UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changelog 7-5-05

Re: Changelog 7-5-05

This does present a problem, Red's can do "suicide attacks" in town by banking all of their **** and killing people with scrolls. It can cause grief and make some trammy's quit

Stump

Wanderer

yes this is dumb..tons of newbie reds will be town murdering and it will be uber ***

Minsc

Sorceror

Elendili! said:
no bolas, worst change ever, thats worse than what osi does :(

that sucks for the people who have bought over 1k of them (for like 2mil or what ever) and people who have already :(

K

kottonmouth_02

A stoned T-Rex said:
This does present a problem, Red's can do "suicide attacks" in town by banking all of their **** and killing people with scrolls. It can cause grief and make some trammy's quit

blue players cannot be attacked in town by reds unless the blues flag first

and plz....let the trammies quit

Stump said:
yes this is dumb..tons of newbie reds will be town murdering and it will be uber ***
You still can't perform criminal actions in town. But you can chase guard hiders that attack you all through town. These changes are great. I'm sure some people are pissed about the bolas, as is evident, but they're gone now and that means there will be less people *****ing about them, which I'm sure greatly outnumber those that wanted to keep them.

Ar`uik

Wanderer

The faction changes aren't of much concern to me...but the lack of Bola's cripples the orcish RP groups ability to defend themselves on the server....how can unmounted orcs keep up with l337 deWdz when our only dismount tool (which takes time to get in bulk) is wiped?

Very disappointing.

Elendili! said:
SE over no bolas anyday
Hahah, are you serious? Jesus man, play Demise.
Ar`uik said:
The faction changes aren't of much concern to me...but the lack of Bola's cripples the orcish RP groups ability to defend themselves on the server....how can unmounted orcs keep up with l337 deWdz when our only dismount tool (which takes time to get in bulk) is wiped?

Very disappointing.
Good point. But Orcs were roleplaying on UO long before bolas. "Boxing" will come back into the mix and players will have to position themselves to trap their opponents so they can't run for the hills.
Stump said:
so reds cant cast exp on u in town anymore and run off?
Yes, they can. But so can blues.

Lorthic

Knight

Ryan said:
Tonight, the following changes were made:

Faction Sigils:
  • Corruption timer changed to 14 hours.
  • Purification timer changed to 3 days.

Murderers:
  • One-time faction reprieve: murder counts can be reset when joining a faction. This is optional.
  • Siege-style town ruleset, allowing red players in town. Those players may not buy from vendors nor attack innocent players, but may defend themselves if attacked.

Faction War horses:
  • War horses are now available in the secondary faction color.
  • War horses now have a reduced remount delay on successful bola.
  • War horses are now bonded with the town of purchase, not the owner:
    • When a war horse is first purchased, it is instantly bonded.
    • War horses will stay bonded until the town they were purchased in is lost to an enemy faction.
    • Unbonded war horses cannot be rebonded through normal means.

Faction items:
  • Faction weapon base price is now 1,000 silver, down from 3,000. Runic weapon modifier is 850 silver per level, up from 650.
  • Item bless duration:
    • Minimum of 3 days.
    • Maximum of 2 weeks.
    • Partially dependant on town ownership: if the town of craft is lost after the 3 day minimum, the item becomes unblessed.

Misc:
  • Bola balls are no longer craftable. Existing bolas and bola balls have been wiped.
  • Swamp dragons no longer influence PvP damage. They now only effect PvM.

Well done on all accounts, Ryan. Now, how about adding in some new regular horse hues? Say... Arabian? :)

Afro Man

Wanderer

omg thank you! i love every single change made. All you *****es whining about bolas, go play demise. There will now be actual PvP which makes me happy :D

e-mart

Wanderer

i like the murderes in town u can get free stuff when they die! ryan read my mail pleeeasseee

Ironfist Max

Sorceror

Bola Balls still exist, you get them off of orcs and savages. You just cannot craft them anymore.

As far as the suicide attacks. Maybe now brit bank won't be filled with 100 people AFK.

People will actually have to play the game!!!! Oh my god, the humanity!!!!!

-Ironfist Max

Adian

Wanderer

Ironfist Max said:
Bola Balls still exist, you get them off of orcs and savages. You just cannot craft them anymore.

As far as the suicide attacks. Maybe now brit bank won't be filled with 100 people AFK.

People will actually have to play the game!!!! Oh my god, the humanity!!!!!

-Ironfist Max

The bola balls won't do much though considering you can't craft bolas anymore.