.

This wont stop our Townkilling anyways. Suicide townkilling is NOT affected by this thing but very marginally. Its a worthless change that has NO rational reasoning behind it. All townkillers. Gather up and go Spade on Lock and Loads ass. Fucking trammelites wants to feel safe in towns. No spot should be safe.

Consider this too. IF you have a densely populated server with 3-5k players, there will be hordes out of towns so reds wont really have much of a reason to go to towns. In Hybrid its more like 3-400 active players at any time. Roaming the wilderness as a red when 250 of those 300 are either in towns or at pond is pretty meaningless. I.e it was ok to have reds banned from towns on OSI but on hybrid its totally contraproductive. Remove this silly change.

haha, figures u wouldent aprove of this. U dont know how to pvp & or get along with anyone else. Hence why u sit at the bank harrassing ppl & ruining ppl's good time.

What's sad, is they put in the red changes because of one annoying townkiller, that was killing afks all day, every day for the last 2 weeks. Instead of just banning the douche, they change the ruleset.

Nobody would have missed him, or cared, if they just banned him. I don't think it needed a ruleset change to combat one annoying person.

I'm not sure why they did it, but we needed some changes. Also i havent seen him in days maybe he did get banned lol or maybe not. Either way other ppl started folloing in his footsteps so it wouldent of ended by banning him anyhow. More ppl would of continued to do it.

ickyfloyd

Sorceror
I did explain many of the issues that are problematic, didn't I?

Yep u sure did :) I am sorry. My wife had my balls most of the weekend and when I gots em back I headed straight to my more inebriating vices before I tried to catch up on hybrid ;)
Seems like I missed a lot!

case losed.jpg

Reds are scary. Case closed.

Crayon

Page
After playing on my red for a while lastnight, it was almost kinda fun watching the blues try to bait me into the guard lines. Too bad it didn't work.

If this shard was trying to go "old school" skill gain would take months to GM instead of minutes. Also guards and monsters would hop gates.....not to mention about a million other changes that were made over the years to make the game better. Reds being allowed in towns as non-agressors was a good change. Made for some fun pvp and allowed reds to get to and from pvp areas easier.

My thoughts exactly...

Mara

Knight
Yep u sure did :) I am sorry. My wife had my balls most of the weekend and when I gots em back I headed straight to my more inebriating vices before I tried to catch up on hybrid ;)
Seems like I missed a lot!

View attachment 73611

Reds are scary. Case closed.

It's allright man. Trust me though, reds are not the scary ones. It's the blues that are anything but innocent on this shard. Lots of them anyway.

Shard does need and benefit from more than just PVPers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.