UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changelog 7-5-05

gtunit

Wanderer
Re: Changelog 7-5-05

Prodigy said:
Thieves are freely attackable. They also can't give murder counts. You are free to attack the thief who stole off you. If you go "grey" who cares? You're already red.

So, if I know a person who is a thief in town, perma or not (new res for that matter) I can just drop them without becoming a criminal.

And by becoming a criminal, I don't mean turning "grey" as you put it. I mean becoming a criminal/aggressor towards an innocent (however innocent thieves are) person and being able to be guard whacked.

The reason I brought this up was because a thief was stealing from me in town and was staying blue.....so, I didn't really know if he could be freely attackable by me, without the fact that I could get guardwhacked.

defekt

Wanderer

You needed to use forensic to identify him as a member of the theif guild then he is perma grey to you.

Roger-hybrid

Wanderer

drakrum said:
You nerf PvP and then you turn around and nerf normal game play as well, your going to nerf and nerf untill this shard cant be nerfed no more and all weapons will do 10 damage, all spells will do 5 damage and you always resist poison. Stun/para blows last .5 seconds and animals in pvp do 5 damage.

Its stupid ryan dont mess up the economy to fix pvp.. thats your problem your not isolating a change to just ONE change you effect everything diversly when you propose changes and make them.

you know.. i hate sayin it but oh well... its whiny turds like you that make this shard look like a joke.. what your bola balls taken away? boo friggin hoo cry me a river.. to me this is the best damn news i've had all week..

other stuff being toned down and nerfed? great idea! now instead of running into pk's or pvp tamers they cant get off their mount and whip a bola at you.. instead you para their punk pets and drop them like a bad habit.. or the same applies for pk's
this balances out in a way so deal with the change and go with the flow..
when my comp is up and running i'll see you out in the Killing Fields ;)

Common said:
So, if I know a person who is a thief in town, perma or not (new res for that matter) I can just drop them without becoming a criminal.

And by becoming a criminal, I don't mean turning "grey" as you put it. I mean becoming a criminal/aggressor towards an innocent (however innocent thieves are) person and being able to be guard whacked.

The reason I brought this up was because a thief was stealing from me in town and was staying blue.....so, I didn't really know if he could be freely attackable by me, without the fact that I could get guardwhacked.

You can only attack them without becoming a criminal if they are perma.

The thief who was stealing from you was stealing unnoticed. There are four things that can happen when a thief steals from you:

Thief fails and is noticed: You get a message, and guards can be called
Thief fails and is not noticed: Nothing
Thief succeeds and is noticed: You get a message, and guards can be called.
Thief succeeds and is not noticed: You don't get a message, and guards can't be called.

If a thief steals from any blue character, including you, whether he is noticed or not he is now perma. So if a thief steals from you and stays blue, you can freely attack him. The minute you cast an offensive spell or attack with a weapon, his character bar will turn grey.

You needed to use forensic to identify him as a member of the theif guild then he is perma grey to you.

This is false.

chance420

Wanderer

When "reds in town" came onto Siege Perilous there was a bug (or maybe deemed not a bug, don't know, don't care - it was at least "game mechanic flaw") that allowed a thief to steal from a Red in town, and regardless of whether or not the thief was noticed or any outcome of his stealing, the Red would get guardwhacked if he attacked the thief in town. Not sure if the UOG:H implementation of reds in town has had the same "flawed mechanic" or not, but I think this is what is being spoken of.

Antarus

Wanderer

Ironfist Max said:
Bola Balls still exist, you get them off of orcs and savages. You just cannot craft them anymore.

As far as the suicide attacks. Maybe now brit bank won't be filled with 100 people AFK.

People will actually have to play the game!!!! Oh my god, the humanity!!!!!

-Ironfist Max

I agree with max 100% here. There are towns in Britannia other then West Brit Bank.

As for bolas, if you need to depend on them to compete in pvp you really need to re-evaluate your gameplay.

gtunit

Wanderer

Prodigy said:
You can only attack them without becoming a criminal if they are perma.

The thief who was stealing from you was stealing unnoticed. There are four things that can happen when a thief steals from you:

Thief fails and is noticed: You get a message, and guards can be called
Thief fails and is not noticed: Nothing
Thief succeeds and is noticed: You get a message, and guards can be called.
Thief succeeds and is not noticed: You don't get a message, and guards can't be called.

If a thief steals from any blue character, including you, whether he is noticed or not he is now perma. So if a thief steals from you and stays blue, you can freely attack him. The minute you cast an offensive spell or attack with a weapon, his character bar will turn grey.

Thanks for clearing some of that up, but its not really answering what I was asking.
For one, I am talking about me, being a red character (not a blue) So, when you say "guards can be called" that probably does not apply to a thief who steals from a red.

Also, I know about the whole "perma" grey thing, but does it apply to thieves who ARE NOT members of the thieves guild. IIRC (years back), even if you aren't in the thieves guild, you CAN steal from criminals/enemies (which includes reds, greys, and warring guild members)

Overall, all I want to know is....if a thief steals from my red in town (and remains blue) can I attack him without being whacked?

Ajax

Lord

Spriggan said:
great job ryan, im glad to see you didnt hesitate to make the BIG changes, or make some *** poll...

Valentino, this shard is all about change, and in the long run you will see its for the better.

you dont even play anymore rofl

Ajax

Lord

Elf said:
Good point. The problem with this is that it doesn't consider the spell as an attack until the spell actually does damage. On OSI, it flagged the caster as soon as he targeted the spell.

Good to hear, Fyi, this isn't OSI

druid311

Wanderer

this is god damn bull****, everything is fine except reds in town, this is no longer like old UOR, I have reds like the next guy, I dont care if you must flag first, who gives a ****, how stupid now Its just like being grey, I never played on siege and I am glad I didnt, horrible idea. Reds(me also) we need to be outside town looking for the fools who step too far past the line, thats what makes us different, please add perma stat loss then when reds die as a penalty, otherwise wtf.org, .net, .com

.end pvp because now I see no point in it, it was reds vs blues, then factions vs factions then all vs reds then reds vs reds now its no one , a big carebear network where we all [e hug when we see each other

btw, i was just online on a red so I don't want to hear blah blah trammie bs because I've been playing here for years and had reds for that long, this isnt how its been, thats what pisses me off, UOR didnt have reds running around in town, we were ment in the shadows to gank the newbs out there, yes its HYBRID, i get that also, If you want siege rules go play a server with these rules, we need a full shard wipe and make skill gain/stat gain harder with MUCH less magic weapons, make vanqs rare and money hard to come by, THIS is not the answer to PVP this siege. All non siege loving ******s will agree with me

BRING BACK THE OLD DAYS!

Scorpio X

Wanderer

Druid311 said:
this is god damn bull****, everything is fine except reds in town, this is no longer like old UOR, I have reds like the next guy, I dont care if you must flag first, who gives a ****, how stupid now Its just like being grey, I never played on siege and I am glad I didnt, horrible idea. Reds(me also) we need to be outside town looking for the fools who step too far past the line, thats what makes us different, please add perma stat loss then when reds die as a penalty, otherwise wtf.org, .net, .com

.end pvp because now I see no point in it, it was reds vs blues, then factions vs factions then all vs reds then reds vs reds now its no one , a big carebear network where we all [e hug when we see each other
It's nothing like being grey. A grey can stop at any time and he can have one person flag on him, run around until he's blue to the world but flagged to one person and kill them. Reds are always red.

Druid311 said:
true but similar rules apply, too similar
The pros outweigh the cons... As a red, haven't you (before this change) wanted to chase one of the 10 guys that are attacking you into town and finish him off when he runs into GZone after dumping on you with all his blue buddies? What's so bad about a red being in town? Really?

druid311

Wanderer

The pros outweigh the cons... As a red, haven't you (before this change) wanted to chase one of the 10 guys that are attacking you into town and finish him off when he runs into GZone after dumping on you with all his blue buddies? What's so bad about a red being in town?

Yes I wanted to chase them inside town but its about the same as being a grey now, besides that eventually the timer goes away and your blue again, Its not keeping with tradition though, change is bad when its this big, thats all I have to say about it.
Last night my friend was running up to blues and nuking them before they could call guards, now those new players will be scared away dropping the population of the server. Its a big hug the newb rule set when blues say HI to me as Im red in town :(
I dont want to shake their hand I want to kill them lol it was not ment to be this way but one persons thoughts wont change it, seems everyone else likes it so I guess its stayin

Str0ngold

Wanderer

Well i came accross a bug about the thing that red can become blue and i cant become blue how great ! so now i lost 7 days of game play woot it will make 21 days i haven't pvped when ill be out of the faction :D

Scorpio X

Wanderer

Frostspirit said:
Well i came accross a bug about the thing that red can become blue and i cant become blue how great ! so now i lost 7 days of game play woot it will make 21 days i haven't pvped when ill be out of the faction :D
It's not a bug, and it only works once